[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

who cares. I mean really, so sports talk gets "toxic". With that a $3 you can ride the bus. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hello! McFly! 
We are on a Canuck’s message board. Why would any Soiler fans be here to read our posts? Why would we be on their board? 
They stink. Their city stinks. Maybe not so bad as Cowgary, but it stinks! 

Yeah I'm not suggesting it's some terrible thing that's going to happen.  I'm just saying there's gonna be a LOT of salt going around if this series goes to a game 7.  Both fanbases are going to fucking hate every little thing our opponent does.  You don't think they are going to despise Zadorov/Joshua after seven games?  You don't think we will despise Perry/Kane after seven games?  

There is no greater embarrassment in Canadian hockey than losing to another Canadian rival in the playoffs.  Even if we win in 7, I'll still be salty as fuck about it.  That's hockey.  That's sports.  It gets comical when certain people try to spin this as "just passion that some people don't understand".

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Can’t wait for all the Coilers to dive this series 

the whole team is taking a refresher course at head snapper U...

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Yeah I'm not suggesting it's some terrible thing that's going to happen.  I'm just saying there's gonna be a LOT of salt going around if this series goes to a game 7.  Both fanbases are going to fucking hate every little thing our opponent does.  You don't think they are going to despise Zadorov/Joshua after seven games?  You don't think we will despise Perry/Kane after seven games?  

There is no greater embarrassment in Canadian hockey than losing to another Canadian rival in the playoffs.  Even if we win in 7, I'll still be salty as fuck about it.  That's hockey.  That's sports.  It gets comical when certain people try to spin this as "just passion that some people don't understand".

Alf hates Perry and Kane already. Alf hates all the Coilers, their fans, and their city. No need for any playoff series to hate those smelly buggars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

For me, I don’t see why we’d break up Suter-Miller-Boeser as they’ve been fabulous.  Same with Garland-Lindholm-Joshua.

Petey is just going to have to figure it out with Hoglander and Mikheyev. They’ve had some chances and stuff. Just need to start burying them.

I do agree, that Tochett may just keep them together, make them figure it out. 

• Cheers 2

Heart says Canucks cN win this series and brain says listen to your heart so it’s settled.

Canucks against the popular odds beat the Oilers and the tears of salty EDM fans powers me up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's going to be tough to beat Connie with the refs stuck in his back pocket. Hoping the Canucks play the Oilers really physically with big, crushing hits. He's been injured recently, I believe it was lower body (foot or ankle?). Maybe the Canucks should fire shots at his skates. That'll slow him down or take him out. 

• Cheers 1

So McD thinks playing in Vancouver will be like a Battle of Alberta game.  None of the Oilers have experienced White Towel Power and the noise and frenzy that produces.  They're in for a rude awakening 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Googlie said:

So McD thinks playing in Vancouver will be like a Battle of Alberta game.  None of the Oilers have experienced White Towel Power and the noise and frenzy that produces.  They're in for a rude awakening 

I think that was an insult, he called us Calgary. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Long as we hit mcbaby and Leon lots it will get them iff their game which will allow us to take charge.

They seem to not play us well,so we should win.

as PP calls go, so shall the series likely. If the ref's want to make it a special teams battle its going to be tougher for sure. But, Lindholm is a defensive beast and knows diver as well as anyone. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

despite what the fan base and local media says, the mcbabies can't put out the same level of defensive effort that Nashville did. 

I agree, but they're also not nearly as bad as some people make them out to be.  After the coaching change, they tightened right up.   They were also 100% on the pk against the Kings.

19 hours ago, Mando27 said:

My blind homerism says Canucks in 5, but we are missing our starting goalie.

Rest demko up we need him for the rangers series and Boston finals..... silovs will take us there and demko will finish it.  Silovs will help us with our first ever Stanley... like he helped his team won there first ever championship... gonna be even and fair reffing cause it's both canadian teams.  Either or will make it and I sure hope canucks will surpass deadmonton. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, but they're also not nearly as bad as some people make them out to be.  After the coaching change, they tightened right up.   They were also 100% on the pk against the Kings.

They have but everything is a tradeoff. They can't play as physical as NSH either, which should give Petey more space. They will target Hughes as much as possible tho.

• ThereItIs 1

27 minutes ago, mikey said:

Rest demko up we need him for the rangers series and Boston finals..... silovs will take us there and demko will finish it.  Silovs will help us with our first ever Stanley... like he helped his team won there first ever championship... gonna be even and fair reffing cause it's both canadian teams.  Either or will make it and I sure hope canucks will surpass deadmonton. 

I like your optimism that it'll be an evenly reffed series. Ain't gonna happen, but I like your optimism

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1