[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, -dlc- said:

I'm really glad the guys finished this off without needing an extra game tomorrow. Huggy looks absolutely exhausted - that series was a tough one for him.

As much as I hate waiting for the game, it's a good (brief) recovery period. They really did themselves a favour by getting it done.

Same here. Was thinking about that today. Will also get good time to adjust, study video, prepare. It's not too long to get too cold but just long enough to recover and reset.

• ThereItIs 2

Can Vancouver media constantly start bringing up kanes checkered past. What his wife (or gf i forget) accused him of doing, his covid nonsense. Distract the oilers with that crap that'll teach them for signing pieces of shit. And perry. Lots of perry banging bedards mom signs should be at game 1 at their bench. (I know its not true but who cares) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

If you were the public representative of what it means to be a Canucks fan, I would be embarrassed.  Your greatest opponent is the officials, not the other team.  When we win or score, you think it's a victory against the officials.  When we lose, it's DEFINITELY the officials' fault.  I don't even know how you can even enjoy watching hockey when you think the entire sport is one great big referee conspiracy against Vancouver.  

You would be a shining example of what it means to be a toxic fan.  You're gonna call an Oiler a dirty cheat or diver at least 10 times a game.  You're gonna call out the officials for every single call/non-call on the Canucks, no matter how fair it is.  And if things get rough, you're gonna suggest our guys start headhunting McDrai.

Over half of your GDT/PGT posts are about officiating.  Enough.

The thing about officiating hockey is its the fastest sport in the world, and watching a slow motion replay shows some of there non-calls, or penalties that shouldn't be, mistakes , etc. Being on the ice and so many things happening at the same time and so fast passed, mistakes will happen. 

However there is no real black or white when calling penalties. Minus those stupid puck over the glass ones, and things like that. Think of a police officer seeing you going 61km in a 60km zone. Are you braking the law? Yes indeed, is the cop going to use his judgement and not give you a ticket? Yes.

The refs have that same judgement call as well in most cases. Cross checks, clutching and grabbing, hooking, are all in there judgement. 

Thing that really bothers me is they will call 4 straight penalties against one team, which were legit no controversy penalties. Then call a few penalties to the other team, that are no way considered penalties, to even it up a bit. Also drives be nuts when at the start of the game they either let a lot of stuff go, or call every little thing. OK cool now the players have an idea of how the refs going to call the game. Then in a blink of the eye, there polar opposite. If your going to be light on the whistle and let them play at the start of the game stick to it!! Vise versa if you start the game and call everything stick to it. 

There somehow needs to be less gray and more black or white. Also would help if the NHL invested more into the officials. The NFL has the best officiating in any sport, due to making sure they contentiously learn, grow, and improve, just like a player.

57 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I think if you do a pole, you'll find Shorthouse is rated the best in the busyness. There is only one else close. What is this pecking order?  If you mean he

sometimes he's on HNIC? Whatever, I think he's a crappy play by play announcer; Where's the contract?

what I mean is singh is employed by sportsnet as their second national play by play caller, behind chris cuthbert. shorthouse only gets called in for national broadcasts when necessary. they are employed in different positions. they aren't competing for this job, it is singh's by default. 

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Don't tell me what to do. 

Time to get back on topic.

I agree! Doubt anyone really deep down thought we would even make it into the playoffs this year. Now were in the frickin second round, lets celebrate and be happy nucks fans, especially with each other!!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Damn, I want the extra rest day for Hughes, but I hate Vegas. But I also hate Dallas. 

Not always a big fan of a sweep or winning in five, as you loose some of your momentum/swagger. But in this case I believe not only Hughs needs the rest, Boeser and obviously EP are nursing something. We all know Demko is close to, so more time the better, but that also means the oil are getting healthier to. 

2 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

Preds for most part play with grit and pride. Oilers on the hand, our players will have to watch out for cheap and dirty players like Nurse Perry Kane Draisaitl

Only one ill worry about is perry. Kane has a sports hernia send zad to destroy him. Nurse is a big p#$$y by game 2 he will hearing foot steps 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

Only one ill worry about is perry. Kane has a sports hernia send zad to destroy him. Nurse is a big p#$$y by game 2 he will hearing foot steps 

Thanks was going to comment on Perry as well. Got a baaaad feeling he will be.... Corey Perry.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

the 19 peeps who voted for the Coilers to win the series should be banned for the series 😛

You gotta have some salt somewhere 

8 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

LA can't play offense 

They scored 256 goals during the season.

Only 23 less than we did.

Over the 82 game season, that's only just over 1 goal less than us every fourth game. 

LA scored 13 goals in 5 playoff games.

We scored 12 goals in 6 games. 

Edmonton scored 19 goals in 5 games.

As I stated, it's very clear what we have to do.

Start scoring more, and play disciplined hockey so we don't give their PP many chances. 

One big thing that stood out for me in the Nashville series was home ice was not an advantage to either team.

Nashville won their two games in our building.

We won three games in theirs.

Another relevant fact is that Edmonton's group has some playoff experience.

It was only two years ago they made the conference final. 

Finals/playoff experience matters.

I believe there biggest weakness is their. goalie's.

That has been our biggest strength.

Vezina calibre goalie gets injured, back up comes in and wins.

He is sick/injured, our young goalie of the future posts a shutout to win us the series.

Again I do believe we can win this series, teams can go on runs.

I am just happy this group, our team, has one series win under its belt.

Here's hoping we can beat Edmonton in this series.

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, tas said:

what I mean is singh is employed by sportsnet as their second national play by play caller, behind chris cuthbert. shorthouse only gets called in for national broadcasts when necessary. they are employed in different positions. they aren't competing for this job, it is singh's by default. 

I'm one of the few who don't mind singh.  Obviously I much prefer Shorty, but singh has definitely improved over his time on HNIC

39 minutes ago, Vancan said:

The thing about officiating hockey is its the fastest sport in the world, and watching a slow motion replay shows some of there non-calls, or penalties that shouldn't be, mistakes , etc. Being on the ice and so many things happening at the same time and so fast passed, mistakes will happen. 

However there is no real black or white when calling penalties. Minus those stupid puck over the glass ones, and things like that. Think of a police officer seeing you going 61km in a 60km zone. Are you braking the law? Yes indeed, is the cop going to use his judgement and not give you a ticket? Yes.

The refs have that same judgement call as well in most cases. Cross checks, clutching and grabbing, hooking, are all in there judgement. 

Thing that really bothers me is they will call 4 straight penalties against one team, which were legit no controversy penalties. Then call a few penalties to the other team, that are no way considered penalties, to even it up a bit. Also drives be nuts when at the start of the game they either let a lot of stuff go, or call every little thing. OK cool now the players have an idea of how the refs going to call the game. Then in a blink of the eye, there polar opposite. If your going to be light on the whistle and let them play at the start of the game stick to it!! Vise versa if you start the game and call everything stick to it. 

There somehow needs to be less gray and more black or white. Also would help if the NHL invested more into the officials. The NFL has the best officiating in any sport, due to making sure they contentiously learn, grow, and improve, just like a player.

People generally understand that some calls will be missed given the speed of the game. I think it's the blatant 'missed' calls that happen in front of the ref which seem to be dependent on the context of the game and who's winning/losing. Petey's tripping non call is a perfect example.