[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I meant an Oilers Champion

Yup, I know what you meant. And also just one from that championship team that wasn’t there at their last cup 34 years ago….

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Maybe he can lace them up, the defense needs all the help they can get.

I'd love to see Coffey carrying the puck to the net one more time.  There might not have been a dman in the history of the game who did it better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'd love to see Coffey carrying the puck to the net one more time.  There might not have been a dman in the history of the game who did it better

That I can agree with, but you are now on a Canucks fan forum referencing old Oilers successes and experience to defend  your debate. Are you really a Canucks Fan? That is the question Hamlet….

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

And of course his Orr-breaking record goal had to be against the Canucks ...

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well Orr says hello. But I do agree he could skate, handle the puck and way ahead of his time. But how was his actual defense game? 

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’m still annoyed that we might start on Wednesday (instead of Tuesday) all because of the Avs possibility. I’m pretty sure it would mean we’d play Wed and Thur back-to-back nights, because Saturday is slated as Game 3 in Edmonton.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-vs-oilers-start-tuesday-stanley-cup-playoffs

they would never do back to back playoff games

• Confused 1

Just now, Vancan said:

Well Orr says hello. But I do agree he could skate, handle the puck and way ahead of his time. But how was his actual defense game? 

I would take a deference man that gets way above average points for the position AND defends. AKA Borque, Pronger, Lidstrom, than one that only gets points and nothing else.

8 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

they would never do back to back playoff games

They have done in the past, with concert conflicts ...

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

Anytime I hear Simpson speak, he reminds me of my demented grandmother. Still, I would take him and Cuthbert over the other gentleman who lives to perform fallatio on McDavid genitals. DeBrisk is an Oilers homer too. At least the series will be watchable now; I was actually quite anxious about the alternative.  Thank you, Bruins!

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

55 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

That I can agree with, but you are now on a Canucks fan forum referencing old Oilers successes and experience to defend  your debate. Are you really a Canucks Fan? That is the question Hamlet….

.. .. .. not to be,is not the question.ha ha

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Googlie said:

So, McDavid is fast.  But is he fastest ever?  How would Bure compare?

Wish we had Hedican or a D man like him.He was probably the fastest we had on D.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Googlie said:

So, McDavid is fast.  But is he fastest ever?  How would Bure compare?

Not sure who the guy that created this is, but its just his opinion. Bure is no way the fastest ever, nor is McDavid. Absolutely they are lightening on the skates, but in a straight up race there were/are faster. The thing that separates them is how talented they are with the puck moving at that speed.  99.9% of players need to slow down a bit or alot to razzle and dazzle, deak, etc. McDavid and Bure actually speed up doing it. Add there going from 0 to full blast in 3-4 strides and freak of nature speed, it puts them into another category only a select few should be included in. Yes both players have a been given the gift of speed on skates, but not the "fastest" ever.  

8 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Hard to believe we have only faced these guys twice in the playoffs. 

Went to a friend's place for a little post game celebrating after last night's game and had the call in show on the radio as I drove home after

Some guy comes on, says he's 60 years old and been a fan since Canucks came into the league and that, referring to the soilers, we've "kicked them out" of the playoffs almost every time we've played them. That he's not sure of the numbers but we've kicked them out about 90% of the times we've played them. Like 90% of the time right?  BIG pauses between each sentence and each time slurring just a little more to the point where it becomes clear he's full on drunk and maybe having trouble staying awake

Radio guy says, 'Well, umm, the Canucks and the Oilers have only met twice in the playoffs before so...?'  ...  ... Hello?   ...   Hello?

Well I guess we lost the caller...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

They all sound nervous to me.  They know there up against it, big time.😝

Actually quite surprised how brutal some of those media questions were. Expected a bunch of homer / leading questions for them to talk about how well they match up against us but a bunch of questions really seemed to be getting in their heads around how poorly they played against us earlier in the season. Could tell McFluffy was not happy with several of the questions. I may have a newfound respect for Edmonton sports journalists 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vancan said:

I would take a deference man that gets way above average points for the position AND defends. AKA Borque, Pronger, Lidstrom, than one that only gets points and nothing else.

I'd add Potvin and Robinson to that list.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I know you're referencing this particular group, but they are a championship org and actually have one of them behind the bench 

edmonton-oilers-5-time-stanley-cup-champions-16-x-22-repositionable-shield-decal_pi4439000_altimages_ff_4439975-6796f8150efe70ae046falt1_full.jpg

Don't bring up history.

Last time we played the oilers in the playoffs was in 1992.

They beat us 4 - 2 in the second round.

Interesting hockey factoid.

Randy Gregg who has five cup rings playing for Edmonton, played his last NHL game on May the 12th, as a Canuck, in that series.

Am I one of the few not worried about the Oilers at all? Yeah they have arguably the two best scorers in the world but aside from those two, they’re an average team. You neutralize one of those two and players like Hyman and RNH can’t generate anything on their own. I fully trust all our centres to contain one or both of them. 

Canucks in 6.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I’m still annoyed that we might start on Wednesday (instead of Tuesday) all because of the Avs possibility. I’m pretty sure it would mean we’d play Wed and Thur back-to-back nights, because Saturday is slated as Game 3 in Edmonton.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-vs-oilers-start-tuesday-stanley-cup-playoffs

We need all the time to rest and heal up.

I'm fine with it