[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

6 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

So if they make a long run, do they all show up in the pink shirt one day. If I had EP money I would be buying a box of those shirts. 
Or does it get passed around to the player of the game like wrestling belts or hard hats have in the past. 
I can picture pink paisley practice jerseys commemorating the Canuck’s first cup win.

Brilliant, yes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I am nervous for this one. The Canucks did not play well in Nashville and squeaked out 2 wins. 

With the line matching the Preds go Hughes hunting. Need one of the big boys to shut that down right away, get Quinn some space to work with. 

Pepper Saros with shots and get the front of the net already. Get a few greasy ones early. 

2 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

I am nervous for this one. The Canucks did not play well in Nashville and squeaked out 2 wins. 

With the line matching the Preds go Hughes hunting. Need one of the big boys to shut that down right away, get Quinn some space to work with. 

Pepper Saros with shots and get the front of the net already. Get a few greasy ones early. 

They can't play the way they've played the last three and expect win the series, imo.  If they want to move on, theyre going to have to have a decisive win

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

They can't play the way they've played the last three and expect win the series, imo.  If they want to move on, theyre going to have to have a decisive win

You mean the last three where we won 2?

It doesn't have to be decisive....games in these playoffs aren't blowouts for the most part, they're 1 or 2 goal wins. 

Not sure why it has to be "decisive"...."a" win and they move on.

Even experienced teams aren't just blowing through games so that's not really how it is.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

Last I checked the canucks only need to score 1 more goal than the preds in a game to win and move on and have 2 chances at it

Or did the rules change?

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Can we just talk about Zadorov for a minute? How huge is he (pun intended)?

To me, he's got a whole lot of Bieksa swagger....he's hilarious with a point blank dry delivery and sarcasm. He's quickly become a key piece on this team. His toughness isn't the only thing he brings ... he can play. I mean, that goal he scored really demonstrated that.

If we don't sign him he'll probably bolt to become a bouncer at a nightclub in Riga, Latvia. Do we really want that to happen?

He must be re-signed!! I would prioritize him above Myers. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

So if they make a long run, do they all show up in the pink shirt one day. If I had EP money I would be buying a box of those shirts. 
Or does it get passed around to the player of the game like wrestling belts or hard hats have in the past. 
I can picture pink paisley practice jerseys commemorating the Canuck’s first cup win.

How about this?

(We should have sent the memo out earlier)

Everyone going to the game wears pink. Fill the rink with pink. It could be a thing.

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

Yeah, I am nervous for this one as well. I think Nashville will definitely come out skating hard and fast. If they get the first goal, it's going to be a long night. Not sure with how little the boys are scoring, that they could come back from an early deficit where Brunette can dictate match ups and have last change. Hoping for a win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost, and the Preds force game 7 back here in Van. 

At that point, pressure all on the Canucks to win. Either they fold like a cheap tent, or they win. Win or go home basically. 

1 hour ago, Dude said:

I don't know.Maybe management shouldn't have spent all the money on D.Superstar players dont get a slug like Mik on their line in the playoffs.You tell me Tiffoli on his wing doesn't make this a different series.

Toffee was a non factor for the Jets.  What makes you think he'd be different with us?

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

But he doesn't make coaches challanges in the playoffs!

But he plays a stifling system that kills offence!

But he drove Kuz out of town!

Yeah, but the team is in the playoffs.

A lot of players had career years.

He improved the PK.

In other words. Shaddup and enjoy the ride.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Toffee was a non factor for the Jets.  What makes you think he'd be different with us?

He had a couple goals in their series, he's never going to be a player who takes over games, but he would definitely be better than Mik.

Whichever line Mik is on, the offense dries up instantly. He should be down on the 4th line.