[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

Personally I am a bit surprised that Podz has not drawn into the lineup.  While we have dominated some shifts, I have yet to see a convincing performance from this team in this series.

I am not worried about beating Nashville but recognize we could also let this series slip away if we are not careful.  Assuming we win, I imagine Edmonton is watching the tape on all the times Quinn and Pettersson have been ragdolled this series and licking their chops.  The response from the Canucks has been underwhelming at best.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sell.the.team said:

Personally I am a bit surprised that Podz has not drawn into the lineup.  While we have dominated some shifts, I have yet to see a convincing performance from this team in this series.

I am not worried about beating Nashville but recognize we could also let this series slip away if we are not careful.  Assuming we win, I imagine Edmonton is watching the tape on all the times Quinn and Pettersson have been ragdolled this series and licking their chops.  The response from the Canucks has been underwhelming at best.

Podkolzin isn’t ready, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Podkolzin isn’t ready, unfortunately.

He played in the AHL playoffs for the babynux last game, so at least he's getting some reps on ice.  Hoping he'll be ready to draw in soon enough.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Perhaps best if Podz goes down for AHL playoff games. Though I'm nervous too after a decade or more of our teams performance this team seems different. GCG! 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This is why I LOVE sports. Only thing left in this world that can bring people together, rather than divide. *Liberals* cough cough. 

Kid is well spoken and full of life, and look at us, all but complains. Puts things into perspective.

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I will reserve judgment on Petey until I know the whole story in the off season.  You never know what may be up - ailment, injury or something else so no point in guessing.  One thing I do want if the struggles continue is maybe put him with Dak, Lind or Brock for a few shifts  - keep the main forward lines generally intact but switch it up from time to time if need to. 

Nashville is obviously having some success playing a style we seem to have some problems with (eg LA STL Flyers) - Canucks will need to find something that the Preds don't feel so comfortable with either.  I do agree with RT that sometimes you have to play with whats there and be patient - you certainly want to avoid risky plays which just falls in the Preds trap.

Pretty good tight series so far as I expected.  Hope for a good result on Friday.

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

39 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Maybe next year he'll decline the ASG invite

Don't think it was the cause.  My bet is the contract pressures.  He didn't play well once there are rumors that Nux may move on if he doesn't decide soon.  He wanted to do it after the season.  I don't think he wanted that attention, and never recovered even after signing it.  If anything, the pressure to perform got even higher.  

It's his problem to deal with.  I hope he finds his game this round.  Don't think Nux can beat oils without him. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Don't think it was the cause.  My bet is the contract pressures.  He didn't play well once there are rumors that Nux may move on if he doesn't decide soon.  He wanted to do it after the season.  I don't think he wanted that attention, and never recovered even after signing it.  If anything, the pressure to perform got even higher.  

It's his problem to deal with.  I hope he finds his game this round.  Don't think Nux can beat oils without him. 

Canucks will score more goals in bunches against the Oilers, I believe this. Nashville is playing a tough 5 man defensive unit. Oilers can’t do that.  

But I’m a realist, we have to beat Nashville first.

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, The Aquaman said:

Canucks will score more goals in lunches against the Oilers, I believe this. Nashville is playing a tough 5 man defensive unit. Oilers can’t do that.  

But I’m a realist, we have to beat Nashville first.

I think beating preds is harder than oils.  Let's hope they wrap it Fri night.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Bitterly disappointed with game 5. We started well but then seemed to get disillusioned about half way through the second. With all our offensive firepower we should be able to manage at least 30 shots on goal through 60 minutes. We are not testing Saros enough, the guy only has a .879 sav

I am all for playing a physical game but not at the expense of scoring. We can be physical but also smart, dumb boarding and hooking penalties are costing us, especially when our own PP gas deserted us.

What happened to Hronek's 100 mph shot? Let him take a few of those, if the Preds want to get in the way let them.

We were in their heads after game 4 but now they have some belief. But they haven't won in their own building, so let's make sure it stays that way.

1 hour ago, The Aquaman said:

I am supposed to have a date this Friday, during Game 6. 

I’ll just take her to a pub/bar so I can watch it as well LOL 

Im a romantic guys…

IMG_1387.jpeg

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Bitterly disappointed with game 5. We started well but then seemed to get disillusioned about half way through the second. With all our offensive firepower we should be able to manage at least 30 shots on goal through 60 minutes. We are not testing Saros enough, the guy only has a .879 sav

I am all for playing a physical game but not at the expense of scoring. We can be physical but also smart, dumb boarding and hooking penalties are costing us, especially when our own PP gas deserted us.

What happened to Hronek's 100 mph shot? Let him take a few of those, if the Preds want to get in the way let them.

We were in their heads after game 4 but now they have some belief. But they haven't won in their own building, so let's make sure it stays that way.

All good my friend, day by day. Canucks last game played awesome…just like before the ASG. 

Seen some good things, Nashville is probably a top 3 team in team defense, plus Sarros. 

We got this ;).

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

IMG_1387.jpeg

First date my friend, I’ve thought about it. 

She might think, “Oh this is a Netflix and chill night”. 

Hahaha you know? 

I might reschedule my friend, I mean…I won’t marry her..😂😎👍

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Haha 1

Go Canucks Go...........Go Canucks Go...

If all of our guys got sick, shouldn't it be their turn for guys getting sick? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Disagree. 

What makes PDG a better option? 

I am not sure, but if Podkolzin was ready to play he would have already. Kind of unfair to throw him in a Game 6 or 7?  

Unfortunately the team is deeper this year. It’s a good problem ;).

Edited by The Aquaman