[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

56 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

18-1 odds with 8 teams left.  I have never bet on anything before, but these odds might get me to place my very first sports bet

IMG_2131.png

I just placed my first bet on Canucks to win the Stanley Cup. It was just 10$

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Thanks for the grammar lesson teach.  

Naw - just poking friendly fun with tongue in cheek.  I blame the AI program that automatically completes words but often gets them wrong, or out of context.  I've been caught a few times too

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Naw - just poking friendly fun with tongue in cheek.  I blame the AI program that automatically completes words but often gets them wrong, or out of context.  I've been caught a few times too

Me two. Eye as well. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the Oilers are going to have some headaches dealing with the size of the Canucks defense. Bigger and meaner than LA's, and they helped to contain Nashville quite effectively. 

Honestly I hate to admit it, but it feels like 2011, but where the Oilers are the Canucks, and this time the Canucks are the Bruins.  On paper it looks like it'd be a cake walk for the Oilers talent, but man, when it comes to playoff hockey, size and strength make such a difference.  This year's Canucks defence is just nasty to play against.  It will be major factor.  I'm sure of it.

• Vintage 4

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Honestly I hate to admit it, but it feels like 2011, but where the Oilers are the Canucks, and this time the Canucks are the Bruins.  On paper it looks like it'd be a cake walk for the Oilers talent, but man, when it comes to playoff hockey, size and strength make such a difference.  This year's Canucks defence is just nasty to play against.  It will be major factor.  I'm sure of it.

Thank you, Alvin for making it happen. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Darius said:

Social media getting nasty, and series hasnt even started.  

I never did like this cave man, showing his true colors now:

should be the end of canucks players being available to their meathead podcast ever again. 

the guy is barely smart enough to string together a sentence. why should I give a shit what he thinks?

Edited by tas
  • Vintage 1

19 hours ago, HKSR said:

That's fine.  In my opinion I really feel we are 1 effective Pettersson from moving into contention as 1 of the 3 top teams in the playoffs.  Problem is, I'm not sure that Petey is gonna show up this season anymore.

6 goals and 13 assists vs edmonton in his career... He will score that much in 4 games vs oilers coming up this wednesday

Just now, mikey said:

6 goals and 13 assists vs edmonton in his career... He will score that much in 4 games vs oilers coming up this wednesday

Hope so.  We're gonna need him if we want to advance.

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Actually not stupid at all. There is a lot of intelligence there if you look for it and our coaches should definitely be educating and reminding the players of these exact things.

If you don't want penalties for that stuff don't get your stick high up on the opponent when checking, don't get your stick in the opposition's hands, don't stick check players as they skate by, use your legs and skate instead, don't cheat at all and use use your stick or holding to slow players down, don't interfere with the Oiler players, don't clutch and grab, don't overplay the hit, beware of McDavid when he's out there so you don't get caught and have to resort to a penalty. Get in front of the game. Lots a player can do.

So yeah don't touch the Oilers players illegally if you don't want penalties called against you. Seems like really good advice actually. Stupid argument ... no it's a really good one?

To that end I like Zadorov's pride in hitting clean, think it's helped Myers. 

I love how Tocchet made clear how much he hates diving, then repeated it a few more times. It's a character thing, like not tanking. 

His team won't dive and I think the refs know it already. 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Darius said:

He sounds wasted. Vancouver fans shouldn't give this clown any airplay. Bissonette's face says it all though. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Like 3

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

He sounds wasted. Vancouver fans shouldn't give this clown any airplay. 

I think thats how he normally talks...bit of a neanderthal...I just hope that vancouver fans and players tune this guy out in the future (As you say)

• Cheers 1

Just now, Darius said:

I think thats how he normally talks...bit of a neanderthal...I just hope that vancouver fans and players tune this guy out in the future (As you say)

He is from Massachusetts. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

What's with people on here trying to claim their superiority of hockey knowledge based on playing the game at an amateur albeit organized level? 

Anyways, I digress.  Embellishment doesn't necessarily mean you're doing anything illegal in the first place.  A clear example is a stick that gets lifted and hits a guy's chest and now the player throws his head back like he got hit in the head.  So what's said player to do? Not check a player stick to stick in fear that his stick will get lifted to chest level and thereby an embellishment by the player throwing his head back? 

Another example, defending the front of the net in the crease area.  Boxing out generally requires preventing a player from standing in the crease.  How exactly do you push a guy out of the crease without touching him? In which case, said player embellishes and goes down like a sack of bricks.  Again, what do you do? Let them crowd the crease and get first dibs on rebounds? 

Brutal tactic if we play worried about embellishments.  Like I said, we would get steam rolled by EDM if we approached the game that way.

we play our game and frustrate mcbaby. QH sould be doing that when mcbaby does that should be fun 

26 minutes ago, Darius said:

He’s a podcaster and has to be salacious - he’ll back pedal and give accolades once we beat them. Everyone knows that the only media that sells for Vancouver hockey is negativity. 

50 minutes ago, Googlie said:

It's ok, google has a spell check but not a grammar check.