[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

I also just want to say... fuck all those super cocky Predators fans on twitter who in the lead up to the playoffs before the matches were set kept saying they really badly want to play the Canucks because they are by far the easiest opponent and the one team they are absolutely confident the Preds would beat!. Those guys must feel so dumb right now. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

You have more posts alone about the your Dr.Crossbar Positive Posters Brigade vs Canucksfanforlife82 Wet Blanket All-stars struggle 🧐😆, then there have been Oiler support posts. I haven't read one single such comment since I got up an hour ago but I've read about 4 of yours. Haha.

Whatever floats your boat but you're actually helping perpetuate this side show (spam).

------------

As for the hockey part really glad Vegas won and we should get a couple days to rest, heal, and prepare for a wild series. I know a couple Oilers fans, not aholes though, so that'll be interesting. 

That's great!

I'm really, really glad you read them and saw them. That makes my day. There are even more for you to read. Enjoy! 

😉

------

Also really glad we got the first round monkey off our backs when so many said for years that we were nothing but a first round team. 

So glad!

Bring on the Oilers! They're a good team. We have their number. No excuses.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm not going to slog through 34 pages, but I'm going to assume that the Giraffe has been getting credit for what might have been a game saving block in the final seconds?

Hard to know for sure if it would have gone in, but thanks to TM, we didn't find out....

Now, do the same thing to Dry Saddle.....

15 hours ago, Grinch said:

Oilers stomped LA 

LA stomped nucks 

got our work cut out 

Yeah but we stomped the Oilers.  If A beats B and B beats C it doesn't mean that A beats C.  It won't be easy but I like our chances.  We're the better team, they should be afraid of us.  Go Canucks Go!

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Toni Zamboni said:

we got a lot of quality chances
im glad the Boeser missed backhand isnt gonna haunt us
good that Suter got the monkey off his back
i guess we gotta play Petey with Suter now for next series 😛

Not sure how you meant it but just wanted to point out Boeser didn't actually miss the shot, Saros saved it. I thought he should have shot right away in retrospect but good play all around by all players.

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Respecting your opponent doesn’t mean you don’t believe in your team. Some posters are getting it twisted.

Yeah very twisted logic indeed. There is no denying Edmonton is coming in hot in all areas of the game pretty much. It's going to be tough to beat them. Saying this doesn't make me an Oilers fan or not believe we can beat them. We can and hopefully will.  It's funny but some people take their own posts as super important like as if the team reads them all and it makes a difference how positive you are. It doesn't, acknowledging the strengths of the other team is not the same as supporting them. It's just being an intelligent hockey fan.

There are the couple posters insisting we swept Edmonton, their defence is weak, and goalie sucks, and stars are floaters. As if repeating that over and over on a message board makes it remotely true or will come true. :picard:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, MathIsFun said:

You mean that the "Transitive Law" only works in Math, but not hockey??

That's right.  Hockey works on its own principles.  GCG!

1 hour ago, Darius said:

et le but! 

We might be getting Singh but at least we are’t getting those trash americans who cant keep up with who has the puck

Obviously Shorty was the best, but the French dude has some charisma

in the end we are lucky that sports net has such skilled announcers

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Never change Kevin...

They tried to make it sound as if Canucks only beat them at the start of the season... He wasn't having it...

Lets bury those whiny bitches...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Yeah but we stomped the Oilers.  If A beats B and B beats C it doesn't mean that A beats C.  It won't be easy but I like our chances.  We're the better team, they should be afraid of us.  Go Canucks Go!

Genesis has the correct equation…

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

We might be getting Singh but at least we are’t getting those trash americans who cant keep up with who has the puck

Obviously Shorty was the best, but the French dude has some charisma

in the end we are lucky that sports net has such skilled announcers

Must admit that I kinda like the French play by play even though I dont understand most of it.  Brings me back to my youth when they would force feed us Laffs virtually every saturday and Id flip it to the french CBC Habs hockey game to get a break...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Can't wait to see them hammer McD constantly... he will lose his rag... He likes to start it up, and then wait for everyone else to help him out... Against MDG he didn't get immediate help and turtled out... 

what a wuss

if Mcdavid is going to go after a guy, drop the gloves

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Must admit that I kinda like the French play by play even though I dont understand most of it.  Brings me back to my youth when they would force feed us Laffs virtually every saturday and Id flip it to the french CBC Habs hockey game to get a break...

He was super quick and right on top of the play and the names.

I can always tell who does their homework, knowing the names of both rosters is such a high benchmark that shorty has set for me

i recall an interview years ago with him saying he goes out of his way to learn the proper pronunciation of the weirder names

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This might be unpopular to the Tram Fan Boys on here. But Zads is everything we wanted in Tram and more. He can defend, he's a freight train on skates, he can shoot and even score. On top of it all, he seems to be a standout guy on and off the ice. If I was PA, I'd be signing a contract extension like now.

I'm confident we can make it work. They see his impact. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IBatch said:

It's She-Lovs.   Same though. 

I heard it wasn't Shelovs. So what is it ?

Shorthouse does the she ever so slightly. He goes 50/50 on it 

13 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

How many "textbook" calls were ignored by the striped mafia when the Preds commited them?  Zero penalties called vs the Preds is a Joke.

it's usually the case they'll call the one that negates a scoring opportunity. The game was counting down when the crosscheck forced the puck out of the zone, so situationally I would agree with the call.