[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

They've been running our tender all series; they wouldn't have overturned it citing "inconclusive" even if it was so god damn obvious Stevie W. could've made the correct call.

I wouldn't have overturned it. Evidence was weak. Should have buried the game at any one of 15 points during the game until we went down 2-1.

No one to blame here but ourselves. Got to be better at hockey plain and simple if we want to win the series.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Hmmm, I don't even know if I should reply at this ... but, since I am just here to clarify, that is how Halford and Brough worded it in their podcast if I Recall "Canucks fans .... "

"If I recall"  So something long ago that you've saved to pull out for tonight.

If you're ok with officiating you're one of the few here that is. It's ok not to be. Not a conspiracy...inconsistent as hell. 

And even the players and coach are touching on it now. So not just the fans.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Now we know where you are coming from.

Another 'Soft Swedes' guy.

And by the way... look at the Sedins and their playoff scoring... Henrik had 22 pts in 2011 and Daniel had 20.

And what did we win?  

1 minute ago, Cluminati said:

Just make the challenge!!! Damn replay team of ours is too conservative at times.

All 3 of our goalies have felt they have been interfered with on goals, yet our video team just says… play onnnnn!

I blame Blueger. If he was no where near Silvos than it was obvious push in. Him being there made it 50/50. He had clear look at the puck and had ample time to get it out if he wasn't so concentrated on taking the body. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

I wouldn't have overturned it. Evidence was weak. Should have buried the game at any one of 15 points during the game until we went down 2-1.

No one to blame here but ourselves. Got to be better at hockey plain and simple if we want to win the series.

Probably. The memo I'm sure is to not challenge it unless the guys in the room are absolutely sure, or unless it's a YOLO move because otherwise you're completely toast. RT even said it was 50/50, so.. but considering these guys struggle massively to amass two goals, maybe they should've gone for it..

• Vintage 3

Not heartbreaking but a tough loss. Thought we should have had a couple in the first the way we came out. Nashville kept grinding. Was hoping to close this out and rest the boys. I don’t think anyone played poorly just didn’t bury our chances 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, 24K said:

I blame Blueger. If he was no where near Silvos than it was obvious push in. Him being there made it 50/50. He had clear look at the puck and had ample time to get it out if he wasn't so concentrated on taking the body. 

Silovs pushed the puck in on his own anyway.  That puck was in regardless of any predator in the vicinity

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, iceman1964 said:

And what did we win?  

We lost because half the team was injured... or out of the series with suspensions.

And because Kelly Sutherland decided he didn't like Vancouver... or he liked something else better.

Just now, stawns said:

Silovs pushed the puck in on his own anyway.  That puck was in regardless of any predator in the vicinity

No he didn't.  It was clear he was pushed either by the Preds or from Blueger hitting the Pred player and the fall pushed him back. 

7 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

I think it was worth a challenge. Surprised they didn't but also understand why.

I honestly don’t understand why, predators average 1 shot on the pp so surely losing a challenge wouldn’t blow the game but again special teams seem to be the deciding factor. Tough but honestly it was worth a shot imo. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Looking at it over and over, I'd say it could have definitely been called back.  Nobody touched the preds player until after he slammed into silovs.

From that top angle, it’s coming back.

Oh well, move on to game 6.

• Vintage 2

31 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

One lineup change I’d make next game; DeGueseppe out, Podkolzin in. 

PDG was one of our better players tonight

• Huggy Bear 1

Dakota Joshua was the guy who killed us tonight with a terrible selfish penalty at the worst possible time.  Bad penalty at a bad time that turned the game around and gave Nashville life when they were in the process of losing. Little things make the difference between winning  and losing and this was the key tonight.

Having said that the team needs to learn this lesson. Kill the opposition when you get the chance.  8 hour flight back to Nashville is the penalty.  

Go win the next one and all is good.

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I honestly don’t understand why, predators average 1 shot on the pp so surely losing a challenge wouldn’t blow the game but again special teams seem to be the deciding factor. Tough but honestly it was worth a shot imo. 

Losing the challenge meant we would be down 2 men. 

If it was even strength then it would be worth it for the 50/50 challenge. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Don't we lose our timeout as well, if unsuccessful?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

We lost because half the team was injured... or out of the series with suspensions.

And because Kelly Sutherland decided he didn't like Vancouver... or he liked something else better.

Add two tougher skilled players to that roster and we'd have won that.. like this series, - Petey and add another JTM and the preds would have been headed to the golf course 

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Yes, I agree.  If you will notice that they refuse to call anything Nashville did that deemed to be a penalty that anything Canucks did earlier in the series for similar.  They let go lots of hits that would have called against Nashville for them to stop targeting.  Joshua is one of the example where they called that but not others.  

Not denying the Refs made bad calls. But I also don't think there is some corrupt conspiracy for either the Refs against the Canucks or an intent for the league to extend the series or both.

At the end of the day Refs screw up because they are only human. They should be held accountable sure (and I believe the end of each season the Refs' performances are reviewed so, in theory, they do) but I don't think there is any malicious intent either by the league and the refs.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Googlie said:

Don't we lose our timeout as well, if unsuccessful?

Forgot about this, not 100% but you may be correct. But also, I’ll trade a preds goal for a timeout any day 😅. We’ll just have to shit em down in Nashville. Haven’t lost there this series at least 😎

11 minutes ago, 24K said:

We would be down 2 men if we lost the challenge. Understand why. 

We wouldn't have been down 2 men if we lost the challenge because it would have meant the goal counted, which means Joshua would have left the box.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, iceman1964 said:

Add two tougher skilled players to that roster and we'd have won that.. like this series, - Petey and add another JTM and the preds would have been headed to the golf course 

Not getting Toffoli was probably the death kneel for Pettey's line. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I was saying that to my group tonight after the first. We shouldn't have been clawing as much as we did. We dominated that game.

Next game play horrible and we might win cuz team that plays better lost every game 🙂