[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I think it may be an idea for Pettersson to simply do what he's always done best. Be the trigger man. His shot is awesome as well as deceptive.

I would say 649 again, and it may come to that but Brock and JT are good and we "do" need two scoring lines. Lindholm seems to be adapting

to his new team now, with Petey and a more focused Hoglander, it should work.

While I'm not a fan of loading up on one line, it might be the best option, and with Lindy, it at least gives them a decent second punch.  It also means suter has to go back to C, but if they go 649, the top 6 will get played into the ground, imo.

Boes miller petey

Joshua Lindy Garland

Higz suter Mik

Pdg Blueger Laffy

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, 24K said:

This team always have issues with teams that play stingy defense. It is the same thing with LA. Issue with that is we are not a fast team to play fast enough to break that down. 

We are in our DNA a east west team but you really need a quick north south game to break down these kind of teams and we severely lack that kind of players. 

A lot of our skill guys disappear under tight checking. Like you said it’s happened all year. The Miller line is still effective. Heck I don’t even have a problem with our 3rd and 4th lines either. They are all playing tight checking hockey.

The only line I see getting caved in over and over is Peteys line. All 3 guys don’t look great. That’s the only line we should change in my opinion. The rest are playing north/south no problem.

Injecting Podz into the line up on Peteys wing should help in that department. Hoglander has been the most engaged on that line. Sit Mik he’s been invisible.

Overall our team just needs to keep learning and turning the page. They’ve done that all year. So my hopes are still high we make it to the next round.

• Vintage 1

Players are getting in their own way.

Poor execution on the powerplay, self-inflicted penalties because they stopped moving their feet or lack of discipline, and just sloppy plays in the ozone leading to one and done plays.

This team's lack of offensive depth is getting exposed but a hungry and tenacious Predators team. They simply wanted it more.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

A lot of our skill guys disappear under tight checking. Like you said it’s happened all year. The Miller line is still effective. Heck I don’t even have a problem with our 3rd and 4th lines either. They are all playing tight checking hockey.

The only line I see getting caved in over and over is Peteys line. All 3 guys don’t look great. That’s the only line we should change in my opinion. The rest are playing north/south no problem.

Injecting Podz into the line up on Peteys wing should help in that department. Hoglander has been the most engaged on that line. Sit Mik he’s been invisible.

Overall our team just needs to keep learning and turning the page. They’ve done that all year. So my hopes are still high we make it to the next round.

Miller line is fine mostly because Miller is one of the few players we have that have a strong north south game. 3rd is fine cause Joshua can also do the same. 

Ideally Hogz is also a north south player but he is nervous as hell right now with his inexperience. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was the only call I thought was a bit sketchy, though he did cross check him.

There were at least 20-30 crosschecks in the game. So, like I said, you either call all of them, or none of them. Calling some doesn't look good on the officials, as that calls into account their impartiality. 

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

Other calls don't matter, whataboutism is a sure fire way to get yourself into penalty trouble with undisciplined play.

All calls matter. Simple as that. Any call can sway the momentum in a game and series. Using "whataboutism" here is a cop out, that conveniently deflects responsibility and accountability away from the culpable party in this instance. 

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

Miller line is fine mostly because Miller is one of the few players we have that have a strong north south game. 3rd is fine cause Joshua can also do the same. 

Ideally Hogz is also a north south player but he is nervous as hell right now with his inexperience. 

While Miller hasn't generated much offense, he has been a force out there and is doing everything he can to win. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 2

12 hours ago, Kragar said:

Yeah, and Nashville had how many more PPs? Twice as many. Including the one that led to them tying the game, when Evangelista turned into the hit?

Shots were 22-20... barely outshot.

Anyhow, being outshot doesn't bother me. It was a close game, and contrary to the other games in the series, we had a number of high percentage chances. Not much went our way today.

100% this 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There were at least 20-30 crosschecks in the game. So, like I said, you either call all of them, or none of them. Calling some doesn't look good on the officials, as that calls into account their impartiality. 

All calls matter. Simple as that. Any call can sway the momentum in a game and series. Using "whataboutism" here is a cop out, that conveniently deflects responsibility and accountability away from the culpable party in this instance. 

Well you have a good time wallowing in your whataboutism.  It looks fun

Edited by stawns
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rekker said:

I didn't check stats, seems to me the Canucks had a rough night on faceoffs?

Got owned.  ROR won the key draws. Led to the second goal. Also during Nux PP, which killed a lot of time. 

JT 30%

Lindy 37%

EP 40 %

Bleuger 100%

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

No surprises.  QH should win it.  

Preds have Josi, who is doing well in this series too.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well you have a good time wallowing in your whataboutism.  It looks fun

Why answer the question, when you can deflect away from it instead? 

6 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

Well hopefully Miller goes Kes Beast mode and ends it in Nashville.

It's been too long my nerves aren't playoff seasoned lol. I don't think I can handle a game 7 lol

Same lol and the next game I'll be able to watch will be either game 7 or in round 2 🙃

17 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Miller's line has been great. Suter's missed more than few open nets lol. 3rd line's been great too. Pettersson.. either he needs better wingers (not for management's lack of trying to get him wingers though) or hes just not there. 

I dont get Nashville's first goal. Nyquist pushed Blueger/Silovs into the net along with the puck in. Blueger/Silovs sure did not make any motion to move the puck towards our own net. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Horrible decision, in my opinion. 

Y, thought he could have played some games. He's fresh, lot of energy and size in a tight physical series.  

But if they are not going to use him, at least get him some game time now to stay sharp.  If Nux go on to next round, they will need more bodies.   Injuries are likely to happen. 

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was the only call I thought was a bit sketchy, though he did cross check him.

Other calls don't matter, whataboutism is a sure fire way to get yourself into penalty trouble with undisciplined play.

Yup, you're going to have 50/50 calls go uncalled on both teams all day long and you're going to get the occasional one called against you too. Especially at pivotal parts of the game or in obvious situations where focus is heightened. Once in awhile you get an unjust call at an inopportune time. It's part of the fabric of sport to fight through adversity like this ... same as a bad bounce, or an injury.

But yeah, if you go around thinking you're immune to penalties because some guy did the same thing 2 periods ago, you're going to get burnt badly.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why answer the question, when you can deflect away from it instead? 

Why answer questions when you can just run away with your tail tucked between your legs screaming whataboutism?