[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

Absolutely not

i would say its maybe 60-40 in terms on who is dictating the game. But the fact theres a few players only giving 30% who should be making larger contributions and on our third goalie to top it off.

This is reason to be hopeful, theres so much more to give.

Agree. This is hockey, though, it's not perfect. It is reason to be hopeful because of the room we have to give. We step into that room, give it, we win. 

• Cheers 1

A lot of talk about Petey and his struggles, but one person who is driving me mad is Suter. I know we can’t expect much from him, but Miller keeps setting him up beautifully only to have chances blown. 
Management must be kicking themselves a bit that they gave up on pursuing one more top six forward by the trade deadline with the high cost on prospects, but there have been plenty of times now where I’ve thought “If Suter was Toffoli, that would have been a goal.”

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

A lot of talk about Petey and his struggles, but one person who is driving me mad is Suter. I know we can’t expect much from him, but Miller keeps setting him up beautifully only to have chances blown. 
Management must be kicking themselves a bit that they gave up on pursuing one more top six forward by the trade deadline with the high cost on prospects, but there have been plenty of times now where I’ve thought “If Suter was Toffoli, that would have been a goal.

Toffee has 2 playoff goals in 5 games with the Jets. Suter has 1 in 5 with us.  Nashville is a much better defensive team than Avs, so imo it's a wash

Oilers are now waiting for us. They were 1/5 on PP tonight, and LA was 0/1. Imagine our team having five chances to one for Preds. We haven’t had a single game where we’ve had more power plays than them.

9 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Oilers are now waiting for us. They were 1/5 on PP tonight, and LA was 0/1. Imagine our team having five chances to one for Preds. We haven’t had a single game where we’ve had more power plays than them.

They were pretty much 3/5 on the powerplay. 

2 goals were a couple of seconds after the powerplay ended.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

I don't tend to focus solely on playoff performances, as guys tend to be injured.  Hronek just hasn't been great in the regular season either.  He will be paid for what he contributes over the course of 82 games, and so far I see someone who passes well on the point, shoots poorly (but often), and has poor defensive metric despite his partner (Hughes) having elite rush defense.

Hughes carries him. It’s as simple as that. 

45 minutes ago, Slegr said:

That's because the Canucks and Kings have been chasing the puck and play a lot more than Nashville and Edmonton 

13 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Guck man..Tomorrows gonna be so stress-full..anticipation to Fri..wish we ended this shit!..Glad I picked up some weed.

Friday

6 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

You're right, and that just doesn't cut it. Is GM Worried? I bet he is. I don't know if Rick Tocchet can figure out how to get all eight cylinders rockin with Petey'

That thar is one massive contract he's got stating next year. Team needs more from him, and I don't buy stuff like (he's Oh, he's going through something; Or

He has a minor injury that; just takes time, nope! Go t a sports shrink, whatever, just get it in fourth gear please. We need you.

Yep. It's been a patern for pretty much every season since his rookie year.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Hindsight is 20/20..

Canucks were lucky to be up 3-1 going into that game. If we lose this series it won't be because of Tocchet.

Time to move on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

And if the Canucks had scored a goal or two in the first, no one would even be talking about it. The lack of finish is a much bigger issue than a missed coach's challenge imo.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Hindsight is 20/20..

Canucks were lucky to be up 3-1 going into that game. If we lose this series it won't be because of Tocchet.

Time to move on.

You say it's not because of Tock-it but I've been reading a lot of chatter of how he overplayed Demko to the point of causing fatigue leading up to his injury and underplayed D-Smith leaving him full of rust - due to not getting enough games in - during the regular season.  All this, after Tock-it said that would not happen at the beginning of the season.   

Ditto for QH who he's overplayed all year and EP40 who is undoubtedly been playing with some form of injury for the last 3 months.     In many of those same peoples books that are questioning him, that would qualify as poor coaching and we won't even talk about whether he should have challenged that goal by Nashville last night, that 75% of viewers in a poll on the Donnie & Dhali show said he should have done!    Interesting hearing all that background chatter.........whether wrong or right.  Many are questioning him!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Fact:   

Canucks have the 2nd fewest shots on goal after 5 games in the entire history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs dating back to 1893 !

That says it all.   Our offense has almost completely dried up and that's why we're barely hanging on.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

Hindsight is 20/20..

Time to move on.

It will be because of our soon to be overpaid 11.6 million pylon who decided to disappear when it matters

• Upvote 1