[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There has been an embarrassing amount of diving already in the playoffs. Sad that players have to resort to acting to get an advantage.

Sad that re NHL hasn't clamped down on embellishment more... It stops it instantly... 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Suter has great line mates. Petey has a broken Mik and Hogs whos just learning what playoffs are like.

Does Petey need to score? Yes, if he doesn't I don't know that we win the series, but it would be nice if he had one high quality linemate.

Yepp, Agreed...Only if Podz could do a magic trick and get in the line-up cause clearly Mik and Hogz can do no wrong!

Just now, Canuck You said:

Yepp, Agreed...Only if Podz could do a magic trick and get in the line-up cause clearly Mik and Hogz can do no wrong!

don't get me wrong, I think they are both trying hard. Hogs is just inexperienced, and Mik is on one leg again. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There has been an embarrassing amount of diving already in the playoffs. Sad that players have to resort to acting to get an advantage.

Rumor has it the Preds have signed to a PTO Greg Louganis.  He might be north of 60 years old but nobody dived better than him.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Decided to wander over to the Oiler fan side of the fence and found this gem about 15 seconds into my journey. The comments section was particularly entertaining with posters coming down on both sides of the debate.

Well, back to work now. 

image.png.e5ec3646662aa00c7ef3161d45390799.png

Lol ... that post is hilarious. The fact that we've beaten them all season and he says it doesn't matter is just being ignorant and wanting to be right.

And then he says it doesn't matter again, as if wanting, wishing, hoping beyond all hope that it really doesn't matter when deep down he knows it does matter. 

Signs of being scared. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Sad that re NHL hasn't clamped down on embellishment more... It stops it instantly... 

At least embellishment hasn't sunk to the depths of that Euro sport they try to call "football".    I couldn't watch that sissy sport if you gave me a Million $'s !

• Haha 1

My vacation is over so it's time to get serious. I'm back to watching my Nucks and look forward to Friday with optimism and some nervousness. From the dribs and drabs I've seen so far, it appears the Nucks can't break free of Smashville's punishment, or when they do, they are not burying their chances. On the contrary, Nashville's odd man rushes seem to enter the net. I like our chances but I'm sure the team sorely misses Demko.

GCG

8 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... that post is hilarious. The fact that we've beaten them all season and he says it doesn't matter is just being ignorant and wanting to be right.

And then he says it doesn't matter again, as if wanting, wishing, hoping beyond all hope that it really doesn't matter when deep down he knows it does matter. 

Signs of being scared. 

There's a reason why Alberta is a place of last hope for those that "can't make it" or "fit in" anywhere else in the entire country!

I rest my case!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Just saw this on my Facebook feed.  In fairness, when you look in the comments, a LOT of Oilers fans don't want to face the Canucks.  Apparently they've owned Nashville this season, and the fact Vancouver owned them doesn't sit well with them.  Some Oilers fans also pointed out the post forgot to mention Lindholm as the 3C.  Some also don't like the idea of facing JT Miller.  Others worry Petey might wake up.  Overall, it actually sounds more like more Oilers fans prefer Nashville over Vancouver.

I'd still post this up in the Canucks dressing room anyways though haha

Canucks would sweep them in 4 easily!  They have zero defence and a flaky goalie.   They might even ask for mercy after the 3rd trouncing.   

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Saw a post on Reddit in the Preds sub-reddit that the Canucks are letting people buy tickets for a potential Round 2 today. They are hoping their team will use it as fuel to beat us. Why would we give them that ammunition? What a tone deaf thing to do all to chase ticket sales for something that may not even HAPPEN!

Win FIRST then sell tickets when it's a sure thing. I really hope the boys can bring it home Friday and book their ticket to the next round but man, we are not doing ourselves any favors.

Go Canucks Go!

16 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Can’t argue with the streaks and hope it’s just non-serious but nagging injury related and isn’t a mental/confidence issue. He’s got all the skill in the world when he’s able - it would be amazing to see it on display full time

The streaky aspect of his game seems mental/psychological to me. It's happening too frequently as a pattern.

I think he'll figure the mental part out with age and experience. 

In some ways, it was easier for him to stand out and make a bigger impact when the team wasn't as good. Now that we're a top team, he may be struggling to find his place among better, stronger players who are elevating their game. If so, that's something that will get figured out. It's just a matter of when.

3 minutes ago, RichterBelmont said:

Saw a post on Reddit in the Preds sub-reddit that the Canucks are letting people buy tickets for a potential Round 2 today. They are hoping their team will use it as fuel to beat us. Why would we give them that ammunition? What a tone deaf thing to do all to chase ticket sales for something that may not even HAPPEN!

Win FIRST then sell tickets when it's a sure thing. I really hope the boys can bring it home Friday and book their ticket to the next round but man, we are not doing ourselves any favors.

Go Canucks Go!

Every team does this when they are a game away. 

41 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I didn't see it live but man when I saw the replay where Zadorov got called for the cross check on Forsberg. He shouldn't get another call next game is how I see it, but it doesn't look like the game is managed that way.

Tocc has been pretty open with embellishment so our guys have probably been told to not do it, but I feel like it's becoming a disadvantage for us. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Important to remember all of the pressure is on Nashville canucks need to play their game.  Sensing we will get a 3rd line goal or two to spark the team.

The pressure on Nashville in game 5 was about as intense as you can possibly get, and they pulled it off.

I'd say the pressure is pretty even for both teams.

32 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

At least embellishment hasn't sunk to the depths of that Euro sport they try to call "football".    I couldn't watch that sissy sport if you gave me a Million $'s !

Football players are an embarrassment... I can't stand diving, whether its by opposition or by my own teams players...

I've been standing the terraces booing United players at Old Trafford, if they dived... Ashley Young was bad at it for a time being, and even Rooney did it... Lately it has been Fernandes and I struggle to watch them because of it... Unfortunately it has now become the norm, and almost as if you beat them, join them attitude... Hate it with a passion.

If the NHL doesn't step up to the plate, it is just going to get worse... Remember in 2011, how much diving the Bruins did (yeah I know Kessler and Burrows were not angels neither)...

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 10:12 PM, Cromeslab said:

They had their chances, didn’t capitalize 

You nailed it. Pretty simple. We need to finish and make good on opportunities.

Crowd the net, make it harder for Saros.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Wing said:

I didn't see it live but man when I saw the replay where Zadorov got called for the cross check on Forsberg. He shouldn't get another call next game is how I see it, but it doesn't look like the game is managed that way.

Tocc has been pretty open with embellishment so our guys have probably been told to not do it, but I feel like it's becoming a disadvantage for us. 

Yes and it a disgrace, because its so obvious.

10 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

The pressure on Nashville in game 5 was about as intense as you can possibly get, and they pulled it off.

I'd say the pressure is pretty even for both teams.

Nashville hasn't won 2 in a row so far.  They have to win 2 games, while the Canucks only

need one.  I like the Nucks chances better; but clearly losing Demko had affected their

overall game.