[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames, Scotia Saddledome, September 24, @ 5PM PST, Preseason Game #1

Slegr

1 minute ago, Bounce000 said:

I guess Kadri and Huberdeau are going to make the team? Not sure why the flames are loading up in the first preseason game but you do you I guess.

Maybe they want their guys to feel good in the first game since a bunch of guys haven't resigned. And they don't seem to have too many guys who need to fight for spots. It's just unfortunate timing that we decided to dress our ahl line up.

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Because that's what you do in preseason. The better question is why are the flames blowing their load on the first game of the preseason 

Their NHL squad really needed the tune up game to build their confidence... "yay, we won with an NHL roster against an AHL roster!"

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

That's what WE do in preseason and it's bites us in the ass every year. That's okay change nothing and expect change amirite?

https://coloradohockeynow.com/2023/09/24/avalanche-vs-wild-preseason-game-1-lines-starting-goalies-how-to-watch/

Not exactly world beaters in the other game today either 

Just now, Canucks_fo_life said:

And most teams don't get demolished on the scoreboard....

On the other hand though, Calgary's gonna be all pumped up with some false confidence that could play against them. They'll be strutting all over like they've done something special.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Raty playing pretty well so far. Might be our best forward in a bad period so far. Suter has also been solid.

When I first tuned in it looked like Suter was the only one playing defence.

To be fair, the back end is even more AHL’y than our forward group.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Most teams ice the b roster on the first road preseason game only Canuck fans constantly cry about this. 

most teams will ice 5-6 regulars even on the road.. not a full ahl lineup that's destined to be clobbered. not sure what is there to evaluate when every line is simply out matched. if they at least ice 1 regular line i dont care 1st 2nd 3rd whatever and 1 regular d pairing i'd be happy.. canucks usually wait until the very last game to ice a regular lineup.. and every year our start is like we are still in preseason.

• Cheers 1