[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

1 hour ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Canucks playing with house money now. Season more than a success with a first round win.

For me, it's all gravy now, I wanted to see them win a round.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

If you know that's how they're calling it, it's up to you not out yourself in those situations.  Ant that's pretty hyperbolic, I doubt you'll see many more calls than normal 

We all know McWhiner Baby and the Coilers (who play in the ugliest city in the world and have the biggest losers for fans) will be given a lot of free power players that are not deserved. It’s the only way the league can manage to keep our great 109 point team from dispatching the Soilers in three games! 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

In the exact same way you are not giving enough credit to Kris Knoblauch for transforming EDM's defensive structure, I see now you are not giving Rick Tocchet enough credit for doing the same.  We were winning games at the same clip with guys like Beauvillier and Kuzmenko as we have with Zadorov and Lindholm.  Hell, this forum had major buyer's remorse when Lindy was struggling (before injury).

Don't underestimate what a completely new coaching staff can do to a team.  Even scrubs like Nurse and Brown have been playing extremely disciplined hockey.

The Oilers have been a top 5 team (or better) since December..........the Canucks are going to have to play much better in this series to win games, no doubt about that 

15 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

So much for sleeping in. Had to wake up and watch highlights again 🙂

Me to. Not only that but this is such a uplifting place to be after a big win like last night.

I thrive off of positivity. I shall have a really good day.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

The Oilers have been a top 5 team (or better) since December..........the Canucks are going to have to play much better in this series to win games, no doubt about that 

Coilers are cake eaters image.jpeg.c9a91b56be727ae819c178d0ffe941ad.jpeg

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Preds the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs? But yes, it will be an upset if Canucks can pull this one off.

1 minute ago, Pastafarian said:

Preds the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs? But yes, it will be an upset if Canucks can pull this one off.

The Preds had their streak, but were 4-5-1 going in.  They had some good veteran players with playoff experience though.  

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

For me, it's all gravy now, I wanted to see them win a round.

They’re pretty heavy underdogs. I expect that they’ll loosen up psychologically and the same goes for the fan base. 

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

They’re pretty heavy underdogs. I expect that they’ll loosen up psychologically and the same goes for the fan base. 

I think they're kind of playing with house money now, with a series win under their belt.  There was a lot of pressure on this group to get out of round 1 after the season they had and now that pressure is gone.  

Oh my gosh! I watched the first 2 periods, then had to leave to watch my son’s soccer game. PVR didn’t record (time to upgrade) so I came here to get the score! And holy crap was I proud!! Wahoo!!!

Go Canucks Go!!! YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

And in honour of 2 of our awesome players, here’s some Hugo Boss

IMG_0486.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

Oh my gosh! I watched the first 2 periods, then had to leave to watch my son’s soccer game. PVR didn’t record (time to upgrade) so I came here to get the score! And holy crap was I proud!! Wahoo!!!

Go Canucks Go!!! YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

And in honour of 2 of our awesome players, here’s some Hugo Boss

IMG_0486.png

OMG fans should buy that and where it to game one!

Spread the word!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

And here comes Zadorov and McDiver is toast....

There were many times this round where Hughes and Petey got hit super late after getting rid of the puck. I think Mcdiver deserves the same treatment. 

They need to hit him every chance they get. 

Hughes was great an evading hits but he's only human. When refs let players hit him 5 strides after distributing the puck, there isn't a player that can avoid being hit. 

We need to compile a Hughes hits video and do the same thing to Mcdavid. 

It was pretty disgusting what the refs allowed this past round. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I had this eerie feeling as well. Blowing a 3-1 series lead to a plucky, well-coached team. Biggest difference to me in this situation, however, was that these guys remained humble, while that WCE team got too cocky.

Agreed 100%. They seemed to stay focused and realized that it wasn’t over yet. 

32 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

This is great news. I was afraid it would be Monday as JT eluded to. The team probably wrapped their minds around the Monday game and are now probably pumped to get the extra day to reset physically and mentally. Awesome. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, stawns said:

The Preds had their streak, but were 4-5-1 going in.  They had some good veteran players with playoff experience though.  

Quit cherry picking

if you discredit the preds with their last 10, you need to discredit the oilers in their last 10 of 4-4-2

feb-end of season

preds 21/7/3 good for 3rd

oilers 20/12/5 good for 12th 

van 17/12/4 good for 16th

If anything this shows the canucks punched above 

Jan - end

oilers 31/12/5 good for 2nd

Van 27/13/6 good for 7th

preds 27/14/4 good for 10th

taking these numbers into account, the oilers have been trending down hard while the pred trended up 

you should really use stats when making bold claims

even super simple stats like these ones provides more legitimacy to an argument 

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

@-dlc- was there?

Looks sold out.  Awesome 

It was AMAZING!!! OMG the atmosphere.

I was in the wheelchair section with a friend and at the end of the game the guy to our left went running behind all the seats waving his towel like a maniac. Whacked me in the eye but I took one for the team. A couple of awesome service dogs up there cheering the team on (yes, they were so).

The place was crazy afterward...outside the arena a huge crowd was going nuts. I loved it!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1