[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I doubt it, Petey might just have a tough end to the season + playoffs but he'll still be good in the long-run.

The guy I wonder about more is Hronek. And I've liked him for the most part defensively in the playoffs, but hes not perfect & not a difference maker offensively at all. 

I wouldn't be paying him much more than what Weegar got & it seems like hes demanding way higher. 

Yes he is.    His agent said he's expecting upwards of $8,000,000.00 Million.   I would not give him that if I was GM  after what I've seen of him the playoffs so far and his play without QH on his side making him look good in the regular season.  I'd say he's all but "a gonner" if he thinks he'll get that much.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

I don't watch after The Canucks are out. Spring/Summer starts when the Canucks are out

Bet you did a lot of skiing the last decade.

16 minutes ago, Rekker said:

This, the young man is uber competitive and wants to win too much to not be pissed with the way the last half of this season has unfolded. I have faith in him. 

We’ve all experienced the yips and can relate. Not sure what’s wrong, but he’s too good to not come out the other side of this. He’s not shying away too much from the physical play for me to believe he can’t handle playoff hockey. He wants to win and earn that cup more than most of us. He’s dedicated his life to this. He’ll be okay. Maybe not this year, but I hope it’s real soon.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

"Game 5 winner wins series 79% of the time"

I just saw this on DAL VGK game

Can't be when teams are up 3 - 1 like canucks were. Wonder if it's true in all situations....

Edited by WHL rocks

31 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yes he is.    His agent said he's expecting upwards of $8,000,000.00 Million.   I would not give him that if I was GM  after what I've seen of him the playoffs so far and his play without QH on his side making him look good in the regular season.  I'd say he's all but "a gonner" if he thinks he'll get that much.

Hronek can go. I’d happily take some picks/prospects and the cap space. I think he’s been the worst D this playoffs, not that he’s been horrible or anything.  

Give me another Zad all day every day over Hronek. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The team that wins the last game wins the series 100% of the time.

100% true..

I wonder if that 79% stat is a legit stat for all series even when a team is up 3 - 1 

Doesn't seem right. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Game 5 winner wins series 79% of the time.. 

That is cuz for a lot of the time the game 5 winner wins the series that night.

Dumb stat. Means nothing.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 24K said:

Hope they enjoyed their flight. 

Didn't look too happy.

I'd sure like to hear a little more confidence from the players. Tocchet never is nervous, never !!

Edited by Rip The Mesh

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

100% true..

I wonder if that 79% stat is a legit stat for all series even when a team is up 3 - 1 

Doesn't seem right. 

Well, so far 3 series are over and in each the series was over after game 5 so 100% thus far.

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

Absolutely. Mik is painfull to watch. Not sure where his goals against sits in this series, but I think Pods would bring some energy. Pods should of been playing last night. 

For all those people wanting to put Podz into the line-up (and I'm one of them) he has been sent to Abbotsford Canucks to play in their playoffs.  They start tonight for a best of 5 series with Ontario in CA (LA's farm team).  I'm guessing he will play in that series and if they loose then come back up.  Or if they win and the Vancouver Canucks also move on, then he may or may not be back - depending on injuries, wear and tear and his Abby performance...  No point penciling him into the line-up for now!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Smarten up. He was clipping at like 1.5ppg for awhile. 

I guess I just don't see what you see. I see great sometimes then not great sometimes. That's a lot of money we will be paying. I hope your right and I'm wrong. Time will tell.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Joe King said:

I guess I just don't see what you see. I see great sometimes then not great sometimes. That's a lot of money we will be paying. I hope your right and I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Can’t argue with the streaks and hope it’s just non-serious but nagging injury related and isn’t a mental/confidence issue. He’s got all the skill in the world when he’s able - it would be amazing to see it on display full time

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

More then twice the points. EP40 is only going to get better Garland is who he is

Thats alot of money we will be paying him soon. I see inconsistencies. I hope he's not our Marner. Time will tell.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Can’t argue with the streaks and hope it’s just non-serious but nagging injury related and isn’t a mental/confidence issue. He’s got all the skill in the world when he’s able - it would be amazing to see it on display full time

Don't get me wrong I'm hoping for the best for him. Just a little worried that we end up like the leafs. A few getting 50% of the cap and the rest fighting for table scraps. Then having no flexibility to make moves down the road.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

100% true..

Doesn't seem right. 

Game 5 is almost always the critical game of a series.  That said, that stat obviously leans heavily towards teams who win in 6.