[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

I thought we were still 3-4 years away at least and there was no sense in going for anything trying to be a good team only to get knocked out in the first round ...

Oh, wait ...

We're a good team and going to the second round. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah exactly, inconsistency is the issue everyone has! 

When the game wasn't on the line- no call.

When the game is absolutely on the line in the last minute- fkn TWEET!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hilarious to see all the Oilers defenders in this thread. They're the ones who were wrong about us now trying to save face and change the conversation. 

No one is saying they even expect the oilers to beat the Canucks… just that they are different than when we played them at the beginning of the year. I don’t expect it to be an easy series, but I do expect it to be even more entertaining than the Nashville one at least. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Im glad the Canucks are considered underdogs vs EDM.  Makes the victories that much sweeter.  

Edited by AngryGoose
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

You don’t have to visit other sites. Look no further than our GDT where a segment of our fans excoriate our coach and players. Objective criticism is one thing. When it’s consistently negative, that’s what grinds my gears. 

Canucks are playing their asses off and these donkeys cry through the entire game. 

First series win  (not courting the bubble) in a decade and it’s non stop complaining.

You can’t make this shit up. 

Yeah I usually like watching the game and following the GDT at the same time but I had to sit this one after the last one. All that complaining was just too much. It’s the friggin Stanley Cup playoffs for shits sake, games are tough and not everything is going to go your way but the team is fighting like hell. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Seriously though guys you need to thank me for tonight’s win …

I know from experience that every time I get really excited for a hockey game the Canucks lose so tonight I purposely didn’t give a shit about it and even made every effort not to care and sure enough they won

yup - every time… 

Jason Derulo Performance GIF by NBC

lol

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Haha 2

The oiler series is going to come down to whether or not the Canuck stays discipline and stay out of the box. They lit up the #2 pk in the league like a Xmas tree.. and as good as the Canucks have been defensively.. we know they have pk woes throughout the season.. staying out of the box will be key to the series.. 5v5 we should be fine

Schenn could be our fly on the wall as what happened with those calls going their way this game. We were actually really lucky Schenn could have made our life really miserable if he opened up a can of whoop ass. I think he respects our game because we don't play like dirt bag cheap ass's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

It's the same players. There is such thing as a change bump, do you honestly think that's just a saying or .... 

It's the same choke artist goal tenders dude. Same defense. Same self untitled forwards whining for penalties.. 

What team you cheering for bro? 

Wrong site maybe?? 

The oilers can and will be shut down. 

Canucks in 5

I'm cheering for the team I think is better.  That doesn't mean I'm some idiot who thinks our opponent is trash at everything.  Those whiners who dive for penalties?  They just got all the calls they wanted and fucking TORCHED their rivals in five games.  You think the refs are just gonna be nice to us now?

2 hours ago, Darius said:

Werent the oilers a 109 point team under Woodcroft?

Is that all you see?  Points?  So as long as a team scores the same amount of points, you don't think anything has changed?  Literally a whole new squad of coaches, and you think nothing has changed?

4 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ahhh... thanks for posting this Rip!

When we won game 3 and DeSmith got the game puck then put in on the board, people were commenting that he'd put it in the wrong spot, thinking they were supposed to stack up each column vertically one upon another each round. But I wondered if it wasn't more of a 'snake up from row to row' and work up towards the top kinda deal

Was gonna comment on it but having not remembered seeing one filled in before, I wasn't sure but now seeing Silovs place it where he did confirms that DeSmith put it in the correct spot after his great effort in game 3

And, can I just add...

Thanks Rip for all the great content you link for us each night in the Post Game Threads!! It really adds a lot to my experience of our boards and even the whole process of following our team and getting deeper insights into all that goes on at different levels.

Whenever I run out of steam and can't finish a PGT, I always make a point of using Ctrl+F "Mesh" to search each page until I've at least seen all the pressers and heard coach's thoughts on the game. I hate surfing twitter and other sites so there's no way I'd be able to get those in me every game if not for what you do

Cheers man and GCFG!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

He will be close watched by Lindholm and Blueger

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Nor are the Canucks.  We won those first 3 games without Lindholm and Zadorov in the lineup, both banes on the Oilers side these last few years

100% we have geared up for the playoffs.  That doesn't mean I think Edmonton is some worthless team that has zero strengths.  That's what some people here think - that the Oilers fluked their way into the second round.

• Cheers 1

Just rewatching the game

The second period cross check in Garland was way worse than Lindy's late penalty.  Dude actually SOLD that 'cross check' with a face plant to the ice Lol. Ouch watching the balls block by Myer's.  Myer's with a unsung game.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I wonder how the refs are going to call the series now that they’re both Canadian teams

maybe they’ll just let the teams play because no American team is involved for the refs to favour

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I wonder how the refs are going to call the series now that they’re both Canadian teams

maybe they’ll just let the teams play because no American team is involved for the refs to favour

If the refs put the whistle away, 70% of Oilers offense is neutralized right there. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

If the refs put the whistle away, 70% of Oilers offense is neutralized right there. 

When we beat these guys in six games people are gonna wake up and see who the real "frauds" are when they aren't being spoonfed powerplays. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1