[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Anyway the good news is we have two games to win it.

The way Silovs is playing, we have excellent goaltending.

Defense is also playing well and limiting chances.

Problem is the offense, and the lack of chemistry on the top six except between Miller and Boeser.

Yeah Silovs has been good and goaltending hasn't been a problem except maybe game 2. 

And that's it, it's all about scoring especially 5-on-5 and capitalizing on the PP

Edited by iinatcc

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Looking at it over and over, I'd say it could have definitely been called back.  Nobody touched the preds player until after he slammed into silovs.

Maybe, but they might have gotten a penalty too. We'll never know.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Looking at it over and over, I'd say it could have definitely been called back.  Nobody touched the preds player until after he slammed into silovs.

I think it was worth a challenge. Surprised they didn't but also understand why.

RT's right.....we really should've gotten something out of the first and didn't. 

They dominated that period and it's too bad that they couldn't capitalize on it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

?

He is calling the refs out without calling them out to avoid league punishment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Petey is broken dude...  Why? I don't know but doesn't seem like he's built for the playoffs, and if I get flamed.for.saying this I care not, same as the Sedins, incredibly awesome regular season players but in the playoffs when things get rough and physical? 

This team isn't yet in the same realm as the 2011 team, imo.

Sorry, quoted the wrong post

Edited by stawns

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Maybe, but they might have gotten a penalty too. We'll never know.

They've been running our tender all series; they wouldn't have overturned it citing "inconclusive" even if it was so god damn obvious Stevie W. could've made the correct call.

Just now, 43isprime said:

I think it was worth a challenge. Surprised they didn't but also understand why.

We would be down 2 men if we lost the challenge. Understand why. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Actually, despite their stellar season, that team was not mentally tough.  They also blew 3-0 lead on hawks. Blew a third period lead in game 7 third period, while oo a fucking PP in the final min.  

Of course, they also blew 2-0, 3-2 leads in SCD.  

I think the current team might be more resilient, albeit less experienced.  

This team isn't yet in the same realm as the 2011 team, imo

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So if you're not a Canuck fan, what are you? Or is it just the rest of us and you're special?

I'm getting kind of tired of people who don't join in when we're winning but show up after a loss to tell us how it is. How "we" are. 

If you ain't with us you're against us. Which is what I suspect.

Hmmm, I don't even know if I should reply at this ... but, since I am just here to clarify, that is how Halford and Brough worded it in their podcast if I Recall "Canucks fans .... "

Edited by iinatcc

4 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

I agree but Petey doesn't make $11.6m.

Petey should not get paid anywhere near that anyway, she should not get paid more than JTM..    JTM is a better player than Petey all day long! 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Sorry, quoted the wrong post

Wrong.

1 minute ago, 24K said:

We would be down 2 men if we lost the challenge. Understand why. 

Down 1 man for another full 2 mins.  In that case, the goal would have counted and DJ would be out of the box 

It was the right call, imo.  That play wouldn't have been turned over 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

RT's right.....we really should've gotten something out of the first and didn't. 

They dominated that period and it's too bad that they couldn't capitalize on it.

I was saying that to my group tonight after the first. We shouldn't have been clawing as much as we did. We dominated that game.

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Hmmm, I don't even know if I should reply at this ... but, since I am just here to clarify, that is how Halford and Brough worded it in their podcast if I Recall "Canucks fans .... "

There's only 1 way to be a Canucks fan here according to some.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's cray cray delusional. Can't be listening to that "concern" ... to be fair. 😉

To be fair, I actually was concerned about the team’s performance in game 4, despite getting the desired result. 

Tonight? Not so much. Saros got some lucky breaks that we got late in game 4. 

I’m confident we’ll bounce back. Tocchet should make some adjustments though, like inserting Podkolzin in place of PDG and double-shifting Miller and Boeser, if necessary. It’s a bandaid solution, but should get us through to the next round. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, stawns said:

No, they likely won’t win the cup when you look how stacked the other teams playing in the playoffs are. There are holes in this lineup in the forward group. The depth isn’t there. I am happy to be in the playoffs but the way the other teams show up offensively is pretty alarming. We are facing one of the more mediocre teams in the playoffs and we are struggling offensively. It’s not like Nashville is one of the A teams still playing. Just have to enjoy whatever we get this year.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

30 minutes ago, 24K said:

Our problem is we play with too much integrity while the opposition loves to flop around and embellish. 

It doesn't matter, if we start to flop, refs would ignore and Nashville will still get favourable calls.

Just make the challenge!!! Damn replay team of ours is too conservative at times.

All 3 of our goalies have felt they have been interfered with on goals, yet our video team just says… play onnnnn!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

As what was said in the Halford and Brough podcast some months back. Canucks fans seem to wat to play the victim and think everything is a conspiracy. 

At the end of the day, the result of the series will rely on the Canucks' overall performance.

Yes, I agree.  If you will notice that they refuse to call anything Nashville did that deemed to be a penalty that anything Canucks did earlier in the series for similar.  They let go lots of hits that would have called against Nashville for them to stop targeting.  Joshua is one of the example where they called that but not others.  

4 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Petey is broken dude...  Why? I don't know but doesn't seem like he's built for the playoffs, and if I get flamed.for.saying this I care not, same as the Sedins, incredibly awesome regular season players but in the playoffs when things get rough and physical? 

Now we know where you are coming from.

Another 'Soft Swedes' guy.

And by the way... look at the Sedins and their playoff scoring... Henrik had 22 pts in 2011 and Daniel had 20.