[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

both calls against us were shite. Boeser didn't have any responsibility there for buddy skating into his follow through. 

John Garret called Nyquist "Greg Louganis" 😂

These are the things I think about when I see people type "We need to stay out of the penalty box". How the hell are you supposed to do that with some of these crazy calls. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Joe King said:

These are the things I think about when I see people type "We need to stay out of the penalty box". How the hell are you supposed to do that with some of these crazy calls. 

dunno, probably can't. So you have to really try and not take anything outside of the inevitable bad calls, that usually both teams get to some degree, except last night, apparently cross checking Garly is OK 😆

right up to the last minute I was OK with how the series was called, not a perfect gem but they did OK.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

both calls against us were shite. Boeser didn't have any responsibility there for buddy skating into his follow through. 

John Garret called Nyquist "Greg Louganis" 😂

I can almost see a Canuck player deliberately ramming his head into an Oiler elbow and demanding an Oiler penalty.

Same set of circumstances, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

dunno, probably can't. So you have to really try and not take anything outside of the inevitable bad calls, that usually both teams get to some degree, except last night, apparently cross checking Garly is OK 😆

right up to the last minute I was OK with how the series was called, not a perfect gem but they did OK.

Would you still feel ok if the preds scored on that last minute power play. I know I would have been fuming if they scored. It just seemed to convenient a call, considering all the non calls during that game.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The difference will be number of blocked shot attempts. Vancouver will find it a lot easier to get pucks on the net. I'm hoping Petey just ramps up in game 1 and just shots from everywhere. And gets his mojo back.

Yes, fewer shot blocks from edm should allow more shots to get on net. But, more importantly, Edm doesn't send 3 guys at every puck (which should also give us more space to operate), and strong positional play should also lead to more counter rush opportunities. 

• Like 1

Henrique - McDavid - Hyman
Nugent-Hopkins - Draisaitl - Kane
Holloway - McLeod - Perry
Foegele - Ryan - Janmark

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner
Pickard

Suter Miller  Boeser

Hoglander  Pettersson Mikheyev

Dakota Joshua Elias Lindholm Garland

Di Giuseppe  Blueger  Sam Lafferty

Hughes Hronek

Soucy  Myers

Cole Zadorov

Arturs Silovs

Casey DeSmith

line 1 - oilers 

line 2 - oilers 

line 3 - Canucks 

line 4 - Canucks 

D1 - Canucks 

D2 - Canucks 

D3 - Canucks 

G- Canucks

stop line 1 and 2 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Would you still feel ok if the preds scored on that last minute power play. I know I would have been fuming if they scored. It just seemed to convenient a call, considering all the non calls during that game.

No because out of the entire series that was by far the worst call. Saved it for last I guess 😄 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, it's pretty strange.  They still only have one NHL quality blueliner in Ekholm.  Bouchard is so much of a defensive liability he belongs in the ECHL and Nurse belongs in the PWHL with his inability to play like a man.  Remainder is AHL trash, and their goalies are all NHL/AHL tweeners.  Add in a captain who refuses to backcheck, dives at every opportunity, and throws tantrums every single game, and it's baffling that people think this joke of a team isn't going to be exposed as the frauds that they are.  Just have to hit McDiver at every opportunity and give that gutless coward something to really cry about.

Only way the Oilers have a chance is if the refs decide to rig another series.

Yup, 2 things I can guarantee is a Drais cheapshot crosscheck and a Nurse cheapshot cross check. 

Will the refs call it? 

Probably not.... 

I don't remember a game where they didn't cross check or slash one of our players

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Inkidu said:

it's usually the case they'll call the one that negates a scoring opportunity. The game was counting down when the crosscheck forced the puck out of the zone, so situationally I would agree with the call. 

Gotta love those "situational" calls. Nothing like leaving the rules up to the refs to interpret when to call penalties and when to ignore it. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, spook007 said:

Can't wait to see them hammer McD constantly... he will lose his rag... He likes to start it up, and then wait for everyone else to help him out... Against MDG he didn't get immediate help and turtled out... 

I hope when Mcdavid starts it, our bigger guys like DJ, Myers Z Soucy Cole Miller grabs their other guys like Nurse and Hyman and frees up one guy to pummel Mcdavid. 

Would love to see a line brawl early in the series to let them know we are going to own them physically if they want to go that route. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

If player A gets a high sticking penalty because player B skated into the stick, which did not seem to be moving--can player C force an elbowing call against player D if player C hits that elbow with his head?

That penalty was just wacked imo.

Until I saw that slo-mo angle, I thought it was BS too. If you brace for a hit, raise your stick up, and catch the guy in the face, more often than not, it will get called. It wasn't follow through anymore.

Happy to reconsider if I saw more replays, including the one I am referring to.

I'm more bummed about some missed calls that would have benefited us, but in the end, we came out on top... where we deserved to be.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Why is the title of this thread Canucks vs Predophiles 

This is completely inappropriate.  Title should be changed. 

It's OK to have fun with the title but not this.. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This might be unpopular to the Tram Fan Boys on here. But Zads is everything we wanted in Tram and more. He can defend, he's a freight train on skates, he can shoot and even score. On top of it all, he seems to be a standout guy on and off the ice. If I was PA, I'd be signing a contract extension like now.

And drop the gloves!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Henrique - McDavid - Hyman
Nugent-Hopkins - Draisaitl - Kane
Holloway - McLeod - Perry
Foegele - Ryan - Janmark

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner
Pickard

Suter Miller  Boeser

Hoglander  Pettersson Mikheyev

Dakota Joshua Elias Lindholm Garland

Di Giuseppe  Blueger  Sam Lafferty

Hughes Hronek

Soucy  Myers

Cole Zadorov

Arturs Silovs

Casey DeSmith

line 1 - oilers 

line 2 - oilers 

line 3 - Canucks 

line 4 - Canucks 

D1 - Canucks 

D2 - Canucks 

D3 - Canucks 

G- Canucks

stop line 1 and 2 

That Elblad Bouchard D pairing is pretty damn good. I'd put it even with Horonek Hughes. 

D pairings 2 and 3 we're better. 

Edited by WHL rocks

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why are they starting round 2 before round 1 is over? SO Mickey Mouse.

It’s almost like they’re cramming too many games in a short span or something…

Yup, I guess we could be playing the final while teams are signing UFAs….

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why are they starting round 2 before round 1 is over? SO Mickey Mouse.

It’s almost like they’re cramming too many games in a short span or something…

Likely has something to do with building availabilities and TV scheduling. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Then push it back in day.

It should never be that tight. Just feels cheesy to be starting a new round while the last one isn’t completed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Most likely this. Apparently VAN vs EDM starting Tuesday or Wednesday depends on which of Dallas or Vegas win tomorrow. The issue is building availability for Colorado. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Then push it back in day.

It should never be that tight. Just feels cheesy to be starting a new round while the last one isn’t completed.

No argument here. I agree. 

Although it does manage those instances where one team potentially has a week or more off.