[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

10 minutes ago, RWJC said:

when your offensive stars are lacking in their finish, actually when the majority of your forwards are, the best thing you can do is ensure their defensive game is as sound as possible. It sucks to watch but it is the best option against a team like this and will do us favours in future rounds (fingers crossed) when the touch isn’t there and again we have to grind out. I think as fans we have to at least find positives and be somewhat satisfied that at least we are battling through and still giving ourselves a chance. We may see a completely different approach if we get to next round, but right now this is unfortunately the best these players are mustering. 

So we just accept that ALL of our stars are struggling offensively at the same time along with the offensive output reduction across the board from pretty much all of them as well?  No fault of the coach and his playbook at all?

• Like 2

Dinner: Teriyaki Garlic Shrimp Stir-fry ... delicious, my recipe

Drink: Pilsner and Dalmore 15 yr old

Canucks Goal: PRICELESS

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Better energy for the 3rd for nucks.

Keep working, probably going to be a great individual effort from hughes or miller and garland or brock putting it home. I'd try garly with miller

• chaos 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Zad barely touched him, completely let up (Sherwood would've been rocked if he didn't)

That was obviously full force by Schenn

Haha, ok.  

Just now, KILLER said:

It's crazy how often it's him getting the glorious chances...sigh.

It's because he puts himself in those positions, someone else might not. He's snakebitten, but one of the only ones on our team getting chances.

Just now, HKSR said:

So we just accept that ALL of our stars are struggling offensively at the same time along with the offensive output reduction across the board from pretty much all of them as well?  No fault of the coach and his playbook at all?

My belief is the Canucks changed their playbook when Demko went down.  They made themselves completely bulletproof defensively to protect the goalie which gives up a lot in terms of offensive production.  Add onto that Nashville is good defensively it had turned into this series

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

How's that different than what Zad did two shifts ago?  Did you want them to call him?

When we haven't had a powerplay at all, I don't care. 

Just now, gwarrior said:

When we haven't had a powerplay at all, I don't care. 

Nashville's only had one and it's an obvious call 

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Dinner: Teriyaki Garlic Shrimp Stir-fry ... delicious, my recipe

Drink: Pilsner and Dalmore 15 yr old

Canucks Goal: PRICELESS

GO CANUCKS GO!

I'm not getting up to cook until the game is over