[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

How much do you wager the cost savings are with this change ? 

How much do you bet that this is manic fandom going nuts over stupid shit. 

It's GAME six.  Thank you all busses for showing your support!  And YVR.   First airport tax we can enjoy. 

Edited by IBatch

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It costs a lot to recode every bus in the entire fleet. 

How much public tax money are you wanting to spend to go from ‘Go Team Go’ to specifically code ‘Go Canucks/Lions/WhiteCaps/etc Go’ ? 

Just asking for Property tax homeowners and fuel tax car/truck drivers. 

People don’t think one nor two steps ahead. 

Oh, I can believe it costs a bunch but how stupid is that? All the technology we enjoy like digital diabetes testing, and phone apps that turn your lights on when you're not at home, but updating 7 letters of a digital sign on a bus is rocket science requiring $1000's of dollars and multiple technicians. What a world was my only comment. 😂 

I find it sad/funny lol, but in a I don't care way. I don't live there so I personally couldn't care less about the cost but I agree it's probably not a great way to spend $100,000 (taxpayer money) ... but now that we're talking about it how much is it I wonder? Like are they cheaping out on $1,000, $5,000, $10,000. Shoot, if it was my city it would be worth it. (As you can probably tell politics and city planning are not my forte 😆

Anyways, here I've updated the signage for the airport, and I can tell (give) them that for free! :frantic:😂 

image.thumb.png.6ac1c1e4ff9025e9577e32e69de3bfd1.png

Don't take me seriously on this Sharpie,

I'm just keeping it light until game time.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Goalie Interference said:

I once had one of my D skate over to my crease during a game. "Are you superstitious?" He asked.

"No, not especialaly," I answered.

"You should try it," he said. "Might help. Sure couldn't hurt."

4 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Oh he'll yes. I don't usually wear a jersey during games, but during the playoffs I wear jerseys and if they win I don't change jerseys again until they lose.

Also in game 4 when we scored the 2 late goals and won in OT, my wife was watching from the kitchen.  So now because of that, anytime we're down and the goalie is pulled my wife has to go stand in the kitchen. 

5 hours ago, Lewlowned said:

Absolutely!

Though I wore a Nucks sweater that was 2-0 to Game 5, and we lost.

So I'm starting to think maybe my outfit choices aren't having an impact on the results... 

Still made sure to buy the same beer as games 3/4

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

No, short of adding to the atmosphere within the arena I don't believe fans really affect the end result. And even then, while the fans can pump players up I'd question how much that actually impacts how things play out on the ice. 

5 hours ago, Conscience said:

Yes haven't changed my underwear since game 1

5 hours ago, Rekker said:

Lol, my remotes have to be in a certain position. Gross, ugg, I may need meds.

For me I'm going back to the same dinner / beer / viewing situation as game 4; sushi, stella & watching alone with no distractions. 😄

Even listened to 'Separate Ways' on my drive home today, which used to be the song I started my walk to school on gamedays back in '11, when I was still in highschool haha

5 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Playoff beard gone after the game 5 loss. It's not like the Canucks have been overly convincing. Time for a change of fortune.

Isn't shaving the playoff beard supposed to be bad?

If things don't turn out I know where to point the finger 😜 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The coding would be applied from a single point, but it would require a ‘new’ code for every option. If it isn’t in their system already, then money would be spent to code it to reflect on every bus in CMBC’s fleet. 

Again, that’s not cheap. 

It was done every playoff time during twins era. I was using bases every day at that time

There's a series, that keeps on calling me

On the road, Game 6 for all to see

Every stop Silovs makes, he makes a new friend

Just score more goals, hit them hard, and beat them again

main-qimg-4623e616195d094d47b6df8c03ae55

• Like 2

Yeah, I just thought about something too....what I was thinking ...was....  LET`S FOOOKin! GO!!!

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh, I can believe it costs a bunch but how stupid is that? All the technology we enjoy like digital diabetes testing, and phone apps that turn your lights on when you're not at home, but updating 7 letters of a digital sign on a bus is rocket science requiring $1000's of dollars and multiple technicians. What a world was my only comment. 😂 

I find it sad/funny lol, but in a I don't care way. I don't live there so I personally couldn't care less about the cost but I agree it's probably not a great way to spend $100,000 (taxpayer money) ... but now that we're talking about it how much is it I wonder? Like are they cheaping out on $1,000, $5,000, $10,000. Shoot, if it was my city it would be worth it. (As you can probably tell politics and city planning are not my forte 😆

Anyways, here I've updated the signage for the airport, and I can tell (give) them that for free! :frantic:😂 

image.thumb.png.6ac1c1e4ff9025e9577e32e69de3bfd1.png

Don't take me seriously on this Sharpie,

I'm just keeping it light until game time.

Man that grew legs quick!