[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We really need to re-think our home ice. I remember it being a home ice dis-advantage before. I remember it being harder to play in front of your hometown? Where and why that was or what series it was, I don't remember. Our support is there, but maybe it's like skating in front of strict parents that know the game very well. 'In-game' distractions seem to be exacerbated maybe? A bad call, a bad goal? Frustration levels increase 10 fold or something? 

I think if we find a chant that helps us all relax, like We Will We Will Rock You. Just steady. Steadifying everyone in the stadium. 

Either way the boys can't over react when something goes wrong, well because Bettman or whatever. This is where Tocchet and our coaches come in. Imo

Sometimes the ice was so bad that our stars like Petey had to handle fumbling pucks and that is bad if you want great passing and offence.

So it’s maybe the ice that has tilted the home games a bit. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We really need to re-think our home ice. I remember it being a home ice dis-advantage before. I remember it being harder to play in front of your hometown? Where and why that was or what series it was, I don't remember. Our support is there, but maybe it's like skating in front of strict parents that know the game very well. 'In-game' distractions seem to be exacerbated maybe? A bad call, a bad goal? Frustration levels increase 10 fold or something? 

I think if we find a chant that helps us all relax, like We Will We Will Rock You. Just steady. Steadifying everyone in the stadium. 

Either way the boys can't over react when something goes wrong, well because Bettman or whatever. This is where Tocchet and our coaches come in. Imo

I agree. It's understandable the fan base wants to win so badly, and that has translated to what I would call nervous energy at times in the past. Going through a rollercoaster season last year seems to have brought the "have fun no matter what" attitude out, and that's the steady, positive energy we need at home. Tochet mentioned it in his presser, something like "the fans are still cheering even when we are down, so the team doesn't need to worry about doing too much" (paraphrasing). Great coach.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I'm human, I worry about things. Not very much, mind you. As I get older I've learned to live in the moment as much as I can but when I do think about this matchup, the goaltending comes to mind as something that both sides could exploit. I'd love nothing more than to see Silovs go on a fairy-tale run in these playoffs!

We're all the same...

But there is simply nothing we can do about it. Am I pissed off, that the one player we've regular been riding is out of the series, you bet I am, but as you say yourself, you come to the conclussion, worrying about the things we can't change, brings us nothing and nowhere 😊

I understand the frustration of every single diehard Canucks fan, that when we finally reach the play offs again, one of the most important players on the team goes down injured. 

Hopefully Silovs can hold the fort, and if there is a silver lining, we'll know if Silovs is out guy going forward. Just like we had with Demko and Schneider before him. 

Have a few beers amigo and lets send Coilers into darkness 😊🍺

Edited by spook007

12 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Just bought myself a ticket for game 5!!!!

So stoked I can barely focus at work. Let's gooooooooo!!!

Magic... good for you Deb. 
Envy doesn't even get close to how envious I am of anyone going. 

Get that cowbell ringing...😊🛎️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Vermeer Dairy Farmers side gig.

I'm banning them from my ears.

It was so strange I had to watch it twice.    The second  read what they were singing, had no idea really,  i'm glad your banning it from your ears.   We don't need our fans getting migraines .. Kane train, Hyman something hunt,  McDavid CAP  eee  TAN tan summer GIF

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm feeling as confident as ever.

We beat these guys every game this year. 

I know, I know,  "playoffs are a different beast" but they are still both the same teams, playing the same game of hockey.

Sometimes a team just matches up well against others...all indicators tell us that we have their number.

And Silovs, I faith in him. He has looked great. All he knows is to win in big circumstances.

Yep. Lets smoke these fools. 

that's the spirit.... LFG... 

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, Screw said:

Preds fans were rather rational compared to reading the comments from the Oilers faithful.   They think they will walk to the cup.  

So did the leafs fans....again...

On 5/6/2024 at 10:58 AM, Gawdzukes said:

Actually not stupid at all. There is a lot of intelligence there if you look for it and our coaches should definitely be educating and reminding the players of these exact things.

If you don't want penalties for that stuff don't get your stick high up on the opponent when checking, don't get your stick in the opposition's hands, don't stick check players as they skate by, use your legs and skate instead, don't cheat at all and use use your stick or holding to slow players down, don't interfere with the Oiler players, don't clutch and grab, don't overplay the hit, beware of McDavid when he's out there so you don't get caught and have to resort to a penalty. Get in front of the game. Lots a player can do.

So yeah don't touch the Oilers players illegally if you don't want penalties called against you. Seems like really good advice actually. Stupid argument ... no it's a really good one?

Ok so a Canuck takes a shot, follow through, stick is up. An opposing player near them snaps their head back, stick hasn’t even touched them, and ref calls a high stick. That happened with Nashville (was it Horvquist?) skating into Boesers stick after a follow through. Playing within the rules, but getting called because of embellishment. How do you overcome that? Not take the shot? Have no follow through, so it’s a muffin?

For the record I didn’t really have a problem with the reffing in the 1st round. Couple iffy calls like that against Canucks, but they also got away with a couple. Last game was a bit ridiculous, but tends to happen in elimination games, team facing elimination has to be very egregious. Did think the cross checks on Garland should have been called, but in the end better team won.

10 hours ago, Darius said:

Well there go my plans for the weekend..

BTW, "crucial period is a defined term: " In developmental psychology and developmental biology, a critical period is a maturational stage in the lifespan of an organism during which the nervous system is especially sensitive to certain environmental stimuli. If, for some reason, the organism does not receive the appropriate stimulus during this "critical period" to learn a given skill or trait, it may be difficult, ultimately less successful, or even impossible, to develop certain associated functions later in life. Functions that are indispensable to an organism's survival, such as vision, are particularly likely to develop during critical periods. "Critical period" also relates to the ability to acquire one's first language. Researchers found that people who passed the "critical period" would not acquire their first language fluently.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_period

Coilers fans are a funny bunch, have no idea what they are talking about...

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Darius said:

Well there go my plans for the weekend..

Why risk economic damage to your brand?

Can't be that hard to find where they sell their milk, and do a boycott.

Pissing off potential customers is a bad business practice.

Edited by Gurn
where/ were
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gurn said:

Why risk economic damage to your brand?

Can't be that hard to find were they sell their milk, and do a boycott.

Pissing off potential customers is a bad business practice.

milk is for babies. They are doing people a favour. 

• Haha 1