[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

Just now, gwarrior said:

DeSmith is a UFA. So if he walks, he walks. I'm comfortable with Silovs as the back up though.

Personally I think Silovs should be a tandem with Demko... so 45 games for Demko, 37 for Silovs.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Listening to Darren Pang, you might have thought that Lindholm broke his back. C’ome refs, the playoffs have started, that was borderline at best!

I remember a non call when a back was broken... Fuck the refs! 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The challenge against the Oilers will be identifying weaknesses and exposing them.

The Preds had almost no weaknesses which was why this was a tight series. A very well coached team with a defensive first mentality.

I predicted a much different type of series, but this ended up more like I thought a Kings matchup would like like. Luckily we had some huge goal in the big moments (Joshua game 1, Boeser game 4, Suter game 6) 

The Coilers D is shite, so is their goal tending. They need to score 5 to win, this upcoming series will expose them for what they are.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

This years Nashville is similar to old Minny Wild teams, or Old New Jersey teams. So fricken hard to play against, once or if you get through that trap style, shot blocking, forward and defense play, you have to still beat a top tier goalie. Wash rinse and repeat shift after shift. It gets to you and frustrates the shit out of you in a best of 7 series. Huge reason why I was not happy to play them in the 1st round.  

Good job boys, and way to stick to the system no matter how frustrating it was. Edmonton is no cake walk, but at least there style matches up a lot more than that damn sandpaper Predators team. 

• ThereItIs 1

Big win in the series. The Preds had a good finish to the season. Need to step up our game to beat the Oilers. They believe they deserve to be in the finals we will have to prove them wrong. Our front 6 or so have to pick it up. But we have as good a chance to be there as the Coilers. Go Canucks go. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

DeSmith is a UFA. So if he walks, he walks. I'm comfortable with Silovs as the back up though.

Yes, agreed. However, teams that want a player often trade a pick for exclusive negotiating rights to get a jump in other teams before July 1st. Hope Silovs keeps this play up and yes, seems we have our backup for next year.

Thank you Casey for your service in that case.

Edited by Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Haha myers just confirmed. He blocked that shot with his nuts. "Got me right in the balls" .

Suck it up, that's why you have Two of them. 

Just now, nuckleheadd said:

wear more earings

God damn hilla billies 

unnamed.jpg.dd267580e199389f94ceb1e97af29b18.jpg

And your ear rings you cheese burger onion ring eating coagulated bastard!! 

Yah can I get a dozen half eaten cheese burgers to go! 

Go Canucks! Woooooop!!!! (Samscgwanch) 

50 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, I am excited for his future. A lot of teams are looking for one number 1 and we potentially have two. He’s def the backup next year. I do feel bad for DeSmith but Silovs just has a comforting demeanour.

… or he is traded in a big move. 🙂

• Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Johngould21 said:

The Coilers D is shite, so is their goal tending. They need to score 5 to win, this upcoming series will expose them for what they are.

Wrong on both counts.

Skinner is playing really well and so are the D on the team...  look at the results... as the series went on, the Oilers D got better and better.

The Oilers are not the same team they were two or three years ago, they have a much more experienced and capable defense... and I am not talking about Darnell Nurse.

Vincent DeHarnais is a force for them now...  6'7" and 226 lbs... and Evan Bouchard has improved his defensive play considerably.

And of course they have McJesus and Draisaitl... whether you like them or not, they are the #1 and #3 best offensive players in the league who can both do it on their own.

The Oilers play much better with McDavid on the roster... don't assume because the Canucks went 4-0 regular season they will do the same in the playoffs.

Canucks went 4-0 vs the Preds and barely scraped out a win in round 1.

Will take a lot better coaching from Tocchet to deal with the Oiler's offensive threats and generate more shots from the Canucks top lines.  If Tocchet leaves Pettersson with Hoglander and Mikheyev, and Suter on Miller's line, then we will continue to see very little production.

• Wiener 1

8 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Hate to say it but you clearly did not watch the last series. They had right games also.