[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Pettersson and his line need to start contributing or this series becomes a short one in Edmonton's favor.

Petey seem to find his legs a bit late in the series as did Hoglander and Mikheyev. But we can't afford them to have another slow start to this series. We need everyone all in and they are the lone trio that hasn't really made a mark this post season. We need more from them, and its time they show up in a big way Wednesday. Pettersson is the big swing factor in this series. Miller and Lindholm I think can win their matchup against McDavid and Draisaitl but thats when we need to capitalize on Pettersson vs McLeod.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slegr said:

The only two remaining Canadian teams and we still can’t get a Saturday night of Canucks playoff hockey. Stupid NHL.

Game 6, when we send Oilers packing up for summer, and empty their lockers is on a Saturday, so there's always that 😊

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, The Duke said:

Yeah.  Before we played Nashville it was pretty clear the pundits have no idea what to make of us… and after beating Nashville without blowing them out, they’re still undecided.  Oilers are playing very well, though. 

This is where we build our reputation I guess - if we beat the Coil I doubt we’ll be easy underdogs next season. 

With that said, the two playoffs this core have participated in, they’ve won 3 series so far.  And took a powerhouse Vegas team to 7 in the loss.  Pretty stark contrast to the sad sack Leafs - and shows there’s some heart under the hood.

Very well spoken, Sir....

And very true... We're not a bad team, when we're the under dogs... I can see Miller and Petey both upping their game. 
And Garlands line is going to drive the Oilers nuts....

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Bookies are rarely wrong, but it happens...

let this be the one. 

They are wrong all the time on single games.   Preds were favorites last game.  Over time they make money of course. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

They are wrong all the time on single games.   Preds were favorites last game.  Over time they make LOTS  OF money of course. 

FIFY :classic_laugh:

Tbf the odds shown, are to win it all... If we beat Oilers, we will play either Dallas or Avs, and then the final....

Lets be honest, it won't be easy, but it rarely is... 8 of the top 9 are in the final 8... its definitely cream to the top, so no wonder the bookies are giving the Canucks little chance... we were not really on fire at the end of the season, and weren't scoring for fun or dismantling Preds easily in the last round...

However, that means little as we start this round, and although Oilers have the best player since sliced bread, we all know, that if Petey catches fire AND our 2nd and 3rd string goalies can produce the goods, we'll be a match for anyone...

I think commercially, a western conference final between McD and MacKinnon would be gold, but both Dallas and Canucks will have something to say about that.... And just as an add on, all the pundits predicted Leafs to progress v Bruins.... I still fancy our chances, but losing Demko made a dent in our chances... zero doubt about it, and the bookies will have taken that into account.

On 5/4/2024 at 2:02 PM, Rip The Mesh said:

Sounds scared  😟

Zads is gonna suck the fun out the series for Hyman. That is, unless his idea of fun is trying to pick up his broken teeth from the ice with a swollen hand. 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 8:03 PM, Sapper said:

This should be a great series .... The NHL doesn't give a shit which of the 2 Canadian teams wins so we.may actually see decent officiating 

Oilers will score 2 to 3 per game ..... We need EP and a few others to show up this series as defense and goal tending alone won't best the Oilers like it did with the Preds 

Are you kidding? The NHL loves marketing McDavid. Of course they’re on the Oilers side.

Good thing McD has never really given us much trouble. Canucks seem to just be able to shut him down and frustrate him, so saying Canucks in 6 and the only reason for not predicting a sweep… ze Refs.

Edited by arsenalian
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

It will be a fantastic day and great parade, regardless if we get revenge for '94 or '11! This is year is meant to be. Canucks are Canada's team no matter what the other fan bases want to think 

Edited by VanOriginal

22 hours ago, Slegr said:

Exactly this. I bought a ticket for Game 1, having heard on Sportsnet on TV and having read on a Sportsnet article that the game is Tuesday. I'm only in Vancouver for Tuesday night, then back to Victoria on Wednesday. If they change the game to Wednesday, I'll be so annoyed. It's insane that they would leave it so late to decide, based on some other game. 

You're right; especially since other teams have already started the 2nd round.

My propeller on my tinfoil hat is still receiving anti-Canuck vibes about this delay.

I saw something a couple days ago on SportsNet that said the Canadian teams in the playoffs were Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Toronto.

No mention whatsoever of the Canucks.  

Maybe they are all resentful because it is so nice here and it is not so nice in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, or Ottawa.

But there is definitely an anti-Vancouver/BC bias out there in the rest of this country and maybe it is based in jealousy.

• Cheers 2

22 hours ago, Bob Long said:

OK but you know in reality that there's a limit to this. You can't play hard and not put yourself in position for a weak make up call, it happens all the time. 

Exactly.  Such a STUPID argument that canucks just shouldn't put themselves in the position ... for diving and embellishment. 

So what? Don't touch the Oilers then?  A gentle tap of a stick is all it would take if the player collapses.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

This is going to be a fun series.

Oilers are a very good team but I think the Canucks can keep up

We need to split up Peteys line though.

Hoglander should go back to 4th line so he gets more minutes vs 3rd pair D. That's when he had his most success.

Put Petey on Lindholms wing and bring Bluegs back on 3rd line

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Petey - Lindholm - Lafferty

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Aman - PDG/Mikheyev

• Thanks 1
  • Wiener 1