Canucks have out chanced NSH all series 

again last night 

13-7 overall high danger chances per 650 and that’s with NSH getting 4 PPs

we need to shoot and execute 

that’s it 

playoff hockey not easy 

Petey is a passenger 

trade him in off season 

Most of that coming in the first period and I'd say game skewed Vans numbers overall.  They've been overmatched in 4 of the 5 games

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

PDGs been doing good on the PK, after the first game I wanted Podz in but can understand why they are sticking with PDG.

I’ve actually started thinking maybe they should throw PDG on Millers line again and drop Sutr. They were lights out at the start of the year.

PDG has been buzzing this series in my opinion. The 4th line overall has done well. Keeping it simple and being hounds on the puck. I haven’t caught myself saying “oh crap they’re stuck on the ice and not getting it out of their zone” kinda stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Hoglander  Miller  Boeser

Joshua  Pettersson  Garland

Suter  Lindholm  Mikheyev

PDG  Blueger  Lafferty

Lines I'd like to see.

The Lindholm line can match up against top lines. Joshua gives Petey a net front presence and Garland is playing great.

Hoggy should be able to finish chances better than Suter.  The Blueger line brings pressure and energy.

12 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I’ve actually started thinking maybe they should throw PDG on Millers line again and drop Sutr. They were lights out at the start of the year.

PDG has been buzzing this series in my opinion. The 4th line overall has done well. Keeping it simple and being hounds on the puck. I haven’t caught myself saying “oh crap they’re stuck on the ice and not getting it out of their zone” kinda stuff. 

Although I've liked the 4th line I actually think PDG is sagging it a bit. He's trying, but he's so darn slow that he's chasing the play sooooo much. Blueger and Lafferty have been great in my opinion but are really pulling his weight. 

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Do you tend to rewrite history to fit your narrative. Miller definitely had some issues backchecking and having a tantrum. Got called out on HNIC for it sure... but how is that the same thing as completely disappearing? That's not remotely close to what's happening with Petterson.

Not sure how anyone can argue there's a serious problem here

First time in 6 years playing real hockey on a good team 5 games into his first playoffs. No one really knows if he's got a legitimate injury, has the yips, is figuring out tight checking, is tentative, or happily up 3-2 and planning on getting better as he goes.

It feels to me people are possibly rushing to judgement, just like they've done for years on him, and during the season. I'm still allowing for the possibility he rebounds with a huge game and this is all forgotten. For me it's one of those things that aren't worth worrying about. We'll get more information when it's all said and done.

16 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

They looked super good together the odd shift they had in the playoffs. Losing a little faith in Tocchet. 

I’d be going

PDG-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Lindholm-Pettersson

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Mikheyev-Suter-Lafferty

Zadorov net front presence on the pp. 

I’d also maybe pair Myers with Hughes. He’s prob been our best d-man and has the size to help protect Quinn. Hronek has also been shit.

24 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Yup, PDG has been one of our best players unfortunately.

I’m just looking up and down at the lineup and see who we can slot in to play with EP.. the lack of playmakers we have on forward is an eye sore.. EP played best the last couple years with a 2nd playmaker on that line with a shooter. We don’t have another playmaker on forward outside of miller?? Kuz was that guy earlier this season and last and we really don’t have a replacement 

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

-in my opinion the reason that the team hasn't complained about the irregular reffing is they know that the league will go even further to left field with their calls.

-Tocchek didn't challenge that 'slide the goalie & puck into the net' because he knew that any 50/50 call would go against the Canadian team. 

-I've noticed too that we get waved out of more faceoffs than the other team.

plus when they do show the actual puck drop, take a look as to which side of the dot the puck is dropped. More often than not it's closer to the Nashville side of the dot. 

-Go ahead and call me a conspirist... I don't care. Until the games are called evenly I'll stand by what I see with my own eyes. This 'game management' bit is a total pile of crapola. If it's a penalty in the first minute of the game, it's a penalty in the last minute, doesn't matter what the score is. Also the embellishment needs to be called more AND those scrums... when 2 guys are 'hugging / shoving /jawing ' and a 3rd man comes in ... there's a penalty for that---3rd man in --CALL IT. If they called it more often it would stop. 

I have watched many playoff series over the years, every time a Canadian team plays against an American team in the playoffs, the officiating tends to favour the American team; especially if it is a Southern market team. I hate the Flames and Oilers, but noticed that when they played the Ducks in 2017, the officiating was one sided in favour of the Ducks; I am watching this through the lens of someone who at the time wanted both of those teams to lose. Same with the Leafs against their opponents. Whenever they play in the playoffs against Tampa, Boston or Florida, the opposing team always gets the favourable calls. Montreal got shafted in that series against the Rangers in 2014 when Price was just run and injured by Kreider (no disciplinary action called against Kreider who took out Montreal's best player for the rest of the series). Don't even get me started with the 2011 Finals officiating; then the 2013 first round series against the Sharks, that was an absolute joke how one sided the officials were that year. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, stawns said:

Most of that coming in the first period and I'd say game skewed Vans numbers overall.  They've been overmatched in 4 of the 5 games

Hogwash

Its just that you believed all the pre-press about the matchup.  No one seemed to get that Nashville was actually a very good team.  One of the top teams in the second half of the season.  Their players also bought into their coaches system just like our players did with Tocchets.  They are formidable opposition.  They match up well with us. So they WILL get their chances.  There will be times when we dominate in their zone, and visa versa.  

They had a combination of puck luck and bounces, and also were able to score when a chance was presented. We didn't.  We also took penalties at the worst possible times. So you can say we f'd up.  But that is very different than being "outmatched".  Momentum is a funny thing.  We deserved a goal or two in the first period, but the Hockey Gods said no. If we'd gotten a lead then, I don't think we'd have lost the game.

Two very evenly matched teams. Especially after Demko went down. They have an edge in net, we should have, theoretically, more talent offensively.  It was never going to be easy. I think too many fans thought it would be, and now overreact the other way.  "The Canucks are terrible!"  No, there not.  Its just that the Nashville team is NOT terrible. Some fans have trouble coming to terms with that.  I still think we have an edge on them, but its going to be a closely fought battle, and Canucks will have to work for it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

False

High danger chances was 5-1 for Van in the 3rd

Van has also lead this stat in 4 of 5 games

If you think Vancouver has been the better team in any game but #2, you're delusional.  They've been completely dominated by the Preds.  Watch the game, not the stat line 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Hogwash

Its just that you believed all the pre-press about the matchup.  No one seemed to get that Nashville was actually a very good team.  One of the top teams in the second half of the season.  Their players also bought into their coaches system just like our players did with Tocchets.  They are formidable opposition.  They match up well with us. So they WILL get their chances.  There will be times when we dominate in their zone, and visa versa.  

They had a combination of puck luck and bounces, and also were able to score when a chance was presented. We didn't.  We also took penalties at the worst possible times. So you can say we f'd up.  But that is very different than being "outmatched".  Momentum is a funny thing.  We deserved a goal or two in the first period, but the Hockey Gods said no. If we'd gotten a lead then, I don't think we'd have lost the game.

Two very evenly matched teams. Especially after Demko went down. They have an edge in net, we should have, theoretically, more talent offensively.  It was never going to be easy. I think too many fans thought it would be, and now overreact the other way.  "The Canucks are terrible!"  No, there not.  Its just that the Nashville team is NOT terrible. Some fans have trouble coming to terms with that.  I still think we have an edge on them, but its going to be a closely fought battle, and Canucks will have to work for it.

Actually, I thought Nashville was their best matchup. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stawns said:

Not true.   Game one edge Canucks.  Game 2 edge Canucks.  Game 3 even.  Game 4 big edge NSH.   Game five even, or edge Canucks.   Game 3 outmatched big time 3rd period - right until the end of Game 4.   That's the only "mismatched" part of the series. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Actually, I thought Nashville was their best matchup. 

As in...Nashville was the most beatable?. 

You proved my point.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

If you think Vancouver has been the better team in any game but #2, you're delusional.  They've been completely dominated by the Preds.  Watch the game, not the stat line 

You said that most of the 13-7 high danger chances came in the first and skewed Vans numbers. This is false.  Plain and simple.

Nothing to even debate. 

As for the rest.  You aren't the only one who watches the game.  The majority (not all) of fans, pundits and former players seem to disagree with you. (As do I) The stats are just a bit of extra confirmation.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

couple of thoughts:

I really think if the Canucks can re-sign big Z they should.  IMO he should be wearing an A for this team and I believe would be very honoured to do so.

Was trying to think of a bottom 6 dynamo line.  Maybe:

Hoglander Bleugar Lafferty

then see if PDG can be the retrieval guy he was earlier in the year.  

PDG Miller Boeser

Joshua Lindy Garland

Mik Pettersson Suter

Hoagie Bleugar Lafferty

• Vintage 1