[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

Just now, erkayloomeh said:

There's been something wrong with our offensive chemistry for a while now and the line blender thing isn't going to fix that.

It's the Kuzy Curse ... I tells ya

7143.vresize.350.350.medium.63.webp

12 minutes ago, 24K said:

Losing the challenge meant we would be down 2 men. 

If it was even strength then it would be worth it for the 50/50 challenge. 

I don’t think this is correct, if the goal

counts the pp is over so a man would be out of the box and another enter for the failed challenge meaning 1 man in the box aka down 1 

• Vintage 2

Just now, John.Tallhouse said:

I don’t think this is correct, if the goal

counts the pp is over so a man would be out of the box and another enter for the failed challenge meaning 1 man in the box aka down 1 

You're right. My bad. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

There was still over 1:30 left too I think, so it could have been a very long 5 on 3

Why would it have been a 5 on 3 if we lost the challenge? If we lose the challenge, the goal counts, Joshua leaves the box, and we get a penalty. It's 5 on 4 in that case.

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Looking at the Nashville tie goal... it is clear that that Nyquist hit Silovs with his skate before he was contacted by Blueger.

Should have been appealed.

Ahh well... tough to make that decision in seconds.

The decision not to challenge was good; 50/50. The real issue I was pissed at was the Dakota penalty; that was BS. Then, not to call the brutal Petey can opener or the huge Hughes trip/hold at the end was ridiculous. You either bury the whistle or not in the 3rd…they choose one direction for preds and another for Nucks. Not surprised…just disappointed.

4 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

I watched the 1977 All Star game at the Coliseum.

I was at their first ever game there, mind you I was only 3 but my dad bought season tickets that year and held them til they moved.

22 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Petey is broken dude...  Why? I don't know but doesn't seem like he's built for the playoffs, and if I get flamed.for.saying this I care not, same as the Sedins, incredibly awesome regular season players but in the playoffs when things get rough and physical? 

It’s the reffing…in the Sedins’ case - if a goalie is permitted to cross-check a player outside of his crease with the heavy equipment he wears & size of the lumber carried, then there’s something seriously wrong with the rules of the game…or the people who are chosing to misinterpret them….and when? And - what’s their incentive to do that?

Hint: follow all of the post-career league-job offerings & the money!  

5 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

When the Titanic hit the iceberg, I was there…

When they took out JFK, I was there…

You must be Alf’s older brother, he’s that old.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We dominated that game. It just wasn't meant to be tonight. 

Wasn't reason for wet blanket punctuation or dancing in the streets. 

Funny enough the key to this series is to get dominated. Looks like that is how to win games in this one. 

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

You must be Alf’s older brother, he’s that old.

When Alf was born, I was there…

When Billy the kid came to town, I was there…

One thing I learnt so far this playoffs, we need to build this team around Hughes, he’s amazing to start with and is adapting and growing every game. We can dominate the league in a couple years.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

When Alf was born, I was there…

When Billy the kid came to town, I was there…

That’s freakin’ old, guess you’ve been everywhere man.

Their 1st goal was a fluke, and I don't think it even warranted a challenge. That's just tough luck, and you gotta get over that sort of thing.

The good news is, Silovs looks awesome and gives the rest of the team no reason to not play with confidence. I'm still optomistic with game 6 coming up, and even game 7 if necessary. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 24K said:

Funny enough the key to this series is to get dominated. Looks like that is how to win games in this one. 

Double post

Edited by Dr. Crossbar

I think Blueger pushes Silovs into the net more, but Silovs was definitely not the one who pushes it in he's lying still after he sees it behind his shoulder. Stawns man your out to lunch dude! 

• Cheers 1

If this team was as physically sized as the preds, I'd like our chances at the cup this year but it's entirely possible we don't make it past this round..  first off we need to sign Zads for a few more years, doing otherwise is a big mistake. However we're handcuffed with Petey for the foreseeable future. What a mistake... 

Oh well, so at least we'll have a good entertaining seasonal team again, a cup? No way! Sad as to the that is to admit.