Round 2 - New York Rangers (M1) vs Carolina Hurricanes (M2)

Guess the series outcomes!  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins in How Many Games?

• New York in 4
    • New York in 5
    • New York in 6
    • New York in 7
    • Carolina in 4
    • Carolina in 5
    • Carolina in 6
    • Carolina in 7
  2. 2. BONUS: Will the Rangers score 6 or more goals in a game this series?

32 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Carolina leads the league in meaningless shots on goal. Just haven’t seen the threat especially in this second period. Rangers had three times the good chances. But then I could just be imagining this.

Carolina can look so good, and then so average. It's a weird team, like something is missing, but I can't put my finger on it. Missing some emotion maybe.

9 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Carolina can look so good, and then so average. It's a weird team, like something is missing, but I can't put my finger on it. Missing some emotion maybe.

I feel like Brind’Amour has that team so precisely tuned for the majority of the regular season that there seems to be no extra gear when it comes to the playoffs. The Rangers are an example of team that is just do dialed in right now, they rarely land a false step and have been able to rise to the challenge consistently.

Watch the Canes tie it up now!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

I feel like Brind’Amour has that team so precisely tuned for the majority of the regular season that there seems to be no extra gear when it comes to the playoffs. The Rangers are an example of team that is just do dialed in right now, they rarely land a false step and have been able to rise to the challenge consistently.

Watch the Canes tie it up now!

Bingo. Lol

Shesterkin is too much to overcome right now when he has a really solid and elite team in front of him.  It's gonna take a LOT to knock off the Rangers.

Just now, Rekker said:

It's too easy so far for the Rags. Gross.

They probably ain't gonna get a challenge until they meet the Panthers in the ECF or Avs/Dallas in the SCF.

They will steam roll Bruins and Oilers if those two get that far.

Really not sure how we would fair against them.

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

They probably ain't gonna get a challenge until they meet the Panthers in the ECF or Avs/Dallas in the SCF.

I really haven't been impressed with the challenge the Caps or Canes have thrown at them. Canucks would push them harder for sure. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Rangers are exceeding expectations I think. Living a bit of a charmed life. Like all teams that are left at this point, they’re gettable. Shesterkin has never been a “lock” in my mind and has been prone to episodes of basic brain farts. 
What is truly to their advantage at this point is brevity of their series. Everybody else will spend the next couple of weeks carving each other up, and the Rangers will be home and cooled out, nursing their owchies. 

Edited by Zimmyparttwo
  • Upvote 1

i've said it canes are waiting to see how brindamour does this playoff before trying to extend him.. if he goes out 0-4 against the rangers.. he'll be a combine 5-20 in the rounds they were eliminated in.. 3 of those wins came from 1 series lol. good regular season coach.. 5 playoff series win in 5 years.. not exactly impressive who they beaten lol.. predators, islanders x2, devils and bruins.. he simply doesn't have what it takes to get over the hump.. 

3 hours ago, 24K said:

It's only the regular season, but we held our own against them this year.

We clobbered them in NY, and the Rangers needed the refs to help them beat us in OT here.

Be interesting to see how they handle the long flights too. 

In any case, hopefully the Bruins/Panthers put up a better fight. This is getting boring with them skating through like it's no big deal.