[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The name calling of fans who don't think we're doomed just screamed at me.

He deserves much less than the respect you have shown him

Edited by Johnny

29 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm pretty excited to be going to the watch party tomorrow. It's likely as close as I'll get to the playoffs (my tickets with a friend fell through). 

We have the upper hand here, some don't realize that. 

They have to have won 3 games in a row to win. We just need a win. And I'm hoping it's tomorrow because listen for a cowbell ringing through the streets of Vancouver.

Oilers are pretty high and mighty right now and their top scorers are....scoring. But I don't know that they should be awarded the cup just yet. We've seen both sides of them.

Will you be posting here from the watch party?

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Decided to wander over to the Oiler fan side of the fence and found this gem about 15 seconds into my journey. The comments section was particularly entertaining with posters coming down on both sides of the debate.

Well, back to work now. 

image.png.e5ec3646662aa00c7ef3161d45390799.png

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

Hope EP finds his jam next game to boost his confidence.  We need him firing on all cylinders if Canucks want to get past Oilers high octane offence.

12 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I wouldn't replace Suter with Pete anylitics have shown that the Lotto line isn't more effective. Pete in Lindholm spot doesn't make much sense either. So to all who are whining Pete has no line mates. We should re jig the whole team so Pete has some wingers is back asswards thinking. 

The reality is Pete is playing like hot garbage right now. If he made the team better in the top 6 he would be in the top 6. He's still out on every PP for 1.5m with Huggy Miller et all swimming around on his belly. 

whining? get lost. Its just a reality of who he has to work with. 

15 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Decided to wander over to the Oiler fan side of the fence and found this gem about 15 seconds into my journey. The comments section was particularly entertaining with posters coming down on both sides of the debate.

Well, back to work now. 

Seriously, this needs to go up in the Canucks dressing room.  Light a fire under the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, back to work now. 

I guess this guy, when referencing that Hughes and Pettersson being small for playoff hockey, forgets that the Canucks have Zadorov, Myers, Joshua, Soucy, and Cole. I could see Zadorov lining McDouchenozzle up and taking him out of the series. 

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I guess this guy, when referencing that Hughes and Pettersson being small for playoff hockey, forgets that the Canucks have Zadorov, Myers, Joshua, Soucy, and Cole. I could see Zadorov lining McDouchenozzle up and taking him out of the series. 

McCrybabys acting would be on full display, mostly showing his ability to cry on command

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, back to work now. 

That is a lot of opinion based on no observation.

We have been a very solid defensive team and have been most of the year.

Outside of our first pairing we have a huge D that clogs up the middle.

Their open defensive system and the fact that we have matched up well against them is a recipe to wake EP up.

The only real major concern here is the special teams which they didn't even mention.  Our PK has been great since Lindholm got back but woof the PP has been atrocious and has been killing the momentum in games.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

I don't care what a hindsight poll of biased fans says lol.

It was a greasy goal. Nashville goes to the gritty areas and gets gritty goals. 

Canucks try to make pretty passing plays.

It's evident that the Canucks are a more talented team but they need to bear down and play dirty playoff hockey.

If the Canucks scored that goal and Nashville challenged it they would lose their shit if it got called back and we would all bitch how the league is against us.

If tocchet loses the challenge and Nashville scores another goal on the powerplay and we lost 3-1. Then Tocchet will get ripped there as well.

It's a lose-lose situation.

Move on, without Tocchet we don't make the playoffs so your assessment is pretty weak.

He should have a his own utube channel.

Weak hockey assessments 101.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Id love to see someone level that guy with a good clean hit.  When i think of all the stars of the past 30 years this guy seems to be immune from being a target the most.  Even Sidney Crosby has been flattened.  I know the guy is fast but he should be pounded like the Preds were going after Hughes in game 3 and 4. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Is there a reason people are so sure Petey has an injury?

he doesnt look injured at all to me

he fumbles his zone entries horribly (overhandling the puck)

hes weak on his skates, falling down more than before

he doesnt shoot

what injury causes all of that?

he had a great summer of training leading into 2022-2023

it looks more to me like he didn't do the same leading into 2023-2024

This is exactly how he played when he had a lingering wrist injury.

I know why is he falling all the time if a wrist injury?  I think it is up to a few things, he is tall, skinny and skates on his toes, also it seems to take his head out of the game.

That being said last game he was physically engaged, skating hard and laid a few hits, he has not been shooting though and Mik and Hogs are both so snake bitten there is little chance for assists.  

He needs to keep his head in game and work through whatever it is going on.  A 2 line team is easy for a good playoff team to shutdown, we need 3 lines that are scoring threats and currently we only have 2.

27 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

whining? get lost. Its just a reality of who he has to work with. 

Do you think Brock scores 30 with Pete as his C? We literally hung a free sign on Brock and Garland last year. The reality is he isn't making the people around him better. Miller Suter and Brock are getting it done. So are Dak Lindy Garland. Pete has the wingers he deserves. Until his play indicates that he deserves better than a 24goal scorer and a 4.75m winger he should eat his wheaties. 

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I saved this because I think you get stuck on an idea and it has to be proven right, even when it's revealed to be wrong. So a lot of delusion in posting that somehow this team is getting dominated throughout...it's just part of trying to support your stance but it doesn't make it so.

Going at fans here like we're delusional because we see something maybe you don't isn't really a solid argument. I see a lot of gaslighting and it's inappropriate.

Also...experience. You've brought your own into play but these are NHL players. They're not you, they're here IN the NHL. If experience was everything you would be too. They are capable of much more than you and I.

A lot of other things come into play beyond experience and you give this team no credit for them because "you" never expected them to do much. Chemistry matters. Resilience. Desire/determination. The fact that this team has been slammed for so long and seemingly has had enough.

Waiting for them to be knocked out to say "told you so" hardly seems fun to some of us. People don't have to ignore these comments....we're not delusional we're realistic. This team very well could outperform "your" assessment of them. Because your experience doesn't apply to them nor does it make you any clearer on what will play out. It's all up in the air until it isn't.

So tired of this know it all stuff that puts everyone else down because it's not "honest" conversation. Horse crap.

This series has been closely matched but neither team has dominated throughout...and when the Canucks have taken charge, it's been noticeable. The Preds play a desperate game that involves whining at the refs, diving and some dirty play. Blocking shots only took them so far and wasn't a sustainable game plan. They don't seem as confident in themselves as you do in them.

Amazing post.  You nailed it on the head.  I've never come across a poster like him.  So stuck on his ideas, and the worst part is when he speaks like his opinions are fact then even ignores facts when they're hitting him in his face.  The ironic thing is he has been proven to be wrong SO many times. 

Gotta hand it to him though.  He is playing the odds pretty well.  31 teams will not win the Cup this year.  That's 96.875% of the teams.  15 of the 16 playoff teams won't win it either... 93.75%.  Then we'll hear "told you so", and "I was right all along".  Just further feeds into the know it all attitude and outright arrogance and narcissism. 

Don't even get me started on the cringe worthy 43 years of amateur hockey experience so he is therefore more knowledgeable than the rest of us attitude.

Anyways, I've put out several olive branches with him over the years, and even humoured him several times... nothing reciprocated, so I've given up on him.  Just a grumpy old man that is set on his ways with his head in the sand.

48 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, back to work now. 

Just saw this on my Facebook feed.  In fairness, when you look in the comments, a LOT of Oilers fans don't want to face the Canucks.  Apparently they've owned Nashville this season, and the fact Vancouver owned them doesn't sit well with them.  Some Oilers fans also pointed out the post forgot to mention Lindholm as the 3C.  Some also don't like the idea of facing JT Miller.  Others worry Petey might wake up.  Overall, it actually sounds more like more Oilers fans prefer Nashville over Vancouver.

I'd still post this up in the Canucks dressing room anyways though haha

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Do you think Brock scores 30 with Pete as his C? We literally hung a free sign on Brock and Garland last year. The reality is he isn't making the people around him better. Miller Suter and Brock are getting it done. So are Dak Lindy Garland. Pete has the wingers he deserves. Until his play indicates that he deserves better than a 24goal scorer and a 4.75m winger he should eat his wheaties. 

sure why not? 

"the wingers he deserves". Jesus. There's such a weird vein of spite in some people in this fanbase. 

I had hoped to see Podz in the lineup for game 6 but they sent him down to help the baby Canucks in the playoffs!!! WTF, we couldn't use some playoff help about now??? Again WTF!!

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, back to work now. 

I notice it’s such a common thing for other teams fans to see the Canucks have a lot of offensive talent and automatically assume that’s means the Canucks are an offensive top heavy ultra finesse team which is stupid because that’s just based on pure assumption and nothing else. The Canucks have the best third line in the league and a big heavy very solid defensive core, as well as Tocchet always preaches responsibile defence. It’s ridiculous how these people just google the roster and stats and base their opinions off that. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Just saw this on my Facebook feed.  In fairness, when you look in the comments, a LOT of Oilers fans don't want to face the Canucks.  Apparently they've owned Nashville this season, and the fact Vancouver owned them doesn't sit well with them.  Some Oilers fans also pointed out the post forgot to mention Lindholm as the 3C.  Some also don't like the idea of facing JT Miller.  Others worry Petey might wake up.  Overall, it actually sounds more like more Oilers fans prefer Nashville over Vancouver.

I'd still post this up in the Canucks dressing room anyways though haha

Oilers fans should be afraid, very afraid, rocking back and forth in a straightjacket, quaking in their boots, shivering in fear and self-doubt at the thought of facing us.

But ... first things first ...

We need to get past the Preds. Take care of business!

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeppppppp.... that guy doesn't know his rival's team. I think, ironically, the Oilers would be the best team to have in the second round.

• Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Amazing post.  You nailed it on the head.  I've never come across a poster like him.  So stuck on his ideas, and the worst part is when he speaks like his opinions are fact then even ignores facts when they're hitting him in his face.  The ironic thing is he has been proven to be wrong SO many times. 

Gotta hand it to him though.  He is playing the odds pretty well.  31 teams will not win the Cup this year.  That's 96.875% of the teams.  15 of the 16 playoff teams won't win it either... 93.75%.  Then we'll hear "told you so", and "I was right all along".  Just further feeds into the know it all attitude and outright arrogance and narcissism. 

Don't even get me started on the cringe worthy 43 years of amateur hockey experience so he is therefore more knowledgeable than the rest of us attitude.

Anyways, I've put out several olive branches with him over the years, and even humoured him several times... nothing reciprocated, so I've given up on him.  Just a grumpy old man that is set on his ways with his head in the sand.

Lol came in late but pretty sure I know who were talking about. 

Apparently we're a wild card team and will come back down to earth

(we are actually division champs) 

Apparently Edmonton will overtake us

(sorry did I mention we are the division champs? Last I checked, Edmonton is in our division.. What happened to EDM then? Oh right, we swept them) 

Apparently Edmonton is not the same Edmonton team we faced the first 3 games. 4th game will be different? 

(Ok sure, we'll beat them with our backup goalie. Actually we did that more than once lol) 

What a loser. 

He really should go join the Oilers forum and enter in Mcdavid's jockstrap sweepstakes. 

At this point, he is not a fan of the team. Forget cheering for the team to have success, he's stopped that long time ago and instead fixated on being correct (except he's hardly ever correct) 

What a baffoon. Missed the enjoyment of the ride this year because he couldn't get past trying to prove he's not an idiot. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, PureQuickness said:

Yeppppppp.... that guy doesn't know his rival's team. I think, ironically, the Oilers would be the best team to have in the second round.

Nurse, Ekhom and Deharnais don't match up very well against the larger and more aggressive Canucks defense. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well, back to work now. 

This guy lost all credibility saying we are a high flying offensive team. 

This team cream and butter is system defense. Heck we are arguably one of the worst offensive team these playoffs. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Or Myers hammering him, like he hammered Keith.... I would defo fancy our chances against Oilers, although I do expect them dive all over the place... they've done it all season.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Or Myers hammering him, like he hammered Keith.... I would defo fancy our chances against Oilers, although I do expect them dive all over the place... they've done it all season.

There has been an embarrassing amount of diving already in the playoffs. Sad that players have to resort to acting to get an advantage.

• Like 2