[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

8 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

It's no secret, Connie is the best player in the world and Dryercycle is also excellent, but for the Oilers it all revolves around those two guys.

Whereas the Canucks are a tight group with a ton of heart and determination. They've been underdogs all year and have proved everyone wrong. They play as a team, with a hell of a coaching staff, and not relying on one or two guys to win it all for them. Let's knock those Oiler a-holes out.

Would that make them prolapsed a-holes?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It's so easy to go on a soap box here and talk like experience playing amateur hockey makes you superior in knowledge, but surprisingly I know a LOT of people that have played organized hockey and their knowledge of the game is atrocious.  Just cuz you experience something doesn't mean you understand it.  

So you think stick on stick checking is very rare in a game? Or physically boxing out is very rare as well?  News flash man, if the Canucks play physical, they are very, very likely gonna be in situations where a player can dive and embellish the play.  The only way to avoid it is to avoid engaging physically... a recipe for disaster.

I'm not intending to be on a soapbox. Just trying to explain a concept.

You're clearly cemented in here. It's all good. I agree we have to stay heavily physical if we want to win.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Social media getting nasty, and series hasnt even started.  

I never did like this cave man, showing his true colors now:

441403444_10160896023850549_129590679581

No, Ryan. 

You're not supposed to eat the mic..... you speak into it. Tough concept, I know.

I wish I had a way to make a meme....just like the bowling ball, we could have all kinds of fun with this one.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks don't need to listen to this non-factor of a human being to get ready for the series. There's nothing motivational about listening to a deranged person.

Not even worth giving that mouthpiece the time of day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm not intending to be on a soapbox. Just trying to explain a concept.

You're clearly cemented in here. It's all good. I agree we have to stay heavily physical if we want to win.

I get what youre trying to say.  I'm just saying the Canucks simply can't afford to walk into a game with the mindset of being overly cautious physically.  Everything happens way too fast.  It also shouldn't be on the Canucks to worry about embellishments, but that's a whole other conversation...

• Cheers 3

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Not even worth giving that mouthpiece the time of day. 

I watched 15 seconds and that was enough for me.

Washed up has been trying to be relevant. Can barely speak...sounds like an absolute doofus. 

His children must be so proud.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Washed up has been trying to be relevant. Can barely speak...sounds like an absolute doofus. 

he's sidekick to a clown, what can we really expect?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Social media getting nasty, and series hasnt even started.  

I never did like this cave man, showing his true colors now:

Boy oh boy, the internet has no end to it's lows. Irrelevant douche. 

• Cheers 1

This is a series of Good vs Evil. We all know who the good is. The evil would include: Kane, Perry, Lucic (fine, he's not there anymore, but his stench is smeared amongst them). The evil has their own Darth Vader and Emperor (Drai and McD) but we have yoda, Luke, Han, Chewy, Obi and a cast of other heroes (Tocc, JT, Brock, Zad, EP, Huggy to name a few) that will win it for us. Just like in any good vs evil story, the good is usually the underdog. In most people's eyes, we are the underdog.

All we need now is the typical storybook ending of a good vs evil movie. The good guys will win! It may not be easy, it may not be quick but we will prevail.

Go Canucks Go! 

Key here is the Canuck big D and their physical play.

They need to hit McDavid/Draisaitl/Hyman/Nugent-Hopkins, but they also have to be smart in how they do it.

The slightest indication of a head hit or high elbows and the NHL will throw the book at the Canucks...  especially if the target is McJesus.

Hit the body, use the shoulder.

With McDavid, the key is eye on his body, not eye on the puck... forget the puck... let the other D pick it up... just stop McDavid's body.

Personally I think the Canucks should focus their physical play on Draisaitl... he is easier to hit, but if he goes out of the series or gets slowed down, then  McDavid and the OIlers PP becomes much easier to handle because Draisaitl is the primary shooter and the go-to target for McDavid passes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He was rag dolled by the Sedin teams when he was on the oilers and he lost in the Olympic gold medal game in 2010 in  Vancouver.. he’s a little jaded .. and a lot stupid… 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Is this guy even relevant anymore? He's trying hard to hold onto his past.

He’s not wrong, we’re a sensitive, loud fanbase of a team that hasn’t won… yet.   And I know that US and Toronto are constantly given the title of hockey’s most annoying fans by all the other fanbases.  
 But what he says has no influence on me, I’ll keep cheering for my team regardless. I’ve been committed for 35 years and will be until the day I die. 

Whitney is an idiot... who is pumping his own tires... trying to be the most annoying guy on the net... thinking this will get him higher ratings.

Just ignore him.  He has nothing intelligent to say.

The opposite of Juice... big mouth, no substance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Is this guy even relevant anymore? He's trying hard to hold onto his past.

I think he may have miscalculated. I think he didn't realize that canucks nation neither forgets nor forgives. 

he's persona non grata in vancouver for good. done. 

• Like 1

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

lets not forget we did half of those without Demko

including the game where one went into the "w" column for us and into the "l" column for them. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

This is a series of Good vs Evil. We all know who the good is. The evil would include: Kane, Perry, Lucic (fine, he's not there anymore, but his stench is smeared amongst them). The evil has their own Darth Vader and Emperor (Drai and McD) but we have yoda, Luke, Han, Chewy, Obi and a cast of other heroes (Tocc, JT, Brock, Zad, EP, Huggy to name a few) that will win it for us. Just like in any good vs evil story, the good is usually the underdog. In most people's eyes, we are the underdog.

All we need now is the typical storybook ending of a good vs evil movie. The good guys will win! It may not be easy, it may not be quick but we will prevail.

Go Canucks Go! 

Cory Perry is the literal human embodiment of a buttplug