[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

6 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

Adam Henrique out for game 1 maybe? 

He’s missing the first two games according to an Oilers fan I know.

2 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

New avatar for the 2nd round... might add a little McPuke head to impale on the sword 🤣

Soil No Mercy.jpg

Worshiping satan, I guess it’s worth a try. God sure doesn’t like this team. 

I love Silov's attitude. He is having the time of his life out there. I hope it is infectious, and the rest of the team adopts it. Having fun may just loosen some tightly held sticks and allow all of them to play to their full potential.

The pressure is all on the Oilers. They are trying very hard to totally disregard the regular season record against us. They do so at their peril. The Canucks are very hard to play against, and the additions of Zadorov and Lindholm, make them even more so. When we win the first game, we may be so far in the Oiler's heads that they will not fully recover until it is too late.

It will be a rough tough series, but I am an unapologetic optimist. The Canucks win.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Gotta remember that it really isn't the Oilers players that are being cocky pricks about anything.  It's the stupid Oilers fans.

I am aware. That’s why I commented, buds. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I am aware. That’s why I commented, buds. 

Wasn't directing that reply to you specifically.  Just speaking in general terms. 

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

EP may be doubtful for tomorrow? Missed practice today with illness 

Aman subbed in for him during practice so it looks like they plan on him being in.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

how is this news coming out at 10pm?

edit: saw Murph just reported on Sportsnet that EP is in for tomorrow. Probably won’t be his best but it’s still good news.

Canucks vs. Oilers: Elias Pettersson misses practice

Several Canucks have dealt with illness lately

An illness is keeping Elias Pettersson away from practice.

The Vancouver Canucks star was absent from the ice Tuesday at Rogers Arena, the Canucks’ final full skate before their Pacific Division final series against the Edmonton Oilers starts Wednesday night.

Pettersson practised Monday, though he didn’t speak with media afterwards because of a dentist’s appointment, the team’s PR staff said.

Head coach Rick Tocchet didn’t seem to have any concern about the centre’s status.

“Just a little head cold I think,” he said.

Several Canucks have dealt with illness lately: Tocchet was under the weather late in the regular season and is still dealing with a lingering cough, while Tyler Myers missed Game 2 of the first-round series versus Nashville due to illness.

And Luke Schenn on Nashville also missed a game with an illness, which he described as the sickest he’s been in a decade.

“I haven’t been that sick in 10 years,” Schenn told The Tennessean last week. “I physically couldn’t even move.”

Nils Aman skated in Pettersson’s place between Nils Hoglander and Ilya Mikheyev.

pjohnston@postmedia.com

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-vs-oilers-elias-pettersson-misses-practice

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

edit: saw Murph just reported on Sportsnet that EP is in for tomorrow. Probably won’t be his best but it’s still good news.

Canucks vs. Oilers: Elias Pettersson misses practice

Several Canucks have dealt with illness lately

An illness is keeping Elias Pettersson away from practice.

The Vancouver Canucks star was absent from the ice Tuesday at Rogers Arena, the Canucks’ final full skate before their Pacific Division final series against the Edmonton Oilers starts Wednesday night.

Pettersson practised Monday, though he didn’t speak with media afterwards because of a dentist’s appointment, the team’s PR staff said.

Head coach Rick Tocchet didn’t seem to have any concern about the centre’s status.

“Just a little head cold I think,” he said.

Several Canucks have dealt with illness lately: Tocchet was under the weather late in the regular season and is still dealing with a lingering cough, while Tyler Myers missed Game 2 of the first-round series versus Nashville due to illness.

And Luke Schenn on Nashville also missed a game with an illness, which he described as the sickest he’s been in a decade.

“I haven’t been that sick in 10 years,” Schenn told The Tennessean last week. “I physically couldn’t even move.”

Nils Aman skated in Pettersson’s place between Nils Hoglander and Ilya Mikheyev.

pjohnston@postmedia.com

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-vs-oilers-elias-pettersson-misses-practice

Hopefully he coughs all over McDavid.

• Haha 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Hopefully he coughs all over McDavid.

or better yet pulls a Marchand and licks him. Then again, he’d likely catch some filthy Oiler Ick.

Everyone picking the Coil in 6 or 7 games. Bring it on. Love it when the Nux are the underdog. Seem to play way better.

Just now, RWJC said:

or better yet pulls a Marchand and licks him. Then again, he’d likely catch some filthy Oiler Ick.

Everyone picking the Coil in 6 or 7 games. Bring it on. Love it when the Nux are the underdog. Seem to play way better.

Nah, that was truly disgusting; I'd be pretty embarrassed if one of our guys did that.  I'm still surprised that Ryan Callahan didn't get an ice cream endorsement deal after that.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Slegr said:

Good thing the game was moved to Wednesday instead of today. If Petey’s still sick on Wednesday, he needs to rub his snot and cough all in McDavid’s fat face.

Pass It On Falling In Love GIF by Barbara Pozzi

I rather see that we win without Petey and show how much better as a team we are since they are hopelessly lost without McDavid.