[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

9 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Invisible is kind of harsh. He does made subtle little plays here and there, but for a player his calibre, you would hope he would step up and dominate a game or two eventually.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He's mad, We all are. What are ya gonna do about Petey? Let's start with something simple like a goal and an assist next game, K?

Yeah. I think Button’s criticism is fair. As is most people’s criticism on players like Pettersson or Marner. 

Am I angry at Pettersson? Hell no. I’m a fan but a pragmatic one. My happiness isn’t bound to this team’s fortunes. I’ve been a Canucks fan for years and simply can’t root for another team. I like the composition, chemistry and overall quality of this team. I want them to win for themselves and for the organization. 

By all accounts, Pettersson is a big part of the team, especially when you consider salary. It’s time he shows it. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Invisible is kind of harsh. He does made subtle little plays here and there, but for a player his calibre, you would hope he would step up and dominate a game or two eventually.

I’m my opinion, it’s a very apt description of where he is based on his profile and “stature” within the team dynamic. Nothing harsh about that description unless one’s feelings override everything else in their life 

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Frank's take.  Has good comments and also quotes from Cole. 

Frank has become one of the most interesting and informed voices in hockey. I love his honesty 

Between the regular season and playoffs, Mikheyev has just one goal in his last 55 games. I'd put in Pods for Mikheyev. Even if Pods didn't score, he would at least be putting some good hits on the Preds defense. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. I think Button’s criticism is fair. As is most people’s criticism on players like Pettersson or Marner. 

Am I angry at Pettersson? Hell no. I’m a fan but a pragmatic one. My happiness isn’t bound to this team’s fortunes. I’ve been a Canucks fan for years and simply can’t root for another team. I like the composition, chemistry and overall quality of this team. I want them to win for themselves and for the organization. 

By all accounts, Pettersson is a big part of the team, especially when you consider salary. It’s time he shows it. 

He needs to start showing it. He is getting paid big bucks soon and this rollercoaster of up and down play needs to stop. He needs to find his consistency. 

When he’s at his best he plays like a game-changing top NHL player that can even outshine Hughes. 

If he can’t then you know we might have to start looking at our options. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

Canucks were great in game 4. Lindholm was 75%! They sucked last night.

They did suck last night, and you're right they were great in game 4. It was Game 3 where it was really awful, under 40%. My bad.

7 minutes ago, boziffous said:

Between the regular season and playoffs, Mikheyev has just one goal in his last 55 games. I'd put in Pods for Mikheyev. Even if Pods didn't score, he would at least be putting some good hits on the Preds defense. 

Absolutely. Mik is painfull to watch. Not sure where his goals against sits in this series, but I think Pods would bring some energy. Pods should of been playing last night. 

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He needs to start showing it. He is getting paid big bucks soon and this rollercoaster of up and down play needs to stop. He needs to find his consistency. 

When he’s at his best he plays like a game-changing top NHL player that can even outshine Hughes. 

If he can’t then you know we might have to start looking at our options. 

Agreed. Well put. Pettersson has been pretty invisible and terrible considering his potential and capabilities.

I think there’s a growing segment of society that gets their hackles up when they hear criticism. Folks who seem unable to understand that such criticism isn’t personal (like Button mentioned) but based on the person’s professional performance. Giving the Four Agreements a read would do them a world of good. 

Pettersson has not been the same , elite creative player he looked like he would be in his Calder year, and he has 2 points in 5 playoff games when it matters most. Overpaid so far

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Button knows his shit. Speaks the truth. Pettersson has been terrible. Invisible. 

Right on the money, Craig. 

If he wasn't EP then we'd have to consider where he lines up.   Definitely he's been owned for a large portion of this series and they actually are enjoying it. 

As in is has he played better then Garland?   Don't see him getting owned.   Not trying to pile on either.   We all know what he's capable of. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

If he wasn't EP then we'd have to consider where he lines up.   Definitely he's been owned for a large portion of this series and they actually are enjoying it.

I do think the criticism and focus on him is based on his performance and where it should be at based on previous performances. Yesterday was his best game of the series but that’s not really saying much. 

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

As in is has he played better then Garland?   

Not at all. Garland has been far more consistent in his effort and willingness to get into the dirty areas and take the punishment than Pettersson has. 

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Avs and either of VGK or DAL is going to be an unreal series 

The Jets inexplicably collapsed. The defense was atrocious. Makes me look at the Canucks blueline with renewed appreciation for how far it has come. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Although I've liked the 4th line I actually think PDG is sagging it a bit. He's trying, but he's so darn slow that he's chasing the play sooooo much. Blueger and Lafferty have been great in my opinion but are really pulling his weight. 

I haven’t thought he was slow. To me that whole 4th line looks the fastest put there. Including PDG…I will say i’d rather Podz in the top 6 than him. 

I think Toc leaves the 4th line alone and unfortunately Hogz probably sits…when it should be Mik…he’s went full Louie Eriksson. But coach keeps him in because of “little things”

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

A lot of talk about EP but man has Hronek been struggling. He alone should be a difference maker and yet to put his mark on the series.

Yip. He seems to escape criticism but how often has he let the big shot go, or get it through. He's losing physical battles as well. Sign Z. I wouldn't give Hronek anything over 6.5 per. I wouldn't even give him that if it costs us Z. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Jets inexplicably collapsed. The defense was atrocious. Makes me look at the Canucks blueline with renewed appreciation for how far it has come. 

Our management knows how to build a cup winning blue line.

Look at all past championship teams. They all have a common theme of being tough. We have lacked that for years until now.

I still think our forward group needs work. We are so soft up front. 

As much as people complain about Toc washing all skill out of this lineup like Kuz…I think he just knows what wins championships. When was the last time we seen an ultra skilled cup winning team aside from Tampa in the bubble?

Vegas, Colorado, St Louis, Chicago, Penguins, Devils…on and on where all tough teams. Sure they have skill, but those skilled players were also very defensively sound and all took care of business in their own end too.

North/South, whatever you want to call it wins games come playoff time. There is no room for the cute shit anymore. It gets swallowed up in a second.

Petey can barely breathe out there right now…and this is just Nashville. It’s gonna get harder and harder. He need to learn to be effective without space.

But for sure, this season is worth celebrating because our defence and goaltending. It’s a breath of fresh air.

Now to just get some beef to play with Petey and we cookin!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. Well put. Pettersson has been pretty invisible and terrible considering his potential and capabilities.

I think there’s a growing segment of society that gets their hackles up when they hear criticism. Folks who seem unable to understand that such criticism isn’t personal (like Button mentioned) but based on the person’s professional performance. Giving the Four Agreements a read would do them a world of good. 

People can be critical because they care to various degree about what or whom they are criticizing. If they didn’t care they wouldn’t bother. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

20240501_152115.thumb.jpg.e979f78af11875cb59b3b17c14ca35a8.jpg

This was a complete accident..I feel bad, Like it created bad vibes..Sorry you fell on the ground Brock!

I blame Bettman for this!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1