[Second Round] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Boston Bruins (A2)

Who will win the series?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I guess they decided that swayman wasn't going to make that save anyway and SB fies give him the shove before there's even a rebound. 

That's the official explanation but i'd be so pissed if that's a legal way to score goals, push a dman into the goalie. Not a fan of the call. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

That's the official explanation but i'd be so pissed if that's a legal way to score goals, push a dman into the goalie. Not a fan of the call. 

Me neither. 

Seeing the reverse angle of the Marchand hit, I now understand what happened to him. Worthy of a penalty/fine/suspension, but he was knocked out by a standard "Marchand" play, so my sympathies for him are muted. I guess that makes me a 'bad' person. 🫤

you're not going to believe who the assistant general manager of Florida is. That's right! It's Gregory Campbell. Sometimes it works out when you "know" people higher up. 

I predict that Florida gets to the final and probably wins their first cup. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, footsteps said:

Seeing the reverse angle of the Marchand hit, I now understand what happened to him. Worthy of a penalty/fine/suspension, but he was knocked out by a standard "Marchand" play, so my sympathies for him are muted. I guess that makes me a 'bad' person. 🫤

I get the Marchand hate. However, we need to be aware that Sam Bennett will be doing the same thing to our players too. So what happens when he “punches” Huggy in the face and knocks him out of the series and there is no penalty or suspension?  

I would have rather seen Bennett suspended to set the precedent and to avoid him doing it again to one of our guys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I get the Marchand hate. However, we need to be aware that Sam Bennett will be doing the same thing to our players too. So what happens when he “punches” Huggy in the face and knocks him out of the series and there is no penalty or suspension?  

I would have rather seen Bennett suspended to set the precedent and to avoid him doing it again to one of our guys. 

I did say that the hit IS worthy of a penalty/fine/suspension.

But I have muted sympathy for Marchand being taken down by the kind of dirty hit that he epitomizes.

16 hours ago, footsteps said:

Don't be too hard on yourself.

The Rat's karma balance sheet is still lopsided to the negative.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Karma's a bitch

Good, I hope his career is over frankly. Live as a douche, die as a douche. 

And just to preempt anyone thinking I'm being harsh, look at how many times this creep could have ended a career:

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nhl/boston-bruins/a-look-back-at-brad-marchands-suspension-history/202258/

Edited by Bob Long
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

you're not going to believe who the assistant general manager of Florida is. That's right! It's Gregory Campbell. Sometimes it works out when you "know" people higher up. 

I predict that Florida gets to the final and probably wins their first cup. 

Btw, Laughing at the Campbell news, not your prediction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

Btw, Laughing at the Campbell news, not your prediction.

maybe Rutherford should offer him a lucrative Assistant GM job here during the summer

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I hate Marchand as much as the next guy but that needed to be a suspension, it sends the wrong signal to all the goons. Can’t comprehend how it wasn’t without acknowledging a conspiracy theory.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

There seems to be some pretty lopsided officiating in Floridas favor tonight.

The league mandates their officials to manage games, and (as a result) series. Rather than just calling it as they see it, which is how it should be done, the refs try and manage games. Snd we see the mess that it creates. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The league mandates their officials to manage games, and (as a result) series. Rather than just calling it as they see it, which is how it should be done, the refs try and manage games. Snd we see the mess that it creates. 

Shouldn’t they be favouring Boston tonight, the longer a series goes the better financially.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Goalie interference against Boston coming up.

Edit, too bad, Bruins would have went nuts.

Guess there was some payback there. ESPN crew thought it should have been called back (not that they are experts :classic_wink:)

Seriously what is goaltender interference anymore. Maybe we just push someone into Pickard tonight and see what happens. Seems like running interference with the goalie is fine now, and you don't get penalized for it anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Wing said:

Seriously what is goaltender interference anymore. Maybe we just push someone into Pickard tonight and see what happens. Seems like running interference with the goalie is fine now, and you don't get penalized for it anyway. 

That would be a two minute penalty because Vancouver.