[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The way they are placing them, they are treating all first 3 rounds as a whole, going from the bottom to up.  

But when I look at it, they won all the game 1 in first three rounds already.  Arty just placed the puck in game 2 round 1 slot.  

Screenshot_20240504-184900.png

Edited by Jaimito

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Is that all you see?  Points?  So as long as a team scores the same amount of points, you don't think anything has changed?  Literally a whole new squad of coaches, and you think nothing has changed?

Where did I say nothing has changed? All I implied was they were a top  team under woodcroft last year. I brought it up because some people downplay the Canucks early success against them as if something was drastically different then in a negative way. That roster at the start of the season was basically  same that finished as one of the top teams last year. 

i get it that they have improved their defensive play under Coffee et al, but I also think the Canucks have improved their roster too.  Canucks will be in tough - I don’t know how goaltending will hold up over the long term without Demko. Also don't know if Petey will get going back to 100 percent. I do think it’s a winnable series. Oilers record against top teams this year  isn’t that stellar.  Their bottom two lines are a black hole and no matter who is coaching Darnell will be Darnell and skinner still looks like a sieve on some nights.  They are also still highly dependant on that one player- we all saw what they looked like without him in that last game vs Vancouver where the division was up for grabs- very ordinary at best.  

Edited by Darius
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I thought we were still 3-4 years away at least and there was no sense in going for anything trying to be a good team only to get knocked out in the first round ...

Oh, wait ...

We're a good team and going to the second round. 

Yup. The cave dwellers tried, got pummelled, and left. Beautiful to see. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Just landed after a 19hr flight.

Binge watching all the post game stuff now.   Still have to watch the Sportsnet broadcast of the game..

Wow thank you for posting these videos. Just watched the first one while drinking my first cup of coffee. Absolutely loved it. No play by play hockey T.V. or live is great. I will definitely watch the rest between my Saturday errands. Canuck fans are the best fans. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Darius said:

Where did I say nothing has changed? All I implied was they were a top  team under woodcroft last year. I brought it up because some people downplay the Canucks early success against them as if something was drastically different then in a negative way. That roster at the start of the season was basically  same that finished as one of the top teams last year. 

i get it that they have improved their defensive play under Coffee et al, but I also think the Canucks have improved their roster too.  Canucks will be in tough - I don’t know how goaltending will hold up over the long term without Demko. Also don't know if Petey will get going back to 100 percent. I do think it’s a winnable series. Oilers record against top teams this  isn’t that stellar.  Their bottom two lines are a black hole and no matter who is coaching Darnell will be Darnell and skinner still looks like a sieve on some nights.  They are also still highly dependant on that one player- we all saw what they looked like without him in that v last game vs Vancouver where the division was up for grabs- very ordinary at best.  

In the exact same way you are not giving enough credit to Kris Knoblauch for transforming EDM's defensive structure, I see now you are not giving Rick Tocchet enough credit for doing the same.  We were winning games at the same clip with guys like Beauvillier and Kuzmenko as we have with Zadorov and Lindholm.  Hell, this forum had major buyer's remorse when Lindy was struggling (before injury).

Don't underestimate what a completely new coaching staff can do to a team.  Even scrubs like Nurse and Brown have been playing extremely disciplined hockey.

8 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

In the exact same way you are not giving enough credit to Kris Knoblauch for transforming EDM's defensive structure, I see now you are not giving Rick Tocchet enough credit for doing the same.  We were winning games at the same clip with guys like Beauvillier and Kuzmenko as we have with Zadorov and Lindholm.  Hell, this forum had major buyer's remorse when Lindy was struggling (before injury).

Don't underestimate what a completely new coaching staff can do to a team.  Even scrubs like Nurse and Brown have been playing extremely disciplined hockey.

D4CEDBB9-5EDF-4ACD-85AD-67E3237E9CDC.gif.54d3f182b7c992a5572fcb69398a369a.gif

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pity vote. 

It was a 1-0 game where Saros made a number of rediculous saves. We should have won 4or5-0. Saros was the best player in that game. 
Arty was great but really only had to make tough saves a couple times. Saros was under siege for most of the game especially early 1st and third. 

Arty doesn’t look as big as Demko, he isn’t as calm and smooth looking, he doesn’t look soft like Demko where everything just gets sucked into his pads but my god for a rookie goalie to come in to an elimination game and have the balls to make some of the poke checks he did. What a story he is. 

Gotta keep it rolling against the Oil. Tough task beating them early in the playoffs when the refs are still making calls, and they give way too much respect to McDavid. 

13 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

From what I have seen of the Oil, I would say yeah you are probably right but they are a streaky team and have been for years. 
‘This is what I was saying early in the year when they were the worst team in the league and I don’t think that changed with Knoblauch.  Coaching bump absolutely helped them get on the current hot streak. 
‘Just got to frustrate them and get them back in their cold streak. 
‘It will be a more entertaining series definitely. Will get to see if the Arty Party is real as this is going to be a bigger challenge for him than the one line Preds. 

What a great morning! GCG!

A big "shut the hell up" to all those who didn't believe

Silos is soooo calm. Very impressive 

Myers gets extra credit for sacrificing his nuts. Great game!

I think we're gonna beat the coilers too

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Good to see EP show signs of life on the 1 play that count.. jump around the defender to shovel the puck to boeser and the rest is history

That play could be the TSN turning point for him and us. He might get going now.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

What do the Nashville fans know other than getting bounced ... lol ... about as much as the wet blankets. 

Lol

They're too stupid to know if the league reffed a fair series, canucks would have swept them. 

The Canucks were scared to go all out because they knew they'd be penalized while Nashville did whatever they wanted to do with no repercussions. 

Basically the canucks beat them with one hand tied behind their backs

• ThereItIs 2

32 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Gotta keep it rolling against the Oil. Tough task beating them early in the playoffs when the refs are still making calls, and they give way too much respect to McDavid. 

We go through this a lot where it seems we get the short end of the stick when it comes to getting calls from the stripes. I think this team is really good at dealing with this. To them it's just part of the game plan.

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

When another team embellishes the refs can literally make a call at any time.

Unless you play contact free hockey you open yourself up to bad calls.

If you know that's how they're calling it, it's up to you not out yourself in those situations.  Ant that's pretty hyperbolic, I doubt you'll see many more calls than normal