[PGT] Nashville at Vancouver - Game 5

14 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

As what was said in the Halford and Brough podcast some months back. Canucks fans seem to wat to play the victim and think everything is a conspiracy. 

So if you're not a Canuck fan, what are you? Or is it just the rest of us and you're special?

I'm getting kind of tired of people who don't join in when we're winning but show up after a loss to tell us how it is. How "we" are. 

If you ain't with us you're against us. Which is what I suspect.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Me too, Tommy !!!

From what I hear he was clearly hit by Blueger and that Silovs pushed it in himself. 0% chance this would have been called back!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Me too, Tommy !!!

From that angle, you have to challenge it.

He gets knocked over after he pushes our goalie with his stick.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, 24K said:

He is looking like a clown now with all that I want to play on a winning team while he is playing like crap.

Now to be fair, his line mates are probably playing worse. This is where not getting Toffoli really hurt us. 

EP40 looks like he needs to be on medication for depression. Seriously, there is something very wrong with him emotionally or physically.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Omg, the self centeredness is something else ... it's absolutely hilarious. What a sheltered little world these people have built for themselves when every little thing like a sport result is a massive conspiracy against poor little me. 😂:frantic:😅 They and the Canucks are no where near as important on the global scale as they think. 

I mean they said more but you can find their Podcast in Spotify if you are interested. I think it was the episode after that Minny game 😁

29 minutes ago, farinush said:

-There is no universe where the penalties were 4-2

-Saros and Silovs both played fantastic

-Petey needs to show up. When you get paid $11.6 million you don’t get paid for the attempt, you get paid for results 

- It felt like O’Reilly didn’t lose a single faceoff. That was huge for the Preds

Lindholm was 75% at the face-off dot last game,…what were his stats like tonight? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

So if you're not a Canuck fan, what are you? Or is it just the rest of us and you're special?

I'm getting kind of tired of people who don't join in when we're winning but show up after a loss to tell us how it is. How "we" are. 

If you ain't with us you're against us. Which is what I suspect.

Don't fall for their bait! They don't deserve your response.

• Cheers 1

Anyway the good news is we have two games to win it.

The way Silovs is playing, we have excellent goaltending.

Defense is also playing well and limiting chances.

Problem is the offense, and the lack of chemistry on the top six except between Miller and Boeser.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... wet blankets trying!

shaq-laugh.gif

No kidding. We play like shit for most of last game and still won somehow and that’s okay, but when we lose whilst playing better and they’re ready to jump off the Lions Gate bridge.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Me too, Tommy !!!

Looking at it over and over, I'd say it could have definitely been called back.  Nobody touched the preds player until after he slammed into silovs.

• Like 1
  • Tank 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, farinush said:

-Petey needs to show up. When you get paid $11.6 million you don’t get paid for the attempt, you get paid for results 

- It felt like O’Reilly didn’t lose a single faceoff. That was huge for the Preds

I agree but Petey doesn't make $11.6m.

Just now, TortorellasRant said:

It really doesn't matter how rock solid they are defensively, and they are, when two goals a game looks like an absolute pipe dream at this point.

Unless you are the 2012 LA Kings 🤔

Kypreos and all the hacks at Sports Net are so busy playing the cheerleaders for the center of the universe TO fans that it is hard not to gag.

Still, I am hoping the Laffs improbably eliminate the Bruins... or at least beat them up.

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

No kidding. We play like shit for most of last game and still won somehow and that’s okay, but when we lose whilst playing better and they’re ready to jump off the Lions Gate bridge.

It's cray cray delusional. Can't be listening to that "concern" ... to be fair. 😉

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I have been calling for that lineup for so long! Need to get EP going and the Lindholm can shut down their one line, completely freeing up the Garland line

I've been calling for that line-up since game 2.   They didn't adjust and they got shellacked in Nashville.  Give them a different look then they will not know what to do.  

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

Tocchet when asked about Petey line:

”They were fine” with exasperation in his voice 

You can tell he’s running out of patience with that line 

He’s really saying they are not fine but it’s a little late now. He most likely knows who he can rely on right now and that line has been dog water. Put Podz in.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was a team who had been through multiple playoffs together.......the core anyway.  Fridays game is an absolute must win

Actually, despite their stellar season, that team was not mentally tough.  They also blew 3-0 lead on hawks. Blew a third period lead in game 7 third period, while oo a fucking PP in the final min.  

Of course, they also blew 2-0, 3-2 leads in SCD.  

I think the current team might be more resilient, albeit less experienced.  

Edited by Jaimito

32 minutes ago, farinush said:

Petey is broken dude...  Why? I don't know but doesn't seem like he's built for the playoffs, and if I get flamed.for.saying this I care not, same as the Sedins, incredibly awesome regular season players but in the playoffs when things get rough and physical? 

19 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

One lineup change I’d make next game; DeGueseppe out, Podkolzin in. 

I concur. Also, DK needs to be smarter than he was tonight. Love him, but that penalty was stupid.