[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

23 minutes ago, BPA said:

How many PP did they get compared to Canucks?  I’m guessing at least double.

it's not just the number of pp's .... how many of ours were cut short due to stupid calls. I recall at least 4 that we were taken off the pp less than 15 seconds in. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's been a key part of a pk that's kept this team in it.  Why would you mess with the one element of the team that's actually been very good?

Juul's is excellent on the pk

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

And take out who?  Both PDG and Laffy have had a great series on the pk........do we really want rt messing with the pk at this juncture?

We lost remember 

Playoffs is about adjustments 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

And take out who?  Both PDG and Laffy have had a great series on the pk........do we really want rt messing with the pk at this juncture?

Maybe you could send PDG an email and tell him to fkn hit somebody. 

We don't need soft crust Pizza.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Maybe you could send PDG an email and tell him to fkn hit somebody. 

We don't need soft crust Pizza.

PDG is among the top hitters on the team.  I think up until last game, he was 3rd in hits only behind Zadorov and Joshua.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, HKSR said:

PDG is among the top hitters on the team.  I think up until last game, he was 3rd in hits only behind Zadorov and Joshua.

But we need man sized hits like Zad's.

His hits are not close to anything that could help momentum. 

Josh and Zad score too

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Stupid 4 o’clock start. Having to watch an important playoff game on the PVR after the fact is just wrong. 😔

Go home early sick and start the weekend right!

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

51 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Zadorov has been huge in the playoffs 

Zadorov is huge just walking down the street

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'd go PDG and go 11/7

PDG is only getting 9 minutes a game as it is, if that.

But is 3rd on team in hits. Go figure

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I wish! My job doesn’t really work that way unfortunately. Cheers 🍻

I know right!? Sometimes work just kidnaps you like a ugly feely feely octopus 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

One of my supervisors is leaving at 3:30pm for an appointment.

Or is leaving early to watch the game?

So you’re leaving at 3:32??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

it's not just the number of pp's .... how many of ours were cut short due to stupid calls. I recall at least 4 that we were taken off the pp less than 15 seconds in. 

Exactly,  when they take your pp away from you that should be asterisk or something. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I get where you're coming from. It's an interesting discussion. I can see both sides of the coin. The parasocial aspect of things is a rabbit hole in itself mainly because of emotions, psychological make-up, intent, etc. Those are unique and varied in people that can create different degrees of fan behavior and connection. That's not my bag either but I do like looking at the behavior and psychology behind it all.

The Covid-era games - without fans - would provide an interesting contrast to this in terms of impact on players and play.

Once upon a time I did the parasocial bit, I watched a ton of interviews, was personally invested in the players, and was much more heavily invested emotionally. Losses could sour my mood, make me angry, make me sad, and so on. Eventually I concluded that I didn't really see that kind of investment as being healthy. When it really boils down to it it's just a game, just a sport, it's entertainment. It's fun, and there and be a community piece to it all, but it's just a game. Losses don't really upset me, how we lose can be a bit frustrating though. Wins are more fun to watch but I'm ultimately looking to be entertained. 

Up until the past few years I followed Canucks, and the team, on various socials, but eventually even that got cut out. I don't need to see the team everywhere, I don't need to know all the ins and outs about them and their personalities, or pay a ton of attention to their personal lives. Over time I've grown less invested in individual players, I'm more detached in my fandom for the most part, my fandom is generally more associated with the franchise than individual players nowadays (although I do have a special fondness for the Sedin era teams). Players come and go, Bo, Brock, and Thatcher are probably the last few players I got more attached to. 

Some folks want to live and breathe their Canucks, others are invested in less emotionally charged ways. 

Players definitely missed the crowds during the Covid era, both home and away teams missed the liveliness that comes with having a crowd, it was a weird time. 

• Cheers 1