[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

I'm not bandwagoning or opponent disrespecting.

My honest hockey assessment of the Oilers is that they are a peaky and flawed team. And it showed in their regular season. Even at the end they lost to CBJ and the Preds. 

It's just so strange that we won the division and lost 4 in a row once. And yet we are the big underdogs according to the experts. 

The Oilers were out of the playoffs in the first quarter and had a mid season coaching change. Knob looks to me like the Sheldon Keefe of the west. 

But hey , anything can happen in the playoffs. We might get swept. We might sweep them. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

The off season just keeps getting shorter and shorter. 

Refreshing change from having meaningless games late in the regular season, that wins only hurt our draft lottery odds.

• Like 1
  • Tank 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Hopefully Vegas gets dumped. Then  Stone can donate his spleen to Organs Anonymous. 

Or even better they doing open surgery during the game, and send his spleen in the post instead.

15 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm waiting for more people to wipe egg off their faces. 😉

14 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

OMG ... First round exit ... 

Come on now ... 

2183390c33417d017eaed6a53d80fb64.gif

14 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Wet blankets are people too ... 

Hat tip ...

shaq-laugh-shaq.gif

13 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Remember when people were saying there was no sense in building a great team only to go out in the first round. Lol

They now be like ...

j-alexander-wide-eyes-surprised-face-td8

Where all the wet blanket predictors at ...

Looking like ...

peace-out.gif

I don't think I've ever seen a more decisive prediction all season long from positive posters that we're a good team and we'd get past the first round.

Hats off to the good guys!!!

wearing-hat-cowboy-hat.gif

Oilers lovers at work already.

Get ready! 

shaq-laugh.gif

Covert wet blankets hiding in Oilers uniforms. Lol

Believe ... so much reason to keep believing. Proving people wrong! 

Not fooling me.

Oilers are a good team absolutely. So are we. We'll adapt. Don't be surprised to see us playing more like the Preds.

We do have another level. The one that keeps proving people wrong. 

Hilarious to see all the Oilers defenders in this thread. They're the ones who were wrong about us now trying to save face and change the conversation. 

12 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... all the reasons why the Oilers will beat us.

How about the reasons why we made it to the second round and why people were wrong. That would be a great essay!

Kicking the can down to road again, moving goalposts. Lol

And not immediately jumping on the Oilers bandwagon. 🙂

Wet blanket Oilers wankers are on it from the hop ... Lol ... trying, again ... 

OMG! Lol

I respect the Oilers. They're s good team. So are the Canucks.

Wet blankets are getting exposed again. 

I wouldn't ... it'll be even sweeter when they're wrong ... again. 😉

11 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

What do the Nashville fans know other than getting bounced ... lol ... about as much as the wet blankets. 

11 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

... are in here. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Pretty much this ... again ...

60n1W-.gif

10 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I thought we were still 3-4 years away at least and there was no sense in going for anything trying to be a good team only to get knocked out in the first round ...

Oh, wait ...

We're a good team and going to the second round. 

41 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That's great!

I'm really, really glad you read them and saw them. That makes my day. There are even more for you to read. Enjoy! 

😉

------

Also really glad we got the first round monkey off our backs when so many said for years that we were nothing but a first round team. 

So glad!

Bring on the Oilers! They're a good team. We have their number. No excuses.

That's great!

I'm really, really glad you read them and saw them. That makes my day. There are even more for you to read. Enjoy! 

----------------------------

Yeah, it's hard not to see them when it takes up 40% of the board. lol. 21 posts I've seen you deriding people's viewpoints and zero actual posts regarding your claims of people picking the Oilers over the Canucks. 

Excited Star Wars GIF

9 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

100% we have geared up for the playoffs.  That doesn't mean I think Edmonton is some worthless team that has zero strengths.  That's what some people here think - that the Oilers fluked their way into the second round.

I dont think they are worthless.Just that there stile of game is good for us.They play open game,and we match well.Also Oilers best players have allergies on rough plays.

30 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This might be unpopular to the Tram Fan Boys on here. But Zads is everything we wanted in Tram and more. He can defend, he's a freight train on skates, he can shoot and even score. On top of it all, he seems to be a standout guy on and off the ice. If I was PA, I'd be signing a contract extension like now.

I doubt there's any Canuck fan that actually thinks Tryamkin is even close to performing like Zadorav. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I doubt there's any Canuck fan that actually thinks Tryamkin is even close to performing like Zadorav. 

Which is ironic because on CDC you'd think he was the second coming of Bobby Orr.

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm not bandwagoning or opponent disrespecting.

My honest hockey assessment of the Oilers is that they are a peaky and flawed team. And it showed in their regular season. Even at the end they lost to CBJ and the Preds. 

It's just so strange that we won the division and lost 4 in a row once. And yet we are the big underdogs according to the experts. 

The Oilers were out of the playoffs in the first quarter and had a mid season coaching change. Knob looks to me like the Sheldon Keefe of the west. 

But hey , anything can happen in the playoffs. We might get swept. We might sweep them. 

Yeah, it's pretty strange.  They still only have one NHL quality blueliner in Ekholm.  Bouchard is so much of a defensive liability he belongs in the ECHL and Nurse belongs in the PWHL with his inability to play like a man.  Remainder is AHL trash, and their goalies are all NHL/AHL tweeners.  Add in a captain who refuses to backcheck, dives at every opportunity, and throws tantrums every single game, and it's baffling that people think this joke of a team isn't going to be exposed as the frauds that they are.  Just have to hit McDiver at every opportunity and give that gutless coward something to really cry about.

Only way the Oilers have a chance is if the refs decide to rig another series.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well spoken as always...

Especially like he didn't get dragged into the trap regarding oilers, just after a win...

The reporter was fishing for something, from a player on a high, but Hughes didn't bite... Boy is he ever smart... great captain.

25 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That's great!

----------------------------

Yeah, it's hard not to see them when it takes up 40% of the board. lol. 21 posts I've seen you deriding people's viewpoints and zero actual posts regarding your claims of people picking the Oilers over the Canucks. 

Excited Star Wars GIF

That's great. Thanks for doing that. I appreciate the all-in-one round up. It's all now easier to read all in one post.

Hope it made you feel better. It made me feel better. 

chewiethanks2.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop&hei

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

They are 0-4 because three of those games were against the Woodcroft Oiler sin the beginning of the year.  Do you honestly think that team is the same team 6 months later?  Honestly?

Dude did you watch those games?  It's not like their team was much different from last season either.    They came in as the darlings to go to the final in the West, and weren't ready.   We kicked their butts.   It's the last game that we need to consider.    They rested guys, we didn't much other then De-Smith (which made a lot of sense at that point).   Nothing the Oilers has done the past few years against us is "scary".    Don't feel that they will match our physicality either.   And EP will enjoy playing against them a lot more than NSH.   Actually most of the team will feel that way aside from maybe the PKers.     

Edit:  Two things that concern me about the Oilers are:

1.  They are whiners and divers.   And suspect there could be extra PP's as a result.    They use what they have and McDavid, like Gretzky before him, has a lot of sway in the league now.    Still it's not the regular season so don't expect too many whistles - plus Tochett already has dialed our troops in not taking extra penalties, no Demko.

2.   They have guys on their team who will try and injure our players.  Dirty.   Zadorov might again be a key component, same with Joshua. 

That's it.   5 x 5 we proved LAST year we could play with these guys.   This year even more so.   MckInnon and Rantanen scare me more than McJesus and Drydick. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I also just want to say... fuck all those super cocky Predators fans on twitter who in the lead up to the playoffs before the matches were set kept saying they really badly want to play the Canucks because they are by far the easiest opponent and the one team they are absolutely confident the Preds would beat!. Those guys must feel so dumb right now. 

Sounds just like Coiler fans now.

How sweet it will be to see their crestfallen faces when we win that fourth game. 

We're gonna do the double sweep!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Which is ironic because on CDC you'd think he was the second coming of Bobby Orr.

Yes, some did have high praise for him, but I never heard Bobby Orr mentioned😵

I'm actually really looking forward to this series. I already have Oilers friends chirping my socials this morning. All in good fun but I do believe we can beat them.

Better D, deeper in goal, we can play the heavy forecheck, and we can adapt better. Like others have said, we have more dimensions to our game. 

It's going to be really difficult to contain the Oilers PP and offensive threats. We HAVE TO stay out of the box as much as possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm actually really looking forward to this series. I already have Oilers friends chirping my socials this morning. All in good fun but I do believe we can beat them.

Better D, deeper in goal, we can play the heavy forecheck, and we can adapt better. Like others have said, we have more dimensions to our game. 

It's going to be really difficult to contain the Oilers PP and offensive threats. We HAVE TO stay out of the box as much as possible.

I'm laughing at people thinking they're anywhere near as defensively sound as Nashville, as well as we really keyed in on Forsberg and Josi, holding them to one goal a piece. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Dude did you watch those games?  It's not like their team was much different from last season either.    They came in as the darlings to go to the final in the West, and weren't ready.   We kicked their butts.   It's the last game that we need to consider.    They rested guys, we didn't much other then De-Smith (which made a lot of sense at that point).   Nothing the Oilers has done the past few years against us is "scary".    Don't feel that they will match our physicality either.   And EP will enjoy playing against them a lot more than NSH.   Actually most of the team will feel that way aside from maybe the PKers.     

I actually think that the way the Canucks dismantled the oilers in the first 2 games of the season was the catalyst that led to their down swing for several weeks.  Game 1 of the season i think they came here and took the Canucks lightly, the Canucks railroaded them.  McGolden boy was even whining after the game about how the Canucks trotted out their top line pp unit when the score was a little out of hand - rather amusing coming from a guy that plays the whole 2 minutes of almost every power play every game.  Game 2 comes along in Edmonton and this is their chance to get back at the Canucks and they failed.  Enough to put some doubt in their head.  They went on that downswing for several weeks after that, even being trounced by the lowly Sharks at their worst - probably the breaking point that cost Woodcroft his job.

Just now, Pears said:

I'm laughing at people thinking they're anywhere near as defensively sound as Nashville, as well as we really keyed in on Forsberg and Josi, holding them to one goal a piece. 

Exactly. Plus this past series just elevated and optimized our D to another level. We'll be harder to play against. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

15 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think we just play like we did against Nashville and let the offence come off turnovers and counter punches.

That's LA's game they beat us with, and got slaughterd by EDM with. I think we die on the vine we won on in Nash. IMO they should stay on them, be aggressive don't surrender the neutral zone, defense starts at their blueline ("Boudreau") meet pressure with pressure ("Tocchet"). 

They play in their own zone like their on the PK. Smother them. If we start trying to shell around Sliovs they'll pick our bones. 

• ThereItIs 1