[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Personal insults, classic for your group 

Does people's opinions offend you?  That seems like a you problem 

Not at all

but you calling fans with hope and positivity delusional is a problem for me

And if you take a look, there was zero insult. But you feeling insulted that I brought up your stable boy days seems to be a touchy subject.

wanna talk about it?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Johnny said:

Not at all

but you calling fans with hope and positivity delusional is a problem for me

And if you take a look, there was zero insult. But you feeling insulted that I brought up your stable boy days seems to be a touchy subject.

wanna talk about it?

I think a lot of things are problems for you 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RJCF96 said:

I have watched many playoff series over the years, every time a Canadian team plays against an American team in the playoffs, the officiating tends to favour the American team; especially if it is a Southern market team. I hate the Flames and Oilers, but noticed that when they played the Ducks in 2017, the officiating was one sided in favour of the Ducks; I am watching this through the lens of someone who at the time wanted both of those teams to lose. Same with the Leafs against their opponents. Whenever they play in the playoffs against Tampa, Boston or Florida, the opposing team always gets the favourable calls. Montreal got shafted in that series against the Rangers in 2014 when Price was just run and injured by Kreider (no disciplinary action called against Kreider who took out Montreal's best player for the rest of the series). Don't even get me started with the 2011 Finals officiating; then the 2013 first round series against the Sharks, that was an absolute joke how one sided the officials were that year. 

3 hours ago, Canuck-Oni said:

Well, that's your answer right in there.

Canadians watch even if their team is not playing.

NHL is a business, they need to sell to the weak markets.

If an American NHL cities team loses, those people stop watching the playoffs and hockey.

3 hours ago, Canuck-Oni said:

Therefore the NHL has monitary incentive to keep the American cities teams in the playoffs for as long as possible.

I get it. Everybody loves a winner and in the USA, they love and cherish their winners. That's just the truth. However I would say, that's just not right. I get that Canadians love hockey over all else, but Jeez Murphy! How is that fair to Canadian market teams when there's favouritism behind the scenes for American NHL teams. So unfair.

Bettman sucks. We need a Canadian to take his place!

3 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

I don't watch after The Canucks are out. Spring/Summer starts when the Canucks are out

3 hours ago, chris12345 said:

That's a shame there's some excellent hockey post Vancouver.

As a true Vancouver Canuck fanboy, I also lose interest in viewing other teams battling it out. But I do like to catch an elimination game or two.

If this thing goes to game 7 and any of y'all wanna meet Steamer4GM in the flesh, I'll be the guy standing outside Rogers Arena handing out flyers

Front:

Are YOU a Canucks fan who wants to help put a fast end to this EPIC season? Simply flip over and choose option A or B!

Back:

A - Start taunting SAHHHHROHHHHS before the guy has even had to stop a shot, nevermind actually let one in just to help further cement his resolve to stone us on every opportunity!

B - Start chanting REFS U SUCK with over 10 minutes remaining and the Canucks deserving of the next call to ensure the whistles are put away for good!!

The Nashville Predators and their fans thank you!

4 hours ago, RJCF96 said:

Invisible is kind of harsh. He does made subtle little plays here and there, but for a player his calibre, you would hope he would step up and dominate a game or two eventually.

Agree on both points. For someone being paid 7.35m (with an 11.6m contract in hand), he needs to have more than just subtle little plays here and there.

Canucks have been outshot 25-16 at 5 on 5 with him on the ice (and outscored 3-0), and he's not being played in a match-up role. Forget about dominating - let's try to start by trying to even this up a bit. 

Tocchet keeps saying he needs to move his feet - indeed, it's how he needs to create space for himself. He's great when he has time and space, but he's got to use his feet to create that first.

This thread has been great all day! So entertaining.

The Canucks have been proving hope and positivity all season ... PLUS ... Especially with that amazing comeback.

Despite the loss last night, we've been dominating the Preds. More reason for hope and positivity.

PLUS ... the fact that we won in Nashville with our 3rd string. 

So much reason for hope and positivity! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Agree on both points. For someone being paid 7.35m (with an 11.6m contract in hand), he needs to have more than just subtle little plays here and there.

Canucks have been outshot 25-16 at 5 on 5 with him on the ice (and outscored 3-0), and he's not being played in a match-up role. Forget about dominating - let's try to start by trying to even this up a bit. 

Tocchet keeps saying he needs to move his feet - indeed, it's how he needs to create space for himself. He's great when he has time and space, but he's got to use his feet to create that first.

His teammates not giving him a lot of help options. Mikheyev is just some random individual occupying random spaces. Hoglander finally played alright and Petey was better. Gotta get an actual winger to play with him next year though. Look at Hughes this year when he's playing with a decently capable partner. Makes a huge difference.

Edited by Gawdzukes

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

His teammates not giving him a lot of help options. Mikheyev is just some random individual occupying random spaces. Hoglander finally played alright and Petey was better. Gotta get an actual winger to play with him next year though. Look at Hughes this year when he's playing with a decently capable partner. Makes a huge difference.

fair comments about his line mates not helping, but he doesn’t look any better on the lotto or pp lines. when he’s on his game he can carry mik and hogs. he’s off right now. he’ll figure it out at some point.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The best players beat defenders one on one, and in doing so, create time and space for their linemates. What those linemates do with that time and space is up to them and their skill level. But Pettersson has not done this for his linemates on any consistent basis for a couple of months now at least.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Johnny said:

What is seriously wrong with you

do you even like hockey?
Is a win only good enough if everything is perfect?

like seriously dude take a break and go clean horse shit and let real fans cheer together and talk about how much they like their team or bond over the struggles

Get over yourself 

image.png.54a09431a2e2f04da00d1d3c3dbc3854.png

Even a how to book if instruction is needed

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

The best players beat defenders one on one, and in doing so, create time and space for their linemates. What those linemates do with that time and space is up to them and their skill level. But Pettersson has not done this for his linemates on any consistent basis for a couple of months now at least.

Regardless, he and the team would be doing a lot better in my opinion with some help on his wing. If we just keep insisting he drives offence all by himself I think we'll all be pretty disappointed in the results. I mean we could let it ride but why risk it? All players need help, even McDavid. It's a team game.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Regardless, he and the team would be doing a lot better in my opinion with some help on his wing. If we just keep insisting he drives offence all by himself I think we'll all be pretty disappointed in the results. I mean we could let it ride but why risk it? All players need help, even McDavid. It's a team game.

For some reason it looks like mik is the primary puck carrier on that line. Hes fine moving the puck into the o zone, but his decisions on how he distributes it are very puzzling.

Mik needs to go in favour of another Joshua type

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

I might get flak for this but Hronek has become an overall defensive liability for quite some time. 

You may get flak for that statement, but it won’t come from me. I agree. 

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

He doesn't contribute much anymore on either side of the ice.  His slap shot isn't accurate, nor is it easy to tip.  It's just really fast.  That's not even close to being good enough.

He’s overrated. There’s a reason Yzerman was willing to part with him. It was a gamble that paid out well in the regular season, but Hronek doesn’t seem to be a playoff performer and definitely isn’t worth $8M+ 

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Regardless, he and the team would be doing a lot better in my opinion with some help on his wing. If we just keep insisting he drives offence all by himself I think we'll all be pretty disappointed in the results. I mean we could let it ride by why risk it? All players need help, even McDavid. It's a team game.

My point is he needs to do more to help his linemates, whoever they may be. If they don't capitalize on the chances and scoring environments that he creates for them, that's a different conversation.

13 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

image.png.54a09431a2e2f04da00d1d3c3dbc3854.png

Even a how to book if instruction is needed

Why drah horse manure into this?  It's one of the most valuable things on my farm........it's the #1 thing we compost to make premium compost.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You may get flak for that statement, but it won’t come from me. I agree. 

He’s overrated. There’s a reason Yzerman was willing to part with him. It was a gamble that paid out well in the regular season, but Hronek doesn’t seem to be a playoff performer and definitely isn’t worth $8M+ 

I don't tend to focus solely on playoff performances, as guys tend to be injured.  Hronek just hasn't been great in the regular season either.  He will be paid for what he contributes over the course of 82 games, and so far I see someone who passes well on the point, shoots poorly (but often), and has poor defensive metric despite his partner (Hughes) having elite rush defense.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Johnny said:

What is seriously wrong with you

do you even like hockey?
Is a win only good enough if everything is perfect?

like seriously dude take a break and go clean horse shit and let real fans cheer together and talk about how much they like their team or bond over the struggles

Get over yourself 

This is brilliant! Like, dude, do you even lift, bro, brilliant.

It's definitely not doom and gloom. We're doing much better than expected given the obstacles we've faced in this round. We only need to win one out of two. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This thread has been great all day! So entertaining.

The Canucks have been proving hope and positivity all season ... PLUS ... Especially with that amazing comeback.

Despite the loss last night, we've been dominating the Preds. More reason for hope and positivity.

PLUS ... the fact that we won in Nashville with our 3rd string. 

So much reason for hope and positivity! 

Seriously what?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This is brilliant! Like, dude, do you even lift, bro, brilliant.

It's definitely not doom and gloom. We're doing much better than expected given the obstacles we've faced in this round. We only need to win one out of two. 

Absolutely not

i would say its maybe 60-40 in terms on who is dictating the game. But the fact theres a few players only giving 30% who should be making larger contributions and on our third goalie to top it off.

This is reason to be hopeful, theres so much more to give.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Baratheon said:

False

High danger chances was 5-1 for Van in the 3rd

Van has also lead this stat in 4 of 5 games

6 hours ago, Baratheon said:

You said that most of the 13-7 high danger chances came in the first and skewed Vans numbers. This is false.  Plain and simple.

Nothing to even debate. 

As for the rest.  You aren't the only one who watches the game.  The majority (not all) of fans, pundits and former players seem to disagree with you. (As do I) The stats are just a bit of extra confirmation.

Thanks for posting this. The stats are the extra confirmation. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny said:

For some reason it looks like mik is the primary puck carrier on that line. Hes fine moving the puck into the o zone, but his decisions on how he distributes it are very puzzling.

Mik needs to go in favour of another Joshua type

Yeah he's a good carrier of the puck but it seems like he's always trying to stumble on a breakaway (which we won't convert) as his preferred option. I rarely remember any good one two give and goes or a deke and pass combo that creates a good chance. It's all very simple straight line speed and bounces stuff. 

I agree a Joshua type would be better. Petey can use some creativity as well

4 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

My point is he needs to do more to help his linemates, whoever they may be. If they don't capitalize on the chances and scoring environments that he creates for them, that's a different conversation.

Sure. At the same time better line-mates wouldn't hurt. These 3 are all holding each other down right now.

• Upvote 1

Update from the Farm:

Baby Nux are down 3-1 with 3 mins to go in their second round best of 5 vs Ontario Reign (LA Farm Team)