[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I think it would be a shame if he didn't. For those same reasons. Pod led all FWDS in hits per 60 If I'm mistaken I'm close. 

We aren't going to win this series out grinding these guys. That's Nash game they have elite grinders up and down their lineup. A parade to the box won't do the trick either. 

Do you play Pod with Pete? 

image.thumb.png.b0e7945dd8d2d38ad375a1d28f15cdd4.png

Right now PDG's line is our 3rd line they haven't been on the ice for a single goal against while combining for more mins than Pete's trio. Do we swap Mikheyev for Pod? 

My friend, nice analysis. Allow me to get you a gig at TSN Sportsnet you’d do better ;). 

Having said that,……

YOU GOT me on Mik, what to do. First mistake this management has made on this signing. 

Overall this New Regime has been fantastic.

Edited by The Aquaman

17 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I realize I’m ‘pushing’ Podz. 

I’m putting it forward because this is the 3rd ‘team’/iteration since the 80’s I’ve seen that has a ‘chance’. 

He had four shots on goal last night for Abby so he's doin something pretty good.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t know who I want too win here….Bruins or Leafs. 

I have more dislike to the Leafs though, lots of good friends of mine are cocky arrogant Leaf fans. 

I live in Alberta, all of the people in my life are either Leaf, Oiler ,Flames fans. It’s terrible….

Edited by The Aquaman

3 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

I don’t know who I want too win here….Bruins or Leafs. 

I have more dislike to the Leafs though, lots of good friends of mine are cocky arrogant Leaf fans. 

I live in Alberta, all of the people in my life are either Leaf, Oiler ,Flames fans. It’s terrible….

if the Leafs win it’ll give you an extra couple days to decide.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

if the Leafs win it’ll give you an extra couple days to decide.

Sometimes I get impatient buds. To who’s misery do I get the most satisfaction from?

I’m Grinching here.

10 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

WHY! Dang it jinx 

Have a good time bro 😉 😎❤️

Yeah, if I had that much power, we'll be winning the cup every yr. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Aquaman said:

Well imagine Canucks lose this series, he will be the poster boy for failure. It will be tough for EP to come back to Vancouver and all the questions in September. Lol

I was listening to NHL radio today and the talking heads were torching a player for a total failure to produce anything during the playoffs. 

The were saying that this player got the big contract and everything that he wanted and was letting his team down.

Without knowing who they were talking about, I guessed it was Petey. 

It’s a sad state of affairs that I guessed it was EP, because I like him and want him to succeed.

In fact they were talking about PLD of the Kings.

C’mon Petey! Don’t be like PLD.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I was listening to NHL radio today and the talking heads were torching a player for a total failure to produce anything during the playoffs. 

The were saying that this player got the big contract and everything that he wanted and was letting his team down.

Without knowing who they were talking about, I guessed it was Petey. 

It’s a sad state of affairs that I guessed it was EP, because I like him and want him to succeed.

In fact they were talking about PLD of the Kings.

C’mon Petey! Don’t be like PLD.

Dubois had 16 goals and 40 points in the regular season compared to Petey's 34 goals and 89 points.

He also played on the Kings number 1 line for a large part of the season... with the best players on the team.

For the first 20 games, when he had 30 points and the NHL lead in points, Pettersson was on fire... when Kuzmenko was yanked from his line... after that with the exception of the approx. 1 week when the Lotto line was re-united, and when he again set the league on fire and won Player of the week, Petey has played with nothing but 3rd and 4th liners.

He is still playing in the playoffs with a 3rd liner, (Hoglander) and a 4th liner.  (Mikheyev)

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Man Idk guys, idk of its just cause it's been so long but I'm almost banking on them losing. They just haven't been good enough and I'm worried that last win will have Nashville coming out hard and fast. Someone talk me down and explain how the boys will win please haha 

image.thumb.png.654b63b60be4a72ce453dfa35d52b1d9.png

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!! Would love to see a Canucks vs Leafs final ... Buttman's head would absolutely explode if such a thing occurred despite his best efforts to keep the cup in Vegas or at the very least south of the border.

Listening to the TO broadcast on the radio, wife commandeered big screen so at my computer working away. TO announcers losing their SHITE!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Dubois had 16 goals and 40 points in the regular season compared to Petey's 34 goals and 89 points.

He also played on the Kings number 1 line for a large part of the season... with the best players on the team.

For the first 20 games, when he had 30 points and the NHL lead in points, Pettersson was on fire... when Kuzmenko was yanked from his line... after that with the exception of the approx. 1 week when the Lotto line was re-united, and when he again set the league on fire and won Player of the week, Petey has played with nothing but 3rd and 4th liners.

He is still playing in the playoffs with a 3rd liner, (Hoglander) and a 4th liner.  (Mikheyev)

Good points all. However EP is not doing much on the power play either. Receives the puck and hesitates. It’s maddening. We all want the old Petey back. 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Good points all. However EP is not doing much on the power play either. Receives the puck and hesitates. It’s maddening. We all want the old Petey back. 

Some players just don’t live up to their hype, Petey did, I want good Petey back, I’m tired of bad Petey.

• Huggy Bear 2

52 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

My friend, nice analysis. Allow me to get you a gig at TSN Sportsnet you’d do better ;). 

Having said that,……

YOU GOT me on Mik, what to do. First mistake this management has made on this signing. 

Overall this New Regime has been fantastic.

I mean yes they have done some things I thought were impossible during the previous regime. Big Zaddy for a song, Pearson for De Smith. side step Beauvillier, Dickinson. 

We will see how negotiations with Hronek go? Bo is leading NYI fwds in ice time and ASP looks like a stud RHD. Hopefully Pete comes through big on his contract too.