[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Wrong on both counts.

Skinner is playing really well and so are the D on the team...  look at the results... as the series went on, the Oilers D got better and better.

The Oilers are not the same team they were two or three years ago, they have a much more experienced and capable defense... and I am not talking about Darnell Nurse.

Vincent DeHarnais is a force for them now...  6'7" and 226 lbs... and Evan Bouchard has improved his defensive play considerably.

And of course they have McJesus and Draisaitl... whether you like them or not, they are the #1 and #3 best offensive players in the league who can both do it on their own.

The Oilers play much better with McDavid on the roster... don't assume because the Canucks went 4-0 regular season they will do the same in the playoffs.

Canucks went 4-0 vs the Preds and barely scraped out a win in round 1.

Will take a lot better coaching from Tocchet to deal with the Oiler's offensive threats and generate more shots from the Canucks top lines.  If Tocchet leaves Pettersson with Hoglander and Mikheyev, and Suter on Miller's line, then we will continue to see very little production.

The Predators were hotter than the Oilers in the last quarter. And Skinner is no different than Samsonov in Tor. He isn't great

preds.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Blue said:

The Predators were hotter than the Oilers in the last quarter. And Skinner is no different than Samsonov in Tor. He isn't great

preds.jpg

The Oilers had a far better record... and what counts is the playoffs.

Oilers shut down the Kings 4-1 and did it in a very efficient manner.

Anyone who thinks they will be a pushover is deluding themselves.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

We ain't tanking anymore. Lets get rid of that emoji and replace with something else 

The Flow :hurhur:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This next season will be the exact opposite of what we just experienced, Canucks will be tenfold the more defensive team, and in turn will have tenfold the offensive chances on their end. I like our odds. Fuck Oil country

7 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Wrong on both counts.

Skinner is playing really well and so are the D on the team...  look at the results... as the series went on, the Oilers D got better and better.

The Oilers are not the same team they were two or three years ago, they have a much more experienced and capable defense... and I am not talking about Darnell Nurse.

Vincent DeHarnais is a force for them now...  6'7" and 226 lbs... and Evan Bouchard has improved his defensive play considerably.

And of course they have McJesus and Draisaitl... whether you like them or not, they are the #1 and #3 best offensive players in the league who can both do it on their own.

The Oilers play much better with McDavid on the roster... don't assume because the Canucks went 4-0 regular season they will do the same in the playoffs.

Canucks went 4-0 vs the Preds and barely scraped out a win in round 1.

Will take a lot better coaching from Tocchet to deal with the Oiler's offensive threats and generate more shots from the Canucks top lines.  If Tocchet leaves Pettersson with Hoglander and Mikheyev, and Suter on Miller's line, then we will continue to see very little production.

Anyone thinking this next series will not be an all out battle is underestimating both teams. Yes the soilers have McDonald’s and drysaddle but we have JT, Huggy and Boeser. I would even suspect an advantage Van if Demko was playing. Not that I don’t respect what Silovs has accomplished.

Every series is different production wise, the past has proven that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Personally I think Silovs should be a tandem with Demko... so 45 games for Demko, 37 for Silovs.

I could really get behind this. Silovs has earned the opportunity bad on what he did in Abby this year, and with what he is currently doing in Vancouver. Glad to be a Canuck fan

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DelPiLeo said:

If Lindholm that 2 minutes for touching penalty was the standard, Garland could drew at least 10 penalties each game by himself in this series.

Exactly what I thought there was two same "calls" on Garland that game alone. 

I your gonna "let it t go" than let it go

9 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

The Oilers had a far better record... and what counts is the playoffs.

Oilers shut down the Kings 4-1 and did it in a very efficient manner.

Anyone who thinks they will be a pushover is deluding themselves.

The Oilers were held to 13 shots in one of the games vs the Kings. Who the hell said the Oilers were a pushover ? You are saying the Canucks will be a pushover

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BTueyCanucksFan said:

I could really get behind this. Silovs has earned the opportunity bad on what he did in Abby this year, and with what he is currently doing in Vancouver. Glad to be a Canuck fan

Yeah me too split it 60/40 next year, just imagine Silovs working with Clark every day for the next decade