[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

13 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Hey, I think I just solved the Ukraine war problem.

Just gotta bring Ukraine into NATO, and the Latvian army will be on such a high after tonight, they'll be marching into Moscow within a week.

There's another thread for that delusional bullshit.  Let's keep it to hockey here.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, rychicken said:

But that other poster told us earlier it would take great cost, effort and time to do….LOL

Every bus can be programmed with the new  banner in five minutes during regularly scheduled maintenance or barn time. Not much different than adding a new contact to your phone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Man I really wanna buy a Rypien Jersey, I've personally struggled a lot with life and grew up on my own from a young age and that whole sob story yada yada.. haha  but seriously if anyone knows where I could find one other than eBay let me know, I'd absolutely love to get one for this run!! Love what Ryp stood up for! Go Canucks go! Baby yes!! 

Getting a custom one with the name and number added in seems to work:

Screen Shot 05-03-24 at 08.43 PM.PNG

The challenge against the Oilers will be identifying weaknesses and exposing them.

The Preds had almost no weaknesses which was why this was a tight series. A very well coached team with a defensive first mentality.

I predicted a much different type of series, but this ended up more like I thought a Kings matchup would like like. Luckily we had some huge goal in the big moments (Joshua game 1, Boeser game 4, Suter game 6) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Man I really wanna buy a Rypien Jersey, I've personally struggled a lot with life and grew up on my own from a young age and that whole sob story yada yada.. haha  but seriously if anyone knows where I could find one other than eBay let me know, I'd absolutely love to get one for this run!! Love what Ryp stood up for! Go Canucks go! Baby yes!! 

There are a lot of sites that will sell a Canucks Jersey with any name you wish ... if that would be acceptable.

Good luck sir and may your best days be yet lived.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

I will remind folks who poopooed my suggestion after Casey lost his game 2 that they give Silovs a shot because there is less of a book for other teams to prescout. I'm working tonight, so only got to watch highlights, but it looks like Arturs played great, and I think the debate is over as far as G2 is concerned next year.

• Desmenko 1

One of the things that really gave me hope for them this game is the incredibly slow shift in momentum and the game opening up. Started in Nashville's favour in the first, then became more even as we got through the second, and for the first time in forever, we're actually seeing shots from the Canucks! Then the third, Canucks are taking over, that was the Canucks period to win and they did it! 

Petey's had a brutal first round, but I'm so glad to see him there working hard along the boards to help them get that 1 goal, and like I said and Miller also said postgame, Suter could have 10 goals this series with the chances he had. MVP of the series would go to Boeser for me, although Miller's right there with him. Really I could name tons more, goaltending, especially Silovs. Shoutout to Miller doing practice in Silovs shirt the other day, I think that was exactly what the Canucks needed to help them feel relaxed and ready for this game.

Canucks defense was strong the entire series, loved seeing 4 guys out there forming a wall in front of the net at the net. Hughes is tough, he had to endure a ton this series, and still kept doing his magic. Not dominant but definitely feel that he was underrated this series. The bottom 4, all great, think it's obvious why people love Zadorov, he's basically what people had hoped Tryamkin would become for the Canucks. Hronek, he's gonna have to do more next series, he was not good this series, no offense and had some bad defensive moments. But otherwise, this is the best I've felt about a Canucks defense in a long time.

Lindholm, came through for some big moments, Joshua, hero of game 1, Mikheyev, just let me see 1 single goal from him, Hoglander, definitely was also a struggle for him, hopefully he and Petey both get going next round.

Anyway, that was a truly fitting way for the Canucks to win this series. LET'S GO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Tha could have been the defining moment of the series.  Thank goodness it wasn't.  

Listening to Darren Pang, you might have thought that Lindholm broke his back. C’ome refs, the playoffs have started, that was borderline at best!

• ThereItIs 1

Tocchet is FORCED to juggle his lines by a game situation...  so out comes Pettersson, Boeser and Suter...

AND THEY SCORE.

Hmmmm....  could it be that was what Tocchet needed to do in the first place????????

Anyway, on the 2nd round... and I really hope Tocchet gets his coaching hat on and starts to think about matchups and lines.

• Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Not priced out, I would suggest trading DeSmith's negotiating rights in the off season for a low draft pick and sign Silovs ... however, PA / JR are paid to make those decisions. But yes, Silovs looks ready for prime time!

DeSmith is a UFA. So if he walks, he walks. I'm comfortable with Silovs as the back up though.

• Cheers 2