[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

1 minute ago, The Aquaman said:

But Podkozin has been given many opportunities, in the past coaching staff and the past regime, and with this one(coaching and management)this season. 

Podkolzin should look at Joshua, imagine having Podz over Joshua right now?

Podz has elevated his game in the last few of the regular season. 

Isn’t it incumbent on Coach Tocchet to see if if translates to the playoffs? 

If anything, he’s rested, no injuries, knows the ‘systems’ and can be a catalyst. 

That’s my point of view. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Fair. However, when does the team knows how well other, younger players, with more natural talent can do if given the chance. 

Again, it’s a PK2 situation. And it’s a 4th line situation. 

PDG has done nothing offensively.

Give Gold Star a chance. 

Rather see him up where Mik is. Mik has been buzzing but his hands are worse than Hansen’s.

Line isn’t going to get colder with Podz there. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sell.the.team said:

Personally I am a bit surprised that Podz has not drawn into the lineup.  While we have dominated some shifts, I have yet to see a convincing performance from this team in this series.

I am not worried about beating Nashville but recognize we could also let this series slip away if we are not careful.  Assuming we win, I imagine Edmonton is watching the tape on all the times Quinn and Pettersson have been ragdolled this series and licking their chops.  The response from the Canucks has been underwhelming at best.

On the radio they were saying that Tocc trusts PDG more to play a 200 ft game than Podz.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

There’s no partisan politics that I see in the post you responded to. 

Keep this Thread supportive, and not Divisive. 

lol. Right. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's how people from Saskatchewan identify each other.

I thought it was when a girl turns your front pockets inside out so they look like 2 ears, unzips your pants and nibbles on your carrot.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

At this point, he’d be shooting blanks in the brothel.

LOL, I set that joke up perfectly and you Sir executed to perfection.

EP is my fav player him and Hughes(on the Canucks).

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I thought it was when a girl turns your from pockets inside out so the look like 2 ears, unzips your pants and goes after the carrot.

Oh my, why do I live in Alberta?

Edited by The Aquaman

Start like they did last game but don't try to set up the perfect play as much - shoot more. That should pot a couple early and put the Preds into a position where they open up and start taking more risks. Very winnable game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

lol. Right. 

Careful. 

I’m having a genuine conversation with the Brothers/Sisters. 

If you’re here to troll or just be a dick, you’re gone. 

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

All of this freaky ass shit with the catfish reminded me of Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, Live at the Fillmore East album song called  the Mudshark.

Ronnie keeps his doobies on a window in his room

a marvel to be seen

dysintery green ...

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Podz has elevated his game in the last few of the regular season. 

Isn’t it incumbent on Coach Tocchet to see if if translates to the playoffs? 

If anything, he’s rested, no injuries, knows the ‘systems’ and can be a catalyst. 

That’s my point of view. 

I don’t know the right answer here my friend, only way to see the truth if you see him play. That’s why I understand your position on him, but my opinion which is just an opinion. I feel like Podz shouldn’t come in Game 6 or 7. 

Early next series if we make it, sure…maybe? I don’t know 

❤️

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Drance reported that Tocchet had a long chat with Pettersson near the end of practice. This basically guarantees Pettersson's going off tomorrow.

Took him out back and gave him a long talking to Philly style. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

I don’t know the right answer here my friend, only way to see the truth if you see him play. That’s why I understand your position on him, but my opinion which is just an opinion. I feel like Podz shouldn’t come in Game 6 or 7. 

Early next series if we make it, sure…maybe? I don’t know 

❤️

Fair opinion bud. 

If ‘we’ don’t see Podz play in the playoffs then how can I or we say he’s better or worse for the team, in the playoffs? 

‘We’ can’t. 

But, if that was the adjustment that Coach didn’t/hasn’t made as of now, aren’t we all going to be left ‘what could have been’? 

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Fair opinion bud. 

If ‘we’ don’t see Podz play in the playoffs then how can I or we say he’s better or worse for the team, in the playoffs? 

‘We’ can’t. 

But, if that was the adjustment that Coach didn’t/hasn’t made as of now, aren’t we all going to be left ‘what could have been’? 

This is why I Love sports, if we don’t try certain things…we get that famous question.

”What if we did this” having said that, I learned not to live in the past lmao!

👊

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Awesome reply my friend, I disagree the Juulsen and Podz comparison. Jules hits like a rocket, tough hockey. Also Hoglander is miles up on Podkolzin in hockey development, kid scored 22 goals this year.

Podz if he plays these playoffs, he won’t see ice-time. Not an ideal spot for his development.

I think it would be a shame if he didn't. For those same reasons. Pod led all FWDS in hits per 60 If I'm mistaken I'm close. 

We aren't going to win this series out grinding these guys. That's Nash game they have elite grinders up and down their lineup. A parade to the box won't do the trick either. 

Do you play Pod with Pete? 

image.thumb.png.b0e7945dd8d2d38ad375a1d28f15cdd4.png

Right now PDG's line is our 3rd line they haven't been on the ice for a single goal against while combining for more mins than Pete's trio. Do we swap Mikheyev for Pod? Mik has those Hansen hands but without the honey badger bite.  

Edited by Hammertime