[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Disagree. 

What makes PDG a better option? 

I'd rather see him get big mins and big responsibility in Abby than 10 mins a game in Van

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

And yet you dragging partisan politics in to an area it wasn’t even a thought does the exact opposite of what you’re lauding 🤦‍♂️

There’s no partisan politics that I see in the post you responded to. 

Keep this Thread supportive, and not Divisive. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

I am not sure, but if Podkolzin was ready to play he would have already. Kind of unfair to throw him in a Game 6 or 7?  

Unfortunately the team is deeper this year. It’s a good problem ;).

In my opinion, and it’s just mine, take it or leave it, I think Podz is a better physical ‘lift’ to the 4th line. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

In my opinion, and it’s just mine, take it or leave it, I think Podz is a better physical ‘lift’ to the 4th line. 

Brother whatever it takes for us to win. 

cheat, steal and kill. 

Get errr done 😂😂

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd rather see him get big mins and big responsibility in Abby than 10 mins a game in Van

If Podz is amongst the best in Abby, would he not be a genuine energy option for the option over PDG? 

What’s your case for PDG over Podz in the playoffs? 

If Podz is amongst the best in Abby, would he not be a genuine energy option for the option over PDG? 

I'm not really advocating one way or another but PDG has had the most good chances and plays at several points in the series. Games 2 and 3 I think mostly. Now they weren't great, just better than a bunch of the other nothing.

Also, his PK work is pretty valuable isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

PDG has been a pretty key part of the pk that has completely kept Van in this series. 

Ultimately, what podkolzin done this year to justify putting him in?  I love podz, but he doesn't pk, he doesn't pp ..........so he's only going to play 5v5, which means he probably plays 7-8 mins. 

What is it you feel he's going to do to impact the game in those mins?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Ooooo Sharp likes Podz ;).

May I ask a question? What if Podkolzin can’t make the team next year? Where does he fit in? And what does that do for his psyche? 

Honest question, I can’t answer those.

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I agree but PDG kills penalties and does it well.  He had a good game on fourth last game but the PKing is worth a marginal improvement on the 4th line that Podz might give. 

52 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Podkolzin isn’t ready, unfortunately.

What makes you say that? looks like Tocc is working 1on1 with him frequently throughout this series. Juulson got the nod. Took 4 pim's though so...... I absolutely think Pod will see ice in this playoffs whether it's game 7 or next series.  

I think it has more to do with having Silovs in net. PDG has pushing 300gp. It makes sense Tocc wants the guys right now who are going to log a calm predictable 10-15 mins. Hoglander isn't exactly lighting it up this series either is he "not ready". 

Pod could be a game 7 X factor coming in with fresh legs. He had a great playoffs in the KHL after a lackluster reg season. I don't think Coaching has ruled Podkolzin out of this playoff run one bit. He's currently a casualty of circumstances though.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm not really advocating one way or another but PDG has had the most good chances and plays at several points in the series. Games 2 and 3 I think mostly. Now they weren't great, just better than a bunch of the other nothing.

Also, his PK work is pretty valuable isn't it?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

PDG has been a pretty key part of the pk that has completely kept Van in this series. 

Ultimately, what podkolzin done this year to justify putting him in?  I love podz, but he doesn't pk, he doesn't pp ..........so he's only going to play 5v5, which means he probably plays 7-8 mins. 

What is it you feel he's going to do to impact the game in those mins?

Boys, I’m not suggesting that Podz should be the ‘go to’ on the PK. 

I’m proffering that when the 4th line is ‘out there’ Podz is a better energy player over Pizza. 

What has PDG done at any moment that shows his ability to forecheck forcefully? 

Wouldn’t an energetic Podz be a better choice over a lackadaisical medium size Pizza? 

Think of the two in their ability to forecheck and hem in the NSH D. 

It, in my opinion, would allow for better transitions for the following line, whether it be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd lines coming across the boards. 

PDG is not the ‘driver’ of the 4th line. 

Podz could be, again, imo. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

What makes you say that? looks like Tocc is working 1on1 with him frequently throughout this series. Juulson got the nod. Took 4 pim's though so...... I absolutely think Pod will see ice in this playoffs whether it's game 7 or next series.  

I think it has more to do with having Silovs in net. PDG has pushing 300gp. It makes sense Tocc wants the guys right now who are going to log a calm predictable 10-15 mins. Hoglander isn't exactly lighting it up this series either is he "not ready". 

Pod could be a game 7 X factor coming in with fresh legs. He had a great playoffs in the KHL after a lackluster reg season. I don't think Coaching has ruled Podkolzin out of this playoff run one bit. He's currently a casualty of circumstances though.

Awesome reply my friend, I disagree the Juulsen and Podz comparison. Jules hits like a rocket, tough hockey. Also Hoglander is miles up on Podkolzin in hockey development, kid scored 22 goals this year.

Podz if he plays these playoffs, he won’t see ice-time. Not an ideal spot for his development.

Edited by The Aquaman

6 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Ooooo Sharp likes Podz ;).

May I ask a question? What if Podkolzin can’t make the team next year? Where does he fit in? And what does that do for his psyche? 

Honest question, I can’t answer those.

He’s being groomed to make the team. 

Whether to start in a defensive role and then graduate from there like Joshua or many others that had the chance to play, adapt and then excel into other roles. 

What did it do for the psyche of having players rise up in the ranks since the days of ‘94? 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Boys, I’m not suggesting that Podz should be the ‘go to’ on the PK. 

I’m proffering that when the 4th line is ‘out there’ Podz is a better energy player over Pizza. 

What has PDG done at any moment that shows his ability to forecheck forcefully? 

Wouldn’t an energetic Podz be a better choice over a lackadaisical medium size Pizza? 

Think of the two in their ability to forecheck and hem in the NSH D. 

It, in my opinion, would allow for better transitions for the following line, whether it be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd lines coming across the boards. 

PDG is not the ‘driver’ of the 4th line. 

Podz could be, again, imo. 

I didn't think you were advocating for him to be on the pk.  But, by taking pdg out, you are taking a valuable piece of the pk away to gain 8ish mins of energy.  I don't see that as being a positive move 

Imo, the pk is the main reason the Canucjs are still alive in this series and PDG has been a big part of that 

And, as far as podz goes, in Abby he'll get top mins, pp1, lots of responsibility to be a main guy..........that's better for him than 8 mins of 4th line duty in Van, imo

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Podz couldn’t? On PK2? 

At this stage, in the playoffs without playing PK at all this year(or ever in the NHL?). No, he couldn't be. That would be a terrible coaching decision.

I love Podz, he brings tons of energy, but honestly PKing is more important than the 7ish minutes the 4th line plays having a ton of energy. It's not like Podz put up any offense in his 19 games this year, he was strictly and energy guy who wasn't bringing much else. At least PDG brings good defensive play and is good on the PK. Podz currently doesn't bring that.

• Cheers 3

Posted (edited)

He’s being groomed to make the team. 

Whether to start in a defensive role and then graduate from there like Joshua or many others that had the chance to play, adapt and then excel into other roles. 

What did it do for the psyche of having players rise up in the ranks since the days of ‘94? 

But Podkozin has been given many opportunities, in the past coaching staff and the past regime, and with this one(coaching and management)this season. 

Podkolzin should look at Joshua, imagine having Podz over Joshua right now? 

Sharp I love ya buds, don’t be mad at me?:..(( 😉 haha

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I agree but PDG kills penalties and does it well.  He had a good game on fourth last game but the PKing is worth a marginal improvement on the 4th line that Podz might give. 

Fair. However, when does the team knows how well other, younger players, with more natural talent can do if given the chance. 

Again, it’s a PK2 situation. And it’s a 4th line situation. 

PDG has done nothing offensively.

Give Gold Star a chance.