[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

One extra day of rest will do the Canucks a lot good because of a tough physical series against the Predators plus recovery from whatever travel and minor injures the Canucks going through.  I remember after game 7, Canucks has had to get back on a new series 2 days later so Dallas is going through similar, a quick turnaround.  It will only help the Canucks especially with Demko chance of returning, hopefully soon.  Let's keep the first two games at home with a lead, no split and we will have more confidence going forward.  It will be 5 days since the last game so a perfect amount of rest without any loss of rust plus the Oilers will have a lot of rust built in.  

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Yeah.  Before we played Nashville it was pretty clear the pundits have no idea what to make of us… and after beating Nashville without blowing them out, they’re still undecided.  Oilers are playing very well, though. 

This is where we build our reputation I guess - if we beat the Coil I doubt we’ll be easy underdogs next season. 

With that said, the two playoffs this core have participated in, they’ve won 3 series so far.  And took a powerhouse Vegas team to 7 in the loss.  Pretty stark contrast to the sad sack Leafs - and shows there’s some heart under the hood.

Yeah, this series will be a gut check moment for the team. Edmonton is strong and not the team we mollywhopped in Oct/Nov. I just think it's crazy how many pundits have us losing in 5 games. I feel like we can defend home ice at least twice. This feels more coin flip to me than a 4-1 gentleman's sweep for Edmonton.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

Getting no respect from Vegas bookies. 😡

IMG_3807.thumb.jpeg.34666a04df50547e055326696ba45316.jpeg

I never bet on sports.  Let them bet all they want.  Would be fun to see people lose money. 

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

They already have a ton of doubt, you could tell in their interviews.

Yup.  That's why winning game 1 would go a long way. 

Like Preds, who were 0-3 going into game 1.   Basically, Nux were 7-2 vs Preds this season. 5 wins in Nashville. 

At least Nux finally have national attention, even if oils are the favorites by betting and media. 

Nux will be team Canada in the third round. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

image.png.caf2b407fe759e7ad1f69e6d6faf562e.png

GODDAMN!!! I am so happy to have loved our Canucks all these years. We have some of the best fans in the hockey world ... kudos to you all. Here is a snippet of one Vegas forum I wandered on. No acknowledgement of Canucks just SKIPPED right over to "Hope Edmonton Beats Dallas"

Good luck next year Knights, look forward to PA/JR/Canucks Fans kicking the shit out of what is left of your Knights team once the LTIR works its way through the Cap Hit Table. I don't hate the Leafs, just dislike their arrogance. Knights have an arrogance than offends the nostrils like a fart from 3,250 lbs Hippo that ingested a 225 lbs man that ingested 3 lbs of Oysters that ingested 300 grams of Red Tide ... WOOHOO what a stench!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!! K Done Venting for the Night ... Just had to make sure the Vegas Toilet Swirlers Lost before I try and empty an @Alflives box of empties in one night. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Getting no respect from Vegas bookies. 😡

IMG_3807.thumb.jpeg.34666a04df50547e055326696ba45316.jpeg

That's fine.  In my opinion I really feel we are 1 effective Pettersson from moving into contention as 1 of the 3 top teams in the playoffs.  Problem is, I'm not sure that Petey is gonna show up this season anymore.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

One looks normal and one looks like a mad man, or he's got a spur up his a..

He looks like he's from Planet of the Apes.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's fine.  In my opinion I really feel we are 1 effective Pettersson from moving into contention as 1 of the 3 top teams in the playoffs.  Problem is, I'm not sure that Petey is gonna show up this season anymore.

He has to. If he doesn’t, it’ll make a huge dent in whatever legacy he’s hoping to make here. 

Miller, Hughes, Boeser, Zadorov, Silovs, and Myers have made the sacrifices and shown the spirit that pushed this team into the 2nd round. Time for Pettersson to engage and dominate. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1