[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

19 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You never know what you're going to get with the Oilers. Well, except McDavid will cry at the refs every time someone blinks at him. Hope they don't buy in too much.

This is what I'm afraid of. The Oilers may play the victim card, diving and whining if our D gets to physical so they can get their PP's. Tochett has been very mature and quiet about the reffing. If things get out of hand with the Oilers diving, I could see Tocchet speaking out. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

That's what Tocc said last night, he hopes it isn't a penalty fest.

Good. He needs to lay the foundation for what we all hope is more even reffing next series. If next series we are once again going 2 to 1 PP ratio, absolutely no way we win, no way. 

Just now, -dlc- said:

Sometimes I forget I have 7 flags on my car and someone will honk at me and I'm like "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM AHOLE" then...."oh" honkhonkhonk back.

I'm giddy. I love this team and this year they're showing us what they're all about. Skill, determination, resilience and even....fun. JT keeping things light was brilliant.

Greatest thing about last nights win is that this team deserves more games, more time. Love this team.

• Like 1

If it becomes a low scoring grind it out series that favours the Canucks, if it becomes a high scoring high flying series that favours the Oilers. 

If the Canucks are going to win then a huge factor is going to have to be their big physical defensemen like Cole, Soucy, Myers and Zadorov, those guys are going to have to make life extremely hellish for the Oilers skilled scoring by forwards by keeping them away from the net and manhandling them physically as much as possible without taking too many penalties. 

1 hour ago, Rindiculous said:

R/hockey for this series already starting out with gold.  Even Oilers fans would much rather have Shorthouse call the game over Singh.

IMG_0042.png

IMG_0043.png

Praying for no Singh, I want to be able to listen to the games.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

If Tocchet can figure out a way / methods, if you will / to bring Pettersson to his pre-slump days, like before the Allstar break, Our team

is just as good as the Oilers. I'm looking forwards to playing the bums. Seems to me; we have more players that are multi talented. 

Zadorov is a beast yet a damn smart player as well.  As always, officiating will factor in and the team must be aware of it, always. making

sure that if you are getting called, make sure one of theirs is too. 

Tocchet and Miller have seen most everything in this league and that will help.  McDavid isn't that hard to read, when he sees the avenue, he takes it.

Alvin has put together a great team and there's no reason to think this will be a slam-dunk for the Oilers, not likely. Bring em on!

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Aren’t Flames fans out collecting Cowpies? 

Forrreeeee!!!!!

• Haha 1

since we're talking Oilers:

Rumor has it the Drai wants to be traded to Boston and only Boston. 

I could see a Drai for Swayman swap ( with other pieces thrown in either way of course to even it out )

2 things will happen in Edmonton:

1- Swayman will learn what it's like to have a team that abandons the d zone at the first inkling of getting the puck. aka no defense.

2-McWhiney will have to literally carry the team as he won't have anyone else to score for him. 

In Boston Drai will take over for Pasta and still be pissy but on the east coast. 

• Like 1

This is going to be a fun series. I went to Edmonton for the last game, and the number of Canucks fans at the game and in the bars/on the streets celebrating was awesome. I talked to Nucks fans from all over BC, and I expect there will be even more of them for this series. McD wasn't playing, and we did get lucky on at least one goal, but if Zad, Myers Miller, Joshua and Lindholm can shut down Oilers top two guys, we will win the series. Canucks in 6.

• Like 1

I still don't want fucking singh but at least he's 0-3 in calling the games. Of course Shorty is 1-0 so we want that anyway.

It would be harsh for batch but i'd rather they move shorty to radio if the idiots don't use shorty for the tv. 

IMO this is how to play the Oilers. First, don't take penalties to negate their power-play advantage.

McDick needs to feel the pain of playoff hockey. Skating is his forte, enough said.

The other guys strength is passing and shooting, he can't contribute without his arms.

Skinner has yet to experience much traffic in his crease, now's his time.

You're welcome.

John Shannon Twitter…

“Auston Matthews, Elias Pettersson and Jaccob Slavin are the three finalists for the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, for Gentlemanly play.”

• Upvote 1