[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 hour ago, tas said:

bruce had a good record after taking over the canucks but he is ostensibly not a very good coach, either, and was completely out of his depth. 

Ostensibly, really? 20 seasons playing pro hockey, 15 seasons as an NHL head coach.

His record as a NHL head coach is 617-342-128. He is 22nd overall in NHL history for wins.

if that’s what you call ‘out of his depth’, I don’t do emojis but if I did it would be the face palm.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Ostensibly, really? 20 seasons playing pro hockey, 15 seasons as an NHL head coach.

His record as a NHL head coach is 617-342-128. He is 22nd overall in NHL history for wins.

if that’s what you call ‘out of his depth’, I don’t do emojis but if I did it would be the face palm.

had only one good playoff year tho. Great regular season coach tho. 

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

He was the ideal "placeholder" head coach imho (coach Bruce).  

Game is decided on the ice.  Not pundits predictions.  

NHL corgi is as accurate as any pundit.   

Last season.  Vegas won in 6. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Look at these losers!

image.thumb.jpeg.a5ad8ed231df45c31c26994ce67a5e17.jpeg

I mean…. After watching the first round I don’t blame them. I can see a path to a Canucks victory, but I wouldn’t be betting money on it at this point. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So "Dom" from the Athletic says his model gives the Canucks a 26% chance. 

He was wrong about us sweeping the Oily's in the regular season. He was wrong about us winning the Pacific. He was wrong about us beating Nashville. 

And wrong about the Norris winner being a "tier 3B" defenseman.  

• Huggy Bear 3

21 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Look at these losers!

image.thumb.jpeg.a5ad8ed231df45c31c26994ce67a5e17.jpeg

I was a bit surprised at this as well (95%) - look at all those 5 gamers - even Vegas has them at 70%+ - thought several more would give us a chance. 

Well, its not a bad thing to be an underdog - all the media pressure on the Oil I guess - will boil down to who executes their system better since they both know what they are going to do.  Lets work and try to take game 1 and go from there. 

justwin.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

yes, it is. there's a reason bruce's teams never did anything when it mattered. 

great guy. loved bruce. he was my choice to replace green as a short term injection of positivity. 

not a coach I'd ever choose to build my organization around. 

• Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

If you were the public representative of what it means to be a Canucks fan, I would be embarrassed.  Your greatest opponent is the officials, not the other team.  When we win or score, you think it's a victory against the officials.  When we lose, it's DEFINITELY the officials' fault.  I don't even know how you can even enjoy watching hockey when you think the entire sport is one great big referee conspiracy against Vancouver.  

You would be a shining example of what it means to be a toxic fan.  You're gonna call an Oiler a dirty cheat or diver at least 10 times a game.  You're gonna call out the officials for every single call/non-call on the Canucks, no matter how fair it is.  And if things get rough, you're gonna suggest our guys start headhunting McDrai.

Over half of your GDT/PGT posts are about officiating.  Enough.

Have a snickers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

friends sleep GIF
what my prediction for this series you ask……….?

That'll be McCrybaby whenever he comes within two feet of Zadorov. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

this is kind of interesting.... how much of an advantage is our coaching staff vs EDMs? 

Foote vs Coffey?

Foote has worked wonders with Myers and Juulsen, but equally, Coffey has done a similar job with Nurse and Bouchard

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Foote vs Coffey?

Foote has worked wonders with Myers and Juulsen, but equally, Coffey has done a similar job with Nurse and Bouchard

True, maybe. The only way to truly answer the question is a barn brawl between Oilers and Canucks coaches. We leave them in the dirt, lol.

• Haha 2