[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

And be aware to the trends as they happen. 

If refs are calling retaliations, be aware of that and be disciplined........if they're calling stick infractions, keep your stick off a players stick or mid-section.

If certain players on the opposition is struggling with a specific scenario (like a dman struggling on his inside turn etc) and exploit that problem

What if they're not calling anything then suddenly they do?

Which is often the case.

You shouldn't have to monitor the refs...that's horsepoop. Teams should be able to just focus on the game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

What if they're not calling anything then suddenly they do?

Which is often the case.

You shouldn't have to monitor the refs...that's horsepoop. Teams should be able to just focus on the game.

STOP making sense!!!   Knock it off.  That's not what the NHL reffing is about.  🤣

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Chris Cuthbert doing play by play for Canucks Oilers series.  He's pretty good. Good choice.

But Craig Simpson doing colour?  The guy is an ex Oiler. WTF?

6 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

I'll take Cuthbert and Simpson/Debrusk all day long! Was dreading having to hear Singh shrill ever 2 minutes.

To be right honest, I actually like Debrusk. Though he is a jug head, he knows when to speak and when to shut up, and his voice monotone 

I obviously would have preferred John Shorthouse, but anyone is better than having to listen to Harnarayan Singh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 5/5/2024 at 7:25 PM, Miss Korea said:

McDavid plays behind the net.  He is going to force defenders and not the centre to cover that area.  Guys like Hyman and Draisaitl will just wait for an open play while McDavid cooks.

I don't think neutralizing Connor McDavid is going to be easy.

True. Even knowing their plays, they will be hard to neutralize. They have to respect McDavid's speed which often frees up other players.

5 minutes ago, TheBearded1 said:

Honestly think they were battling a flu and injuries; hopefully the rest will have them strong and fired up!   5-3 VAN

Myers had it. I'm sure others did too.

Then the Preds got it (at least one or two...I believe Schenn was one of them)

4 hours ago, Darius said:

Social media getting nasty, and series hasnt even started.  

I never did like this cave man, showing his true colors now:

Whitney’s rant is a cry for help. Now we know where a certain poster on here is getting his inspiration. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

When I bite into a York Peppermint Pattie, I get the cool sensation of flying down the ice at Rogers Arena in a Canucks uniform during Game 1 at 120 miles an hour, narrowly avoiding Oilers hits, spinning, jumping over the backs of Oilers defensemen toward the net in a way that would make the Duke boys very, very jealous!

What's in your Patties?  I want some !!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Whitney’s rant is a cry for help. Now we know where a certain poster on here is getting his inspiration. 

Bitter, bitter, bitter that his hometown Boston never ever picked him up or drafted him. Another Oiler hobo wandering the prairies wondering how many more times he has to wrap his lips around McBabies ass.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

I get what Linden is trying to say, but I'm not too sure he has the pulse on the Canucks anymore. Everyone, including himself, knows Petey's in a slump.

We do have other game breakers that can snatch the momentum; Quite a few of them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I get what Linden is trying to say, but I'm not too sure he has the pulse on the Canucks anymore. Everyone, including himself, knows Petey's in a slump.

We do have other game breakers that can snatch the momentum; Quite a few of them.

Sometimes comments like this can be a big motivator.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Petie is in survival mode right now.

Probably a few assists is what we're looking at. As long as he works hard.

• Cheers 2