[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

3 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Hrudey wants to talk about Saros not Silovs, shocking.

Well, to be fair Saros has made the 5 alarm saves. Silovs has been impressively steady.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

@HKSR

@Joshua.Guy

You listening to the commentary in between periods right now regarding PK? You both need to accept theres more to the game you’re watching and focusing on

It would be nice to get one pp. is that too much to ask from the nhl? You can’t give a team one. It just looks so rigged.

Posted (edited)

Nabil has wonderful hair

nabil is on tnt

tnt is a word for dynamite

dynamite explodes over weird angles

garland takes shots from weird angles

garland is going to score

IMG_5818.gif.bfd267b16b93da206ac67adca299293b.gif

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Hughes said:

Nucks including reg season are 28-30 on the pk against the predophiles. Rick should not be scared to challenge 

29-30 if he challenged 

• Thanks 1
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Nashville is the only team out there making nice passes and actually beating guys 1 on 1 to create space. Canucks lob it out way too much and chip and chase the rest of the time. Be great if they could actually win the board battles but they're getting beat most of the time there too. I miss watching a talented, creative team.

this is playoff hockey. Goes back and forth. It’s a grind and we’re playing grind out hockey because if we go the creative route against the Preds and do not convert, we will be punished. It’s conservative hockey when you play against a team like this. We just don’t have the personnel who can adapt easily to this style but we are still up in the series so we are doing some things right, yeah?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

What if they are executing what he wants, but it isn't working?  Have we seen anything to indicate their playbook has changed considering how anemic the shot totals are this entire series?

We are playing a highly defensive shot blocking team, ....

And no one has won this yet

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Well, to be fair Saros has made the 5 alarm saves. Silovs has been impressively steady.

Silovs makes his look easy where Saros is all over flopping like a fish outta water, he's more Hrudeys style lmao  

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Pettersson needs to stop feeling sorry for himself and get pissed. He also needs to get his knees bent and sit more into his skates - then he won’t be falling down every time the wind knocks him down every time somebody skates by him. Right now he’s playing like the unhappiest guy in the league making 11+ million.

For what it’s worth and that ain’t much, I have zero expectations of Pettersson.

If he hasn’t figured himself out by now it isn’t happening. 

Canucks will be lucky if he shows up as he is expected to next year. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Shoot. Shoot plentifully. Hit yellow jerseys until they turn red. 

It's a fluke goal from the Preds im worried about.......like that Zuker play.  I really don't to see something like that go in

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It would be nice to get one pp. is that too much to ask from the nhl? You can’t give a team one. It just looks so rigged.

It's called pandering...AI is the future of reffing I hope...humans suck at impartiality. 

4 minutes ago, quattrob said:

I mean when you have Suter with the best chances playing with Miller.. what do you expect.  No offence to Suter but he just can't finish any of his chances in this series.

That is why I would like to see some line-up adjustments to get offense going while at the same time steady defensively.  

Just now, RWJC said:

@HKSR

@Joshua.Guy

You listening to the commentary in between periods right now regarding PK? You both need to accept theres more to the game you’re watching and focusing on

Yes, there's the part of the game called offence.  I don't doubt Tocchet in terms of his ability to coach a team to defend and PK, but then you look at the other side of the coin and ask yourself... what about the PP and shots/goals?  Like @Joshua.Guy said, the Canucks have turned into a grinding team.  i think he has swung the pendulum the other direction way too far.  Somewhere in the middle was probably our 1st half of the season.  Super defensive and grinding low event hockey was the 2nd half and into the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

How does everyone feel about spending 11.6 million right now on a player that looks checked out for the last two months. Pretty scary right now.

If his current form was guaranteed to continue into next year and subsequent years, plenty to be worried about. But I think that’s unlikely to occur. I’d be surprised if there is no injury revealed once the Canucks are done in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Was there an obvious penalty that wasn’t called though? Not really.

The obvious crosscheck boarding sequence on Garland for one. Agree though, not been a lot that should have been called

• Cheers 1