[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

2 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

So, yeah, 2.4 goals a game, or 29/32 in the regular season standings as a comparison. EVEN if they squeak this series out, what's going to change next series? They're not going anywhere real fast.

Edmonton ain't as physical or structurally sound defensively compared to Nashville. 

Pass them, Dallas and Vegas will be a way better version of Nashville and I guess it would be a shooting gallery with the Avs. 

We are really missing some big top 6 winger to play with Pettey. That should be the #1 priority player wise this off season. We missing that top 6 winger. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Edmonton ain't as physical or structurally sound defensively compared to Nashville. 

Pass them, Dallas and Vegas will be a way better version of Nashville and I guess it would be a shooting gallery with the Avs. 

We are really missing some big top 6 winger to play with Pettey. That should be the #1 priority player wise this off season. We missing that top 6 winger. 

Yeah.. that's a huge maybe that the offense will be considerably more threatening if we manage to squeak out a win here. I'm far from convinced anything will change, but that's why they play the games..

6 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

So, yeah, 2.4 goals a game, or 29/32 in the regular season standings as a comparison. EVEN if they squeak this series out, what's going to change next series? They're not going anywhere real fast.

Sadly that's obviously correct... Had we traded Petey for prospects or picks and signed a high end D man and a good tough center that might be different but what you said is the future for awhile... Grrrrr!  Same ole chit, different year... 

2 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

If this team was as physically sized as the preds, I'd like our chances at the cup this year but it's entirely possible we don't make it past this round..  first off we need to sign Zads for a few more years, doing otherwise is a big mistake. However we're handcuffed with Petey for the foreseeable future. What a mistake... 

Oh well, so at least we'll have a good entertaining seasonal team again, a cup? No way! Sad as to the that is to admit.

I ain't worried about Pettey next season. He did this disappearing act before and came back like a beast the next season. 

Larger issue is is this slump caused by something or are we going to deal with a Jackle and Hyde situation where Oettey gonna be good for the whole season or ass for the whole season cause that is what it looks like with his history. 

1 minute ago, Harrington81 said:

Why can't we get a coach like brindamor from the canes? He yells at the refs all the time when they make a bad call. We've to many coaches in the past that say nothing.

It's not the refs that are the biggest problem... 

1 minute ago, iceman1964 said:

It's not the refs that are the biggest problem... 

It ain't the biggest but they are a close second. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Sadly that's obviously correct... Had we traded Petey for prospects or picks and signed a high end D man and a good tough center that might be different but what you said is the future for awhile... Grrrrr!  Same ole chit, different year... 

Horseshit drafting and or player development too. A guy like Podz should definitely be playing here contributing if we're a true contender instead of sitting on the sidelines because he's useless. Three players drafted in the last 8 years playing for us this run and two of them aren't doing a damn thing.

Not to be overly negative of course, I had more confidence going on despite playing .500 since February, but that's basically eroded now.. can't ignore reality.

Edited by TortorellasRant

41 minutes ago, Devron said:

Not heartbreaking but a tough loss. Thought we should have had a couple in the first the way we came out. Nashville kept grinding. Was hoping to close this out and rest the boys. I don’t think anyone played poorly just didn’t bury our chances 

Not the end of the world. Hard fought playoff battle.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

The goalscorers have gone quiet. 

That’s not on goaltending

Yeah despite our glaring weakness in goal atm on paper, goaltending been very good. 

But that doesn't mean goaltending ain't a factor cause I think subconsciously, the team is playing way more conservatively than it did in game 1 with Demko in net. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

I ain't worried about Pettey next season. He did this disappearing act before and came back like a beast the next season. 

Larger issue is is this slump caused by something or are we going to deal with a Jackle and Hyde situation where Oettey gonna be good for the whole season or ass for the whole season cause that is what it looks like with his history. 

Just moving the goalposts. First it was just a slump, then it was concerning, then it was don't worry he will turn it on in the playoffs,  now it's don't worry he will be better next year.

He has been terrible since the second he inked his new 8 year contract. 

• Sad 1

Rick Tocchet is the problem. Turns star players into plugs, all the offence disappeared with kuzy getting traded.

Petterson is afraid to make mistakes so he doesn’t create anything anymore, throwing hits when you weigh 178. The dump it in and run an go get it is getting boring to watch or if they get pinned dump it out and change.

The love for Suter and Pdg because they do exactly that.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"If I recall"  So something long ago that you've saved to pull out for tonight.

If you're ok with officiating you're one of the few here that is. It's ok not to be. Not a conspiracy...inconsistent as hell. 

And even the players and coach are touching on it now. So not just the fans.

Don't give them your power! Not worth it. 

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Yeah despite our glaring weakness in goal atm on paper, goaltending been very good. 

But that doesn't mean goaltending ain't a factor cause I think subconsciously, the team is playing way more conservatively than it did in game 1 with Demko in net. 

Offense is the issue. Goaltending isn’t even close. You can’t have a whole second line not show up and expect to have success. Disappointing showing for that second line.

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Just moving the goalposts. First it was just a slump, then it was concerning, then it was don't worry he will turn it on in the playoffs,  now it's don't worry he will be better next year.

He was playing poorly well before that. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Don’t worry. He will be good in a few years from now. 

1 hour ago, canuck73 said:

Preds worked hard and out skated us most of the game, we had our chances, saros was very good.

Hard to generate offense when you are beaten to the puck... 

Still confident... have to find that energy.

The battle was there, Silovs was great, back and forth, Preds came out on top. We had our chances. 

Good playoff game. Next is ours!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

Horseshit drafting and or player development too. A guy like Podz should definitely be playing here contributing if we're a true contender instead of sitting on the sidelines because he's useless. Three players drafted in the last 8 years playing for us this run and two of them aren't doing a damn thing.

Agreed, Nothing new here though... Usually we just trade them away for FA's instead of building, which never got us anywhere. Been slamming that b.s. onr and done scenario for years... I thought it was over but then we just made a mistake that will set us back for another 8 years, it never ends, I've been a loyal fan since 1975 but I'm nearing the end of my rope for even having any glimmer of hope for a cup EVER...  😞

Edited by iceman1964

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I would agree but he literally did this once and came back blazing the next season. There is history there. 

For the record, I never said he would be fine in the playoffs or it was just a slump. He was playing like crap all season. I thought he would be better once the contract distraction is out of the way but clearly something else is distracting him. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

From what I hear he was clearly hit by Blueger and that Silovs pushed it in himself. 0% chance this would have been called back!

Bull! run it frame by frame, in particular, the early part..

2 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Agreed, Nothing new here though... Usually we just trade them away for FA's instead of building, which never got us anywhere. Been slamming that b.s. on and done scenario for years... I thought it was over but then we just made a mistake that will set us back for another 8 years, it never ends, I've been a loyal fan since 1975 but I'm nearing the end of my rope for even having any glimmer of hope for a cup EVER...  😞

You gotta be halfway across the universe with writing Petey off as a mistake. Embarassing. Go outside. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1