[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

44 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This is where his experience has paid off. We got him with his playoff experience in mind.

Yup, he showed up after lots of people wanted him rested. I had a feeling he'd be gold for us and he's been been very good. 

Defence as a whole has been terrific, need a big game from our forward group.

• Cheers 2

Biggest game of the year for sure, win and we continue, lose and we go back to Vancouver shaky where we've lost 2 in a row now.

The games are opening up a tiny bit, I think this bodes well for us. Special teams will probably decide it again.

3-2 Canucks in OT

Well I started with the playoff goat and jersey game one.

Win yay!

Game 2: Loss

Prior to game 3 I shave the goat. Don't wear a jersey. 

Win yay!

Game 4, no jersey, no goat. Win!

Ok so clean shaven, no jersey.

Game 5, Down in the third, put on my Linden Jersey. Still lost.

So now...it seems superstition doesn't jive.

I've been not shaving for 2 days. I'm going to tempt fate and wear the Linden jersey.

JUST WIN DAMMIT!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I can respect that, we simply have different takes, I don't personally buy into metaphysical bits, spirituality, or various interpretations of energy. When it comes to sports it's generally folks having a parasocial relationship with a franchise, some folks take it further and develop one-sided parasocial relationships with players, ain't my bag. 

Within the arena? Yeah, there are impacts, but I think how it affects on-ice product is tough to measure or quantify. Folks are free to believe what they want, but I question the actual impact while recognizing the psychological aspects. 

I get where you're coming from. It's an interesting discussion. I can see both sides of the coin. The parasocial aspect of things is a rabbit hole in itself mainly because of emotions, psychological make-up, intent, etc. Those are unique and varied in people that can create different degrees of fan behavior and connection. That's not my bag either but I do like looking at the behavior and psychology behind it all.

The Covid-era games - without fans - would provide an interesting contrast to this in terms of impact on players and play.

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Fan Question; does anyone else become more superstitious in the playoffs? 

Oh he'll yes. I don't usually wear a jersey during games, but during the playoffs I wear jerseys and if they win I don't change jerseys again until they lose.

Also in game 4 when we scored the 2 late goals and won in OT, my wife was watching from the kitchen.  So now because of that, anytime we're down and the goalie is pulled my wife has to go stand in the kitchen. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I get where you're coming from. It's an interesting discussion. I can see both sides of the coin. The parasocial aspect of things is a rabbit hole in itself mainly because of emotions, psychological make-up, intent, etc. Those are unique and varied in people that can create different degrees of fan behavior and connection. That's not my bag either but I do like looking at the behavior and psychology behind it all.

The Covid-era games - without fans - would provide an interesting contrast to this in terms of impact on players and play.

I was always more motivated by being the villain whenever I was playing. Always gave it a little more when we were playing away

• Cheers 1

Crazy an 11.6 mill player has to be reminded to move his feet. Its like hes an AHL project. 

anyways hope to hell he does and gets on the board we need it

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, he showed up after lots of people wanted him rested. I had a feeling he'd be gold for us and he's been been very good. 

Defence as a whole has been terrific, need a big game from our forward group.

His impact and influence in the room right now would be invaluable to our younger guys. Those are the guys you want in the room at a time like this.

Our forwards need to step up. Out D is getting it done.

• Cheers 2

Tonight is a must win for us...we have to treat today's game like game 7. Otherwise, I will give it to Nashville to win this series if we do go to game 7!! 

We have to shoot more and there isn't enough offence. We have way more gun power than the preds so we need to use it!! 

Hronek needs to shoot more and everyone hands on deck and need to finish off their checks!!! Petey needs to be Petey for us to win tonight!! 

Go Canucks Go!!!

4 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I was always more motivated by being the villain whenever I was playing. Always gave it a little more when we were playing away

Same here. It was always extra sweet motivation to beat rude and obnoxious fans in their own building. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Worked nights, just bought beer so I got em when I wake up. Getting dangerously close to do I sleep or crack a beer and push through the day haha 

Drink GIFTrailer Park Boys Drink GIF

booze hounds GIF

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Playing with the stats, was surprised to see PDG 3rd in hits behind just Zad and Dak.

Lindholm. 6th, also surprised me

20240503_103152.thumb.jpg.a714c9b3430aad819046d8e80b5d7280.jpg

Ian Cole, Suter, Bluegar, and Lafferty.......you guys need to step it up in the hitting game!! 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

His impact and influence in the room right now would be invaluable to our younger guys. Those are the guys you want in the room at a time like this.

Our forwards need to step up. Out D is getting it done.

Exactly, what's that something like 10 or 12 playoffs in a row?

I can't remember the actual number but it's impressive. A player that knows what it takes to win.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Worked nights, just bought beer so I got em when I wake up. Getting dangerously close to do I sleep or crack a beer and push through the day haha 

Pick your poison.

I'm really choked our best hitter can't play a game. Juul's deserves a game even if it's on the 4th line. 

They're ramming Huggy

Juul's would find someone to hammer. Even things up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm really choked our best hitter can't play a game. Juul's deserves a game even if it's on the 4th line. 

They're ramming Huggy

Juul's would find someone to hammer. Even things up.

Same goes with Podz.

PDG hasn't really done much in the playoffs, so having someone who's physical but still can score is a plus.

But Podz is in Abby. 😞

• Cheers 1