[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

only the first game of the season?? we won every game against them: 

canucks oilers.jpg

Yeah, but I am hoping we put up a touchdown. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Just rewatching the game:

Garland got crosschecked by Josi at the end of the 2nd period the exact same way as that Lindholm hit got called a penalty in the last minute of the game.

Yeah it's nothing new.. 

The reffing was seriously lopsided this round. I remember some vicious cross checks on Petey that weren't called all series. 

Funny how in an elimination game for the Preds, penalties were 3-0 in their favor and all 6 min were disputable. 

NHL knows if they called it even, series would have been a sweep. 

I almost feel like the Canucks are playing possum about how good they are and winning games so late in the game that the refs can't influence it much. 

It's really all about money at the end of the day. I hope their business analysts find that Vancouver staying in the playoffs brings more revenue than Mcdavid in the playoffs. That's the only way they'll ignore the Mcdavid dives. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hammertime said:

image.thumb.png.2f4f11c2bd576a414ddddedc752d91aa.png

To be fair yes the Canucks have done well this year against the Oil but don't be over confident. They have actually played some pretty good D this year as a group. Much like how LA had our number and EDM had LA's I'm hoping we have EDM's.  

Edmonton had one of the weaker schedules all year. There were well below .500 against top 11 teams.  We will see how they do with one of the best teams in the league in a potential 7 game series.  I don’t think it’s going 7 though.  I can see the Canucks closing it out in 5.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah exactly, inconsistency is the issue everyone has! 

Yes that main issue isn't that they weren't penalties. The issue is, where were those calls all series? 

Why just against us? 

What was the actual PP differential this series? 

Its not like Nashville dominated o zone / posession time that would somewhat bring more context to the discrepancy in special teams times... Besides the one game that Nashville controlled (but we won) I would say it's been fairly even.

did they have the advantage in PP time all 6 games? 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

It's so nice not to have this nagging worry in the back of my mind any more about blowing a 3-1 lead and having it be 2003 all over again lol. 

I had this eerie feeling as well. Blowing a 3-1 series lead to a plucky, well-coached team. Biggest difference to me in this situation, however, was that these guys remained humble, while that WCE team got too cocky.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Pretty sure they studied the tape of LA Kings against us and tried to clog it up. 

They can look at clogging it up all they want but they don't have the horses for that kind of game. If the Oilers and their coaching stuff are dumb enough to switch their play style from high octane offense to a trap game, it will be a recipe for disaster and cake walk for us. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Tocchet is FORCED to juggle his lines by a game situation...  so out comes Pettersson, Boeser and Suter...

AND THEY SCORE.

Hmmmm....  could it be that was what Tocchet needed to do in the first place????????

Anyway, on the 2nd round... and I really hope Tocchet gets his coaching hat on and starts to think about matchups and lines.

Tocchet coached this series superbly. Just give it a rest. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2