[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

You remember Phill...the guy that ran back to the KHL 'cause he didn't want to put the time or

work into becoming an NHL?

Yeah, I do. He had his chance and he blew it. 

No time like the present to re-sign Zadorov. 

3 hours ago, Johnny said:

No clip, but boeser flipped the puck into the offensive zone, watched it while his stick was in the air and the preds player skated into it while going for the hit.

my questions would be

- how much time before a follow through is no longer recognized

- how much time before a hit becomes a late hit

I would say that they should both be given the same amount of time so its either both a highstick and an interference or no call on either

Was watching the TNT feed, sadly. There was talk about follow through, but the slow replay from another angle showed follow through and then a change of direction on the stick, IIRC bracing for the hit. Deserved a penalty.

was disappointed with 4 mins, since it didn't look bad enough to draw blood. Shit happens. Some high sticks look insanely violent and don't draw blood. We weren't so lucky there.

But what a nice PK it was! 4 mins, and we had the best chance to score. Would've done wonders for Petey's confidence if he had roofed that one.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I doubt there's any Canuck fan that actually thinks Tryamkin is even close to performing like Zadorav. 

The Tram man sucked…

Zad is a massive upgrade 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Was watching the TNT feed, sadly. There was talk about follow through, but the slow replay from another angle showed follow through and then a change of direction on the stick, IIRC bracing for the hit. Deserved a penalty.

was disappointed with 4 mins, since it didn't look bad enough to draw blood. Shit happens. Some high sticks look insanely violent and don't draw blood. We weren't so lucky there.

But what a nice PK it was! 4 mins, and we had the best chance to score. Would've done wonders for Petey's confidence if he had roofed that one.

Petey looked good on the play he made that helped set up the gwg…

dude is coming around…

• Upvote 1

Oilers fans:  Hells yeah! We get to play the Canucks!

McDavid: Aww fuck, we have to play the Canucks.

The regular season games mean nothing, though. This is a much better Oilers team than the one the Canucks played earlier in the season. But saying that, McDavid will be faced with a task playing against the Canucks Big Ds.

McDiver vs the Canucks PK.  Gonna be a battle.

I also love that this is a clean slate for the Canucks. Petey and others have a chance to redeem themselves. 

• Wiener 1

4 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

dude is coming around…

I actually noticed how he sidestepped the predator to get the puck and thought he’s starting to come around before Boeser even received Pettersson’s pass. It was a really shifty move on his part indicating he’s got his thinking game back. 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

The Tram man sucked…

Zad is a massive upgrade 

I mean what's done is done. Zad is the player now that we hoped tram would be for us. We should absolutely get a deal done. I still see Pod as a big time future player for this club too. 

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

There were many times this round where Hughes and Petey got hit super late after getting rid of the puck. I think Mcdiver deserves the same treatment. 

They need to hit him every chance they get. 

Hughes was great an evading hits but he's only human. When refs let players hit him 5 strides after distributing the puck, there isn't a player that can avoid being hit. 

We need to compile a Hughes hits video and do the same thing to Mcdavid. 

It was pretty disgusting what the refs allowed this past round. 

Stripes won't allow us a late hit. Remember Rome was suspended for being a millisecond late.

And yes I can't let that go.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Sounds just like Coiler fans now.

How sweet it will be to see their crestfallen faces when we win that fourth game. 

We're gonna do the double sweep!

maxresdefault.jpg

Personally I hope that Oiler fans keep doing this because It will make it that much more shocking and upsetting for Oiler nation if they end up losing, And also because the Oilers are the team with all of the pressure on them in this upcoming series and the Canucks have no pressure and that should make it even worse in that regard.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Personally I hope that Oiler fans keep doing this because It will make it that much more shocking and upsetting for Oiler nation if they end up losing, And also because the Oilers are the team with all of the pressure on them in this upcoming series and the Canucks have no pressure and that should make it even worse in that regard.

Exactly this. It will be all the sweeter.

I'm completely fine going in as perceived underdogs and underestimated. It's been happening all season. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

My friend is an Oilers fan he messaged saying get your broom stick out lol

This is going to be a close series. I think Oilers are the favorite to win but it could go either way. 

No sweep from either team in this series.. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

My friend is an Oilers fan he messaged saying get your broom stick out lol

This is going to be a close series. I think Oilers are the favorite to win but it could go either way. 

No sweep from either team in this series.. 

I'm getting the same thing. I'm like ... let's get it on. No excuses! No McWhining!

• Upvote 1

McD and Draitsal and a little less Hymen are major talents...their supporting cast will have to step up.....overall I take the Canuck talent as a cohesive team but those two easily can take over a game....match up strategy will be crucial

48 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

dude is coming around…

Sure hope so, it was hard watching him struggle, and harder not knowing why. There were a few nice plays he had last night. Hope some rest and the different opponent makes the difference!

46 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Over the millennia most species have adapted to survive and to  pass their genes on to successive generations. 

The genus Giraffa however has technically “devolved” with its reproductive organs continually becoming lower to the ground and more exposed to predators. 

10,000 years ago  Chaos’ balls would have been well out of range and not targeted. 

IMG_9923.thumb.jpeg.0e77da727fbab54f1a077dc581b75ad8.jpeg

Myers work was instrumental in the series win and is most appreciated. 

Think they need to add this picture in there with probably the save of the century 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Stripes won't allow us a late hit. Remember Rome was suspended for being a millisecond late.

And yes I can't let that go.

Especially against a star player like McD.  With the Oilers' PP working so well, it would be foolish for

the Canucks to risk taking a penalty.  Clean hits are the only way to go and we have players that

can do that.  I guy like Zads comes to mind, who is also a great skater.  JT can also do the trick,

as well as irritate McD with the tight checking he is so good at.

I think the Oilers will be a better match for EP.  I am expecting to see a good performance from him

in the next few games; probably Hogs as well.

• Like 1