[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This, at first glance might seem gloomy. / I take it as he's close !!

So who starts, DeSmith or Silovs.  My money is on CD

The team is learning what it takes to win.....Mr. Tocchet has been preaching what it takes to win from December onwards but until the team is actually experiencing it, they could not internalize. They are now internalizing that and they are starting to connect the dots of what it actually takes.  I am not stating this so that we can feel good about making it this far as sometimes raw energy and being naïve is preferred....not always the tried and true takes the day.  Rough around the edges has its benefits sometimes and I am excited to see how this series plays out.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So "Dom" from the Athletic says his model gives the Canucks a 26% chance. 

He was wrong about us sweeping the Oily's in the regular season. He was wrong about us winning the Pacific. He was wrong about us beating Nashville. 

Three strikes you're out.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Petterson needs to stay in his feet, every shift he goes down too easy - you can tell he is trying to sell a penalty 

that may come back to bite him in the ass

Pettersson is light on his feet and this is what makes him so fast and elusive.   Don't be a grinch and take away Petey's magic.  Petey, do your dekes!  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He was wrong about us sweeping the Oily's in the regular season. He was wrong about us winning the Pacific. He was wrong about us beating Nashville. 

Wasn’t he the guy that categorized QH as a tier 3b defenceman at the start of the year? Don’t know how some of these ‘analytics’ guys have seemingly replaced legit sports journalists. 

• ThereItIs 4

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Silovs

Run with the hot hand. It would also be a good test to see how he does against EDM out of the gate.

Although DeSmith has the experience from his most recent showing against the Oilers. Albeit McDavidless.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He'll be wrong again. It's been happening all season. Yet people keep doubling down on the wrong side of the fence.

We're better on D, deeper in net, better bottom forward depth, can forecheck heavy, have better size ... we need to contain the Oilers Top 6 and PP.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, spook007 said:

F that.... then put a nobody with size to take out McD, and get a major + suspension. 
If the cards aren't dealt fairly, you make your own luck. 

Thing is teams shouldn't have to make adjustments according to how the officials are deciding to call a game. In other trades if you suck at your job your gone. There needs to be consistency. The stripes shouldn't be the stars of the show. And it should be regular season and play offs. It can be frustrating. As soon as my team bows out so do I. To many inconsistencies for me to put up with, for me to want to support anything other than the team I love

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Wasn’t he the guy that categorized QH as a tier 3b defenceman at the start of the year? Don’t know how some of these ‘analytics’ guys have seemingly replaced legit sports journalists. 

yes thats him.

His whole shtick is "expected goals". Well, I expect JT will have his way with Nugget-Hophead. 

• Like 1